Passport

Kwasaki

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

There no official notices posted, but I spoke with the Thaipost and they tell me all services are operating but may be slightly slower due to reduced numbers of aircraft for the mail.

That sounds much mote logical and reasonable than a members post on another thread yesterday claiming that he was advised by his PO that all mail to the US would be by surface mail as there are no more flights. Thus are rumors spun.

Mail services may also be shifted to cargo-only and courier flights and I haven't read about any restrictions on them (yet).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That sounds much mote logical and reasonable than a members post on another thread yesterday claiming that he was advised by his PO that all mail to the US would be by surface mail as there are no more flights. Thus are rumors spun.

Mail services may also be shifted to cargo-only and courier flights and I haven't read about any restrictions on them (yet).

Yes, which is why that other topic was closed and a notice posted as per the above.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yeah the reason for my post because I have just over a 2 month time frame to get my passport back.

Thanks everyone. ????

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah the reason for my post because I have just over a 2 month time frame to get my passport back.

Thanks everyone. ????

Are you saying that you re-newed your passport at Trendy, and are now in UK waiting for THai EMS to post it to you?

4 hours ago, stouricks said:

Are you saying that you re-newed your passport at Trendy, and are now in UK waiting for THai EMS to post it to you?

No, I live in Thailand but still a British citizen and an agency said 4-5 weeks on return of new UK passport.

• Like 1

VFS Passport renewal services have been suspended from Monday 30th March. Any passports awaiting collection must be collected by Tuesday 31st March.

VFS state that any passports in the pipeline will be dealt with once they reopen.

This will be of no use to those who have submitted applications for new passports which will not come back. Many passports are due to expire whilst others are full. In both cases visa extensions will not be possible.

It is to be hoped that HMPO UK can send the new passports direct to the customers, rather than the normal channel via VFS. Even if they were delivered direct to the British Embassy, many especially those living far from Bangkok, would not be able to travel to Bangkok to collect them.

Edited by prakhonchai nick

I applied for renewing my passport online and I had no opportunity to even get a new photo, had to use my old one and crop it via https://passport-photo-software.com/ , I just hope it will arrive in time! This Corona situation affects so many spheres, I just can't :(

8 minutes ago, Annet said:

I applied for renewing my passport online and I had no opportunity to even get a new photo, had to use my old one and crop it via https://passport-photo-software.com/ , I just hope it will arrive in time! This Corona situation affects so many spheres, I just can't ????

You can take your own photo using a camera and upload that , as long as it conforms to the strict requirement rules

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

It is to be hoped that HMPO UK can send the new passports direct to the customers, rather than the normal channel via VFS.

The old passport needs to invalidated by them cutting the corner off before they can give you the new one , thats what they dont post them directly 

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

One can only assume you applied from the UK. Applications from thailand had to be done via VFS

I am using Key Visa Co. Ltd. 

I guess whoever or however they renew UK passports I expect there maybe some delay due to the present crisis.

I've got a max of 70 days until my next 1 year marriage extension and for the return of a renewed passport.

I have spoken with Suk imm and they said they will give me 30 days extensions during the present situation if my passport is delayed.  

My UK Passport expires at the end of this year. I worked out that the extra fees charged and costs incurred by using VFS will more than double the nominal price of a new passport..  I therefore intend to apply on line using my brother's address in Glasgow for him to send on to me.

Is this legal? Can I send my expiring passport direct back to the Passport Office or would I have to send it via my brother? I expect the whoe process to take one month which is not bmuch longer than VFS.

5 hours ago, Maybole said:

My UK Passport expires at the end of this year. I worked out that the extra fees charged and costs incurred by using VFS will more than double the nominal price of a new passport..  I therefore intend to apply on line using my brother's address in Glasgow for him to send on to me.

Is this legal? Can I send my expiring passport direct back to the Passport Office or would I have to send it via my brother? I expect the whoe process to take one month which is not bmuch longer than VFS.

Up to you, I use Key visa and don't have to go out of my area, paying UK renewable passport by credit card Visa and the 5000 bht smackers to Key visa lovely jubbly no worries.

6 hours ago, Maybole said:

Do you feel comfortable being without your passport for a month or longer during this troubled time?

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NigelKennedy said:

Anybody know what happens with Non O visa if cannot renew passport.

You can renew your UK passport I can only say what's happened in my case during ww3 C19.

If you have 18 months left on your passport at time of applying for 1 year extension your OK until you renew passport.

I sent off for a new passport in March, need it for June 2nd to renew my 1 year marriage extension on my existing Non O visa.

The agent informed me of being a hold up because of UK post office but has told me they are back in normal business for over a week now.

I went to my immigration office and they said they will keep giving me 30 day extension till my new passport arrives.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2020 at 1:38 PM, Maybole said:

No.

It has been covered before and I have seen a response from UKPO that says you are making a false declaration by trying to apply that way. 

You also understand that if anyone at UKPO is sharp enough they will see that you are stamped into Thailand and not stamped out....................... that could open a can of worms.

That said, I know people who have done it......... but, no, it is not 'legal'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

That said, I know people who have done it......... but, no, it is not 'legal'.

Yeah new passport is important and trying to save £125 squid every 10 years by using an agent in Thailand is downright stupid IMHO.