Airlines still offering flights from Thailand to the UK as of 28 March

Airlines still offering flights from Thailand to the UK as of 28 March

90293438_3849135588460146_62955488719048

The British Embassy in Bangkok has released details on airlines still offering flights from Thailand to the UK as of 14:00 28 March 2020.

???? As of 28 March, the following airlines still offer flights from Thailand to the UK. As the situation changes very rapidly, please confirm the status of your flight with the airline.

Although most of the flights are fully booked, there is a chance for passengers to stand by at the airport as seats are usually available due to no shows. Please notify the check-in staff at least 2 hours before the counter closes so that you have sufficient time to get the tickets issued.

????Airlines with direct flights to the UK:

✈️ Thai Airways
All European flights including flights to the UK are cancelled effective ‪1 April until 31 May. Flights are overbooked. There will chance for standby passengers in case of no shows.

www.thaiairways.com/
Contact number: ‪‪‪+66 2-356-1111, ‪‫‪+66 2-356-1122, ‪‫‪+66 ‪2-137-4605

✈️ EVA Air
No flights operate today. The next flight is BR67 (BKK-LHR) scheduled to depart at 1230 hrs on Sunday 29 March.
www.evaair.com
Contact numbers: ‪‪‪+66 2-302-7288, ‪‫‪+66 ‪2-134-2521-5

✈️ British Airways
Flight to London Heathrow Airport operates today with a good chance of getting flights for standby passengers due to previous numbers of no shows. The last flight will be ‪on 29 March with limited seats available.
www.britishairways.com
Contact numbers: ‪‫‪+66 2-1342201-8

????Airlines with non-direct flights to the UK:

✈️ Finnair
All flights are fully booked today, but high chance for standby passengers. The next flight is AY144 departing at 2305 hrs from BKK-HEL tonight. A connecting flight would be AY337 from HEL-LHR tomorrow at 1600 hrs. The last flight from Bangkok to Helsinki will be ‪‪on 1 April 2020. Some flights from Helsinki to London or Manchester will be reduced.
www.finnair.com
Contact number: ‪‫‪+66 ‪2 134 2431-2

✈️ KLM
There is no flights available in March. They will operate 2 flights per week from Bangkok to Amsterdam from Monday 30 March. For onward transfer to the UK, there are many flights with KLM to larger airports and KLM Cityhopper to regional airports.

www.klm.com

Contact number: +66 2-6100800

✈️ Oman
The flight from Bangkok to Muscat is cancelled on 27 March. All passenger services to and from Muscat will be suspended ‪starting 12 noon, 29 March 2020.
www.omanair.com
Contact numbers: ‪‫‪+66 2-6351222

✈️ Qatar Airways
All flights are overbooked today with possibility of no shows. 3 flights to Doha (QR837, QR831 and QR981) operate tomorrow with limited seats available. Standby spaces are only available to passengers who already hold previously issued Qatar air tickets and who would like to standby for those flights.

www.qatarairways.com
Contact numbers: ‪‪‪+66 2-1341021-23, ‪‫‪+66 2-6180499, ‪‫‪+66 ‪‪2-134-3517-8

????Domestic flights:

✈️Air Asia
Operates as normal but check entry restrictions at arrival airports before you fly.

Phuket to Don Mueang : 6 flights per days.
Phuket to Singapore : 1 flight, 9.45 daily
Phuket to Hong Kong: 1 flight, 16.00 Monday, Wed, Fri, Sun

????Thai Air Asia will suspend operations on all domestic routes from 1-30 April.

️Please note that this information is correct at the time of publication. The operational situation changes hourly. We will continue to update our #TravelAdvice for #Thailand. Check our page https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/ regularly and sign-up to email alerts.

20 hours ago, pj123 said:

Korean Air have flights to London via Seoul tomorrow

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 17.05.29.png

OK with a stop in a hotel in Seoul. Usually 4 hours is the longest layover that I want, I always check that when booking, especially on cheap flights.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, pj123 said:

Korean Air have flights to London via Seoul tomorrow

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 17.05.29.png

I would suggest people trying to book flights home sign up (free for 30 days) or purchase access (cheap) to Experflyer.com.

I have been a member for 3 years - its great for picking flights that are not too full, seat availability, number of upgrades available etc.

A lot of Airlines are overbooking right now - and even though they let you book a flight online, the flight is suddenly changed 3 hours later to cancelled and you find yourself channeled onto a later flight.

I just did a quick check of Korean Air for tomorrow and this shows all classes of seats have zero availability:

Korean Air.PNG

2 minutes ago, iaminwa said:

I would suggest people trying to book flights home sign up (free for 30 days) or purchase access (cheap) to Experflyer.com.

I have been a member for 3 years - its great for picking flights that are not too full, seat availability, number of upgrades available etc.

A lot of Airlines are overbooking right now - and even though they let you book a flight online, the flight is suddenly changed 3 hours later to cancelled and you find yourself channeled onto a later flight.

I just did a quick check of Korean Air for tomorrow and this shows all classes of seats have zero availability:

Korean Air.PNG

I flew back BKK-LHR on Friday, Eva Air, it looked like every seat on the B777 was taken.

I changed my ticket 2 weeks ago to come back 11 days earlier than planned after I saw reports that airports could be closed in the UK.

Eva Air 68/67 now operates TPE-BKK-LHR-TPE instead of stopping in BKK on the return journey, I think due to almost no foreigners being allowed to enter Thailand.

I'd guess about three days ago the US embassy sent a letter with the flights still available to the US for different airlines. I didn't pay much attention to it because I'm tied down here now. You probably can find that somewhere on one of their online connections like Facebook or Twitter. Last flights out?

4 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I flew back BKK-LHR on Friday, Eva Air, it looked like every seat on the B777 was taken.

I changed my ticket 2 weeks ago to come back 11 days earlier than planned after I saw reports that airports could be closed in the UK.

Eva Air 68/67 now operates TPE-BKK-LHR-TPE instead of stopping in BKK on the return journey, I think due to almost no foreigners being allowed to enter Thailand.

Handy to know Andrew. Interesting routing.

Seems EVA has some seats in Economy and Business in the next 2 days, different routing on efferent days (handy if some people trying to get to Amsterdam or Paris and then onto London)

1876985737_EVA30.thumb.PNG.7f12195cad218ee14c6bb0a394b2a795.PNG

EVA 31.PNG

21 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Phuket to Singapore : 1 flight, 9.45 daily
Phuket to Hong Kong: 1 flight, 16.00 Monday, Wed, Fri, Sun

Both Singapore and Hong Kong not letting tourists in now...

Singapore will not let foreigners transit either...

• Like 1

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

Both Singapore and Hong Kong not letting tourists in now...

Singapore will not let foreigners transit either...

No transit allowed at Taipei either, an American friend had to book another flight through Tokyo last week, original flight being BKK-TPE- Seattle.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

On 1/25/2020 at 2:18 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

The only difference is you need a short letter from your wife requesting they issue you a visa and the $200 fee for the visa.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:54 AM, ubonjoe said:

The 2 days is the day you apply and the next afternoon when you pick it up.

On the KA website this morning there was no availability for Monday but there were seats available for today and Tuesday