Cost of hospital treatment?

Drew3223

5 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I guess by now you got your answer mines comes from first hand experience and also from a number of close friends who have had to use it.

Post 16 above shows the link to Bumrungrad Hospital's list of prices for ICU, Bumrungrad is the most expensive private hospital in the country by a long way.

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Then you weren't in real ICU, if you got a pizza. Many of these Hospital have two units one for real cases as I call it that the price is half. If you were ordering pizza then you got ripped off staying in a ICU?

Totally agree, see my previous post. They did have a machine to take my BP every 15 minutes. After 4 times I asked them to turn it off.

I wouldn't say I was ripped off as I did get two for the price of one on the pizzas !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, saengd said:

In all due respect, I think you are being a bit anal retentive here!  You going around posting " nonsense and wrong " you see what is on paper on website have you actually seen a break down when you check out of a hospital?  times you get lucky and it is lower than quoted then there are times it is higher with all the bells and whistle added on that is real life!

I have a number of past billing from Bangkok/Pattaya no insurance general room cost not ICU is 6000 for Ward A, Ward B better rooms nicer bathroom, microwave starts at 8,000 everything else is ala cart as I noted.

Ten years ago I went throughout Chon Buri, to all the private hospital to check on prices without insurance because my Thai wife had cancer were prices all the same they were comparable!  And that is what my point is all about " around "

You note "21,000"  can you guarantee when if you walked out when everything is added deducted it will come out exactly 21,000!  Get over it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Drew3223 said:

curious of the cost of hospital treatment, public Vs. private? if you caught this horrid virus. seen many posts here with differing figures.

The old adage, "if you have to ask, you cannot afford it" comes to mind

No real "treatment" other than the ventilator to help you breathe.

If you get to that stage and are older or have pre-existing conditions, best to be asking "what is the cost of a funeral"

Stay inside, stay away from people, clean your hands everytime you touch something

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

In all due respect, I think you are being a bit anal retentive here!  You going around posting " nonsense and wrong " you see what is on paper on website have you actually seen a break down when you check out of a hospital?  times you get lucky and it is lower than quoted then there are times it is higher with all the bells and whistle added on that is real life!

I have a number of past billing from Bangkok/Pattaya no insurance general room cost not ICU is 6000 for Ward A, Ward B better rooms nicer bathroom, microwave starts at 8,000 everything else is ala cart as I noted.

Ten years ago I went throughout Chon Buri, to all the private hospital to check on prices without insurance because my Thai wife had cancer were prices all the same they were comparable!  And that is what my point is all about " around "

You note "21,000"  can you guarantee when if you walked out when everything is added deducted it will come out exactly 21,000!  Get over it!

The cost of a room is the cost of a room......room types vary and are costed accordingly, they start with a shared room and end up with a suite, after that is an ICU room. The cost of those rooms do not vary, the services and treatments you get on top of the room cost do....retain that wherever you wish!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Even before the Virus, a number of years back price per day even for a place like Bangkok/Pattaya for infection flu it was 10,000 a day, that was without insurance the room itself was 6000 baht everything is like Ala-Cart.

ICU, started at 30,000 baht a day so if it was the Virus containment look to the sky especially now that they past a law saying you can charge more to a foreigner even at public Thais hospital.

Thats some room.

The RAM in CM is far cheaper for a individual Private room, about B2,000 last time I was in.

john

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonwilly said:

Thats some room.

The RAM in CM is far cheaper for a individual Private room, about B2,000 last time I was in.

john

That is nice to know!  but are you and others missing something in my post " Bangkok/Pattaya  nice to know CM is cheaper though!

5 minutes ago, saengd said:

The cost of a room is the cost of a room......room types vary and are costed accordingly, they start with a shared room and end up with a suite, after that is an ICU room. The cost of those rooms do not vary, the services and treatments you get on top of the room cost do....retain that wherever you wish!

You just prove my point read your own words! " cost of room is cost of room " " rooms types vary and are cost accordingly "  " the cost of those rooms do not vary " what is it what are you defending?  bye! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, idiot farang said:

Was wondering the same thing...

It depends on where you are in Thailand. In Phuket, Pattaya and BKK, the private hospitals are very expensive. In some provinces there are great government hospitals, in some others,not so good. An expensive private hospital can charge 3-4 times more than a good private hospital in other provinces.

If getting infected and have to stay in a private hospital, your insurance better cover it. The cost for a private room can be as much as 6-8000 baht/day instead of 2000 baht/day in other private hospitals. 

27 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

You just prove my point read your own words! " cost of room is cost of room " " rooms types vary and are cost accordingly "  " the cost of those rooms do not vary " what is it what are you defending?  bye! 

I'm not defending anything I'm challenging what you wrote. You said, "but are you and others missing something in my post " Bangkok/Pattaya  nice to know CM is cheaper though"! By that you insinuate that hospitals in Bangkok/Pattaya are far more expensive than elsewhere which is only true to a small extent, Bangkok Hospital ROOM costs are the same in both locations, as evidenced by the link I posted.

And if you delve further into that link you'll see the neither the cost of a room nor the cost of ICU alone is anything like the high numbers you stated at the outset, you are simply wrong on your initial statement, as I wrote at the start of all of this.

1 minute ago, saengd said:

That's because you spout <deleted> with so many of your posts, like yesterdays claim that the fatality rate from the virus was 1%, according to the WHO!!!

Unless I've already gotten to your point in life!  " claim the fatality rate from the virus was 1% according to the WHO? "

Can you please please go back to that Thread and forward it to me.  I do " spout " or is like you express an opinion? I would seriously like to see what I supposely wrote if you can't produce it then it is a good time for you to just slip away quietly to save some face!

30 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

If you have seen a private room in 3 different hospitals and in different provinces in Thailand (I have), your first thought will be, Deja vu? They look almost exactly the same. The standard is very good, proper bed, sofa,TV with remote, fridge,a small balcony and a bathroom. The price for 24 hours includes breakfast, lunch and dinner and a nurse checking up on you. BUT,the prices do vary a lot depending on hospital and location. In some provinces you'll get a private room for 2000 baht/day, in others it's much more expensive. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

The old adage, "if you have to ask, you cannot afford it" comes to mind

No real "treatment" other than the ventilator to help you breathe.

If you get to that stage and are older or have pre-existing conditions, best to be asking "what is the cost of a funeral"

Stay inside, stay away from people, clean your hands everytime you touch something

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

Warren Buffett in his recent interview with CNBC related a great quip from his right-hand man Charlie Munger: "An ounce of prevention is not worth a pound of cure, it's worth a ton of cure." That would apply here in spades.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Cost of hospital treatment?

How long is a piece of string? upto 25,000 Baht just for a test who's ripping who off here?

You can get a test for 6-7000 baht if you know where to go. 

OP asked about hospital prices. 

Someone I know just spent a weekend (only 2 nights I think) in Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok with a serious case of colitis, various meds and procedures required: bill was approximately 47,500 baht. 

12 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My wife said ICU was about 15k baht per night, so I have allowed for double that, and having private cover, I don't care if the sky's the limit, as long as the insurer coughs up, if ever I have to be admitted.

You will care when next year (and every year after) when your premiums jump up 10%, which they all have been going up year by year  all very close to that range due to price gouging by hospitals here.

• Thanks 1

//CLOSED//

You are expected to treat members with respect.   You may disagree, but you may not use inflammatory remarks.   Continuing to post off-topic posts and flame members will earn suspensions.