Flights leaving Thailand

superal

20 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Not any more. The PM announce today that all arrivals will be quarantined in the city of arrival for 14 days with the defence force being involved in ensuring people stay there. Enjoy your two weeks in Sydney.

Bet your peeved, you missed two weeks free all inclusive at the Perth Hilton!????????????

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Olmate said:

This afternoon the pm was asked in his press briefing about this, his response about the 20,000 or so Ozzie’s now stuck overseas,was very similar to yours. Guess you both know all of those folks personal situations or predicaments. It,s pretty similar to “I,m OK Jack.. stiff you”

Yes I'm ok thank you. I took personal responsibility. There is no excuse for any Aussie to be stuck overseas, with the exception of those stuck by border closures. As in the case of South America as I mentioned. Anyone in Thailand had plenty of warning and opportunities to leave. Perhaps too many have spent too long sucking on the nanny states teat and are now helpless.

Edited by emptypockets
Autospell fixed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Bet your peeved, you missed two weeks free all inclusive at the Perth Hilton!????????????

What on earth are you going on about? I flew out of Sydney the same day I landed and am now sitting comfortably on my patio at home in tropical Australia drinking a beer and reading Thaivisa forum. 14 days isolation is easy to do here watching the roos and parrots at dawn and dusk.

Why would I want to go to Perth?

Too cold and too many poms.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Not any more. The PM announce today that all arrivals will be quarantined in the city of arrival for 14 days with the defence force being involved in ensuring people stay there. Enjoy your two weeks in Sydney.

Who pays for the quarantine? Taxpayers? 

9 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Yes I'm ok thank you. I took personal responsibility. There is no excuse for any Aussie to be stuck overseas, with the exception of those stuck by border closures. As in the case of South America as I mentioned. Anyone in Thailand had plenty of warning and opportunities to leave. Perhaps too many have spent too long sucking on the nanny states teat and are now helpless.

There are plenty but your narrow mind can't see them

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChristianBlessing said:

The following day EVA announced that no international flights would be allowed to land or transit Taiwan. 

Just yesterday, the U.S. Ambassador to TH put out a mass message listing supposedly available flights from BKK to the U.S., and EVA 3-a-week flights from BKK to the U.S. via Taipei were among those he listed.

Gonna be kinda hard to use those flights, if what you say is correct about EVA having canceled all international flights transiting thru Taiwan. (All EVA flights between the U.S. and TH transit thru Taiwan).

https://www.evaair.com/en-th/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/2020-03-22-covid-19-taiwan-transit-news.html

EVA Air will suspend all international transit services via Taiwan starting from 00:00 Taipei Standard Time (GMT+8) on March 24 (Tuesday) until April 7.

In compliance with the latest instruction by Taiwan’s Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), EVA Air will suspend all international transit services via Taiwan starting from 00:00 Taipei Standard Time (GMT+8) on March 24 (Tuesday) until April 7.

EVA is cooperating with all authorities concerned to stop the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and will make necessary adjustments to its flight schedule based on the epidemic prevention policies and passenger demand.

For the latest information of EVA's flight schedule and related rules of ticket change or refund, passengers can visit EVA’s Coronavirus disease 2019 website at https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/2019-nCoV.html.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

53 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

What on earth are you going on about? I flew out of Sydney the same day I landed and am now sitting comfortably on my patio at home in tropical Australia drinking a beer and reading Thaivisa forum. 14 days isolation is easy to do here watching the roos and parrots at dawn and dusk.

Why would I want to go to Perth?

Too cold and too many poms.

Perth weather at the moment 27° feels like 29°. Not that cold imo. ????

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Olmate said:

Oz pm (for him no capitals) suggested Australians find way home commercially knowing full well it was a stup up brewing! National carrier shutting down, why have one if it can,t assist. Billions spent on economic /health package but zero on repatriation. Anyone heard from Oz Embassy?

Best thing to do is send an email to the Oz Embassy, details on their website. This will let them know you’re wanting repatriation and how to contact you when hopefully flights are arranged

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Are you another that’s posting form the safety of home then!

I wish, I’m stranded in Phetchabun, booked 3 flights with 3 airlines and all got cancelled. Now just hoping the government arrange some repatriation flights ASAP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mngmn said:

Why do people even user these online sites or worse still travel agents? Just go to the airlines web site.

Because they are invariably cheaper and I personally have never had an issue with one in fact on two occasions Travel Trolley went way beyond the call of duty for me good customer or otherwise

7 hours ago, superal said:

Thanks Jonathan for the link but what a mine field . How can Qatar Air justify charging 4 times the normal price in a time of global crisis and as for the British Embassy in BK what are they doing to help with repatriation of stranded tourists in Thailand ? 

Qatar flights quoted at 75 to 150k are first and business.there are flights to Europe around 16k

4 minutes ago, 0zr0cks said:

Best thing to do is send an email to the Oz Embassy, details on their website. This will let them know you’re wanting repatriation and how to contact you when hopefully flights are arranged

Thanks for the positive reply! ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Seems your missing the bar stool already, settle down. Some folk have obligations here, health issues, family to care for, unable to drop all that and desert the ship even, not merely pack the bags and bolt at a moments notice. I’m older than you so no I’m not in that generation you mention, cheers enjoy the cockatoos  n roos!

I'm 64 . How old are you?  No bars in the village we live in, in Isaan. Sorry to disappoint you. No health issues for me. Took my family (wife only. I wasn't that stupid to have kids in middle age. I had a vasectomy when it became clear I was entering a relationship......there's that personal responsibility thing again old mate)

There's a few black cockys around, noisy sods, but the parrots are really colourful.

Anything else needs clarification?

Happy to help.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 0zr0cks said:

I wish, I’m stranded in Phetchabun, booked 3 flights with 3 airlines and all got cancelled. Now just hoping the government arrange some repatriation flights ASAP

Similar,I have been searching since last week for a pal who has a visa issue, doesn’t travel well, sick rellies here and in Oz, now the Thai restrictions with check points. Cheers and by Scomo s response today I,d say he,s dead against the idea.He did however say on the topic that as a gov they do have a responsibility for its citizens overseas so I,d say it will happen. 

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Similar,I have been searching since last week for a pal who has a visa issue, doesn’t travel well, sick rellies here and in Oz, now the Thai restrictions with check points. Cheers and by Scomo s response today I,d say he,s dead against the idea.He did however say on the topic that as a gov they do have a responsibility for its citizens overseas so I,d say it will happen. 

It will. Just a matter of cost. Free or user pays.

Edited by emptypockets

11 minutes ago, 0zr0cks said:

You need to check first this...there are almost no direct flights to Australia so it is important you don't book a ticket via transit airport you are not allowed to pass through:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

I think it is currently OK to go via South Korea, Indonesia and the Philippines, but that can change any day.

If you are serious of going back, pack your bags and get a hotel close to Swampy, then every day go to the airline's counters and make them check if any available flight is proceeding before you pay. Don't book a flight more than 1-2 days ahead, as there is a very good chance it may get cancelled or transit restrictions imposed.

You are in way better position than me, all flights from/to India are stopped until April 14th.

• Like 1