I want the old world back!!

patongphil

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Its OK I dont go near dudes and am more worried about other viruses I can catch from the ladies.

It's actually about 50:50 on whether it's a virus or a bacterium.

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Not you OP.  But, all the hate, disdain, and negativity people have toward this place and its people.

Now, many wish they could return to it, and its normalcy.

Humans are interesting creatures..

The Thais are surely innocent and do not deserve being called-out for their misdeeds...

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

No, dude, dudes got danglers. Ladies dont. Thats the old world that will never change.

It's a brave new world. Some dudes got rid of their danglers. Watch out for big feet and Adams apples.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Any distrust of foreigners one may have found (I haven't really) will be a lot more obvious.

Good point. That will be the result of this virus in Thailand.

12 hours ago, johnray said:

Kids do play outside just not in America.

really? Then all my nephews etc are really in the house when I think they are out playing football?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

There's a military course where I live, and I get the impression the police don't want to mess with the army. Ridiculous anyway, I play by myself starting 6.30 am.

Got a call from my caddie last night. Grand Prix in Bo Phloi, Kanchanaburi has been closed until the end of April.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My kid's in the garden at this very minute.

Yeah its something called parenting. Put down the phone (my parents were turn off the TV) and go outside. Here. Have a football. First one who bleeds gets ice cream. 

Hope you and yours are OK bro!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I have to take a bottle of hand sanitiser with me just to use the ATM!

Didn;t you always wipe down the keys of those things and the pay machines in shops?

Avoid handrails on staircases,escalators elbows for lift buttons? Wipe down armrests/headrests and traytables on planes and trains?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, superatoz said:

yeah i miss walking into restaurants without wearing a mask , just now went to starbucks and all seats were removed . 

had to buy home , passed kfc  , they closed all seatings only takeaways allowed . 

even going into a lift im worried on pressing buttons with bare hands 

I saw a pinboard with toothpicks in the hospital elevator , so can use the toothpick to push the button ????

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Drink more beer (or whiskey) while alone (my kids are upstairs watching Youtube).

It works for me ...... can hardly type.

Nah....late brother did that, it got the better of him at 49, that said I now off to buy me a bottle of Vodka for my nite caps which are usually a double dose these days...lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Same here, I finished school two weeks ago and I've got the feeling that the ceiling will fall on me if I stay much longer.

All swimming pools closed, you can buy a beer and drink it at home and restaurants only sell to go.

I wish it was like last year. And nobody knows how long that will be the case. 

Good time to be doing some exercise if you are capable to get yourself in shape and upping your immune system with some good food/nutrients just in case Corona does knock on your door, hopefully not.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Nah....late brother did that, it got the better of him at 49, that said I now off to buy me a bottle of Vodka for my nite caps which are usually a double dose these days...lol

I just panic bought 2 bottles of Hong Thong Rum.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

It would be nice that the ones who complain the most here will have a bit of an eye opener when things get back to normal and calm down the constant Thailand is horrible stream of invectives. We all know Thailand isn't perfect just as every other country but the constant negative post about every aspect of Thai life and the people gets old and makes the posters look more the fools than anything else.

Agreed.

I would suggest that some of the more hysterical thaivisa citizens be given a two week quarrantine.

The hysteria, paranoia and sheer misery of some of the more prolific posters is as insidious as the virus itself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

The hysteria, paranoia and sheer misery of some of the more prolific posters is as insidious as the virus itself.

No misery here ...... sun is shining, kids are running around, misses is outside in a hammock between 2 mango trees.

Just finished watering the plants ......... listening to ......... top Hindi 2019.

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No misery here ...... sun is shining, kids are running around, misses is outside in a hammock between 2 mango trees.

Just finished watering the plants ......... listening to ......... top Hindi 2019.

One could only hope others on here were similar, stress reduces immunity.

I wish them luck, but thaivisa has quickly lost its usefulness as a source of useful information alternate news and descended into being an outlet for the anxiety of its posters. 

Definitely time to step back from the board, but it is like watching a car crash or a building on fire.

Edited by metempsychotic
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Agreed.

I would suggest that some of the more hysterical thaivisa citizens be given a two week quarrantine.

Right. Permanent quarantine. But not gonna happen as bashing Thais and trolling Thailand create so many page views among the lower orders. Even the news writers are in on the game and mistranslate or slant things accordingly.

Will be less after thing get more back to normal. So many old farts are now really stuck to their keyboards ranting and calling out all the "fools." Also, fewer gov't announcements then to stir 'em up, so the focus will return to bashing TAT.

But we'll always have a lot cr@p to wade through.   

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

There's a military course where I live, and I get the impression the police don't want to mess with the army. Ridiculous anyway, I play by myself starting 6.30 am.

And then you go to golf? You must be really missing the conjugal visits.