Cost of hospital treatment?

Drew3223

3 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

I'm not really following the news. But if I recall correctly young and strong people will cure on their own. And old and weak people will die anyway as there is no cure. So you might as well stay at home and wait your fate. As hospital can't help you. ????

Of course they can help people, why do you think so many countries need urgently breathing aid devices, some people in intensive care certainly will not get out and some will be save, without the breathing aid devices all those in intensive care would have died

• Thanks 1

According to a government directive, news link published here a week ago it was to be free for farangs, the ministers had signed off on the funds etc...............but the health service spokesperson said the funds hadnt arrived.

As a rule any private hospital will be a minimum 10k a night for room board, basic tests, a few minutes morning and night with a doc and nurse, saline drips, closing the curtains at night, maybe a few minor treatments .................anything major wrong oh lordy, plus if you have insurance its about 500baht every time you fart. ICU etc skys the limit

Try and break down the bill into some rational easy to understand format they will throw a tantrum if you have the audacity to go through it item for item.

For covid looking at 10- 20k perhaps just to start for tests before even being admitted.

This link a little help.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/the-costs-of-testing-for-covid-19-infection/?fbclid=IwAR3sbDl8cPZIw3lNDuLudkmpIHuRNx8_m2oLm8PXNKbj75TfhrrNJ5wh8JY

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Even before the Virus, a number of years back price per day even for a place like Bangkok/Pattaya for infection flu it was 10,000 a day, that was without insurance the room itself was 6000 baht everything is like Ala-Cart.

ICU, started at 30,000 baht a day so if it was the Virus containment look to the sky especially now that they past a law saying you can charge more to a foreigner even at public Thais hospital.

Even Bumrungrad ICU is not 30k per day, you must be mistaken.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My wife said ICU was about 15k baht per night, so I have allowed for double that, and having private cover, I don't care if the sky's the limit, as long as the insurer coughs up, if ever I have to be admitted.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul DS said:

Actually Bumrungrad ICU costs THB 28,040 including meals, but Dr and medications etc are of course an additional charge, note though 5 days ago they were full! with a waiting list.        (My friend was discharged 5 days ago)

Actually nonsense! Bumrungrad ICU is 21k Baht: https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/services-and-facilities/inpatient-accommodation/intensive-care

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My wife said ICU was about 15k baht per night, so I have allowed for double that, and having private cover, I don't care if the sky's the limit, as long as the insurer coughs up, if ever I have to be admitted.

I agree that's about right. Standard room costs average around 5k/7k per night based on the type of hospital and its location.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Even before the Virus, a number of years back price per day even for a place like Bangkok/Pattaya for infection flu it was 10,000 a day, that was without insurance the room itself was 6000 baht everything is like Ala-Cart.

ICU, started at 30,000 baht a day so if it was the Virus containment look to the sky especially now that they past a law saying you can charge more to a foreigner even at public Thais hospital.

Glad I am in Chiang Mai ...

3 hours ago, wazzadg44 said:

Recently had 4 nights in hospital having chemo treatment. Private room in public hospital,all meals,wife can sleep on sofa bed,all meds and accessories,can take own food or use Black Canyon (yum )-total cost under 15,000 Baht.All very professional staff-excellent treatment. Have 2 more sessions to go then hope all is ok. I am self insured by the way.

where was that upcountry?

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Cost of hospital treatment?

How long is a piece of string? upto 25,000 Baht just for a test who's ripping who off here?

For your information: The test kit itself is around 600THB.

7 hours ago, sapson said:

According to a government directive, news link published here a week ago it was to be free for farangs, the ministers had signed off on the funds etc...............but the health service spokesperson said the funds hadnt arrived.

It's not free for all farangs, only those who are members of the social security system.

4 hours ago, tom in bangkok said:

The price depends on which hospital you go to. Check your insurance policy to see how much they'll pay. You have insurance right?

That's great but many insurance policies will cover your holiday - NOT an extended period of time in that country as you cannot get home and get sick. That could be a big problem when insurance policies cannot be cashed in for sick people who cannot get home

7 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Glad I am in Chiang Mai ...

That posters numbers are way wrong, average room cost in a private hospital is circa 5k/6k, ICU in a mid range is around 15K, 21k at the very top end hospital in BKK.

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My insurance company 'coughed up' Bht 25,000 last week for one night in ICU, but deducted Bht 800 for the medicines I took home. My cover is for £325,000. And the hospital told me that they put me in ICU because I did not have a family member with me????

Regarding the meds, they gave me 7 tablets @ Bht 88 each, I could buy 14 of them at the pharmacy for Bht 150.

Edited by stouricks

13 hours ago, stouricks said:

Just had one night in ICU at Bangkok/Phitsanulok Hospital. Bht 6000 and they let me have a pizza delivered.

Then you weren't in real ICU, if you got a pizza. Many of these Hospital have two units one for real cases as I call it that the price is half. If you were ordering pizza then you got ripped off staying in a ICU?