COVID-19: Immigration proposes extending visas for people stranded in Thailand to 30 June 2020

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If you came in on a TV or Visa Exempt it seems likely.

This makes me so nervous. All "rules" seem to be undercut by the next "rule", one after another. Unless I have something in writing—that CONNOT be disputed by an uninformed immigration officer having a bad day—I can't assume any amnesty by word of mouth.

36 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

That would mean sharing crowded spaces for nearly 24 hours. Some people (especially if older) may have decided the risk is too great. 

True enough, and the alternative was immigration!!!

Hi Guys, can u pls help - my tourist visa expiry on 3April. Can i go on 3April or better go tomorrow? I see almost everyone going at 5am to the temporary immigration which is not far from chaengwattana immigration.

Saw this video today ... OMG

- its F....g terrible and im scary to go there,,, so crowded ... how come government not doing anything to make it easier .... ffff....      : (

Hoping that will be official respond from government that we dont have to go immigration these days. OMG i sa

I went to the immigration in Kamphaeng Phet today and this is what happend:

I came in on a 30 day tourist visa on the 13th of March and became a father on the 16th.

I was offered 3 options:

Extend my tourist visa for 30 days

Get 60 day parent extension

Or get 30 day Covid-19 extension

I decided to go with 30 day tourist extension first, because if I go with the 60 day parent extension, then I would not be able to do the 30 day tourist extension afterwards.

when I have used my tourist and parent extension then I can use the Covid-19 extension, if there’s still a problem with that at that time.

Only 2-3 other people at the office so everything went nice and smoothly ????

2 hours ago, Zikomat said:

I personally came to Thailand on 27 of December on 2 month tourist visa which I extended for one more month in the end of February. Why people like me are refused an automatic extension? Because, according to the government official, we are not the part of the majority cases? This is an absurd.

It could be because you have had plenty of time to get on a flight out of Thailand before the expiration of your current permission to stay and therefore have no genuine necessity for an additional extension due to the Covid-19 situation.

Incidentally, are you not already on overstay?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't mean to direct this at you or be a smart-ass in any way, but it is as if they are either saying you should have gone home while you could, or had the right type of visa!

same situation....... ffff... came here on 5th Jan... did already 30 days extension until 3rd Aprilll and then what? no automatic extension ffff... how come... 

dont want to go to that overcrowded temporary immigration.......... so f...g sad

5 minutes ago, iska said:

same situation....... ffff... came here on 5th Jan... did already 30 days extension until 3rd Aprilll and then what? no automatic extension ffff... how come... 

dont want to go to that overcrowded temporary immigration.......... so f...g sad

You should be able to get the extra extension via the embassy and leave during that time 

2 minutes ago, iska said:

True Thai authorities have been useless.

On other hand all were advised by their governments to return home NOW.

I was at Saigon airport March 16 when flights were cancelled to Singapore as that night 14 day isolation was introduced. 

I said to myself....anyone in Thailand GET OUT NOW. I had to go back to Vietnam week later. In that time Vietnam closed borders. I had a multi tourist to Nam.

So to the point....why didn't you go home?

Depending on country you maybe still can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

True Thai authorities have been useless.

On other hand all were advised by their governments to return home NOW.

I was at Saigon airport March 16 when flights were cancelled to Singapore as that night 14 day isolation was introduced. 

I said to myself....anyone in Thailand GET OUT NOW. I had to go back to Vietnam week later. In that time Vietnam closed borders. I had a multi tourist to Nam.

So to the point....why didn't you go home?

Depending on country you maybe still can.

no brother, couldnt go .. our country (turkmenistan) closed even earlier around beginning Feb.. by that time i didnt even know that it closed border and flight canceled ...

is there any other way not to go to that crowded immigration? 

4 minutes ago, iska said:

no brother, couldnt go .. our country (turkmenistan) closed even earlier around beginning Feb.. by that time i didnt even know that it closed border and flight canceled ...

No you will need attend crowded imm.

Many folk, myself #1 think only about main countries such as UK, USA, Au etc.

Some smaller countries get swept away.

Seems you also need many docs.

If it's first extension then maybe straight forward. I hate trouble busy @ubonjoe

But thinking he your best advice.

18 minutes ago, iska said:

If you're not already due, wait a few days and you could find the rules change again so no visit is necesssary.

Do you guys know if bringing the owner to imm is necessary? In the list of requirements, it says that but I asked the agent I rented from (not condo management) and she said the owner is not in thailand.

I have all other docs ready.

On 3/31/2020 at 2:04 PM, MagnumForce said:

What if one is renting a house, mate? Are you living with your wife/partner in her house?

You just created a debate (argument) about the Blue Book with my "Thai Secretary".

The "Blue Book" is supposedly a book of the registered owner and occupants of the house.

My Thai secretary is the owner of the house and has physical possession of the blue book so it was no problem.

So I asked the Thai secretary, what would happen (your situation) if you were renting and your farang boyfriend was living with you.

Would you have a Blue Book?

She said no. 

I confirmed that with her because when she was living in Bangkok renting a condo, she said of course she did not have a Blue Book for that condo, that would be in the possession of the Landlord / Owner.

So I asked her what would be the situation for you.

She said that you would have to say that you were living at the address your girlfriend is registered in The Blue Book.

I said but that could be in a different province and therefore he would have to travel to the immigration office in that province.

She said: correct.

I said but what happened if immigration later turned up to check and discovered he wasn't there.

She said: bad luck.

Immigration actually screwed up because they asked for my Yellow Book that shows I am resident in Thailand at  specific address that would appear to be pretty dumb when I was extending a travel visa extension so not likely.

Hence the immigration came up with needing the "Blue Book".

Perhaps in your situation, she could take her rental contract and invoices for rent from the landlord and maybe a letter from the landlord confirming that she is a tenant at that address.

Good Luck

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cashboy said:

You just created a debate (argument) about the Blue Book with my "Thai Secretary".

The "Blue Book" is supposedly a book of the registered owner and occupants of the house.

My Thai secretary is the owner of the house and has physical possession of the blue book so it was no problem.

So I asked the Thai secretary, what would happen (your situation) if you were renting and your farang boyfriend was living with you.

Would you have a Blue Book?

She said no. 

I confirmed that with her because when she was living in Bangkok renting a condo, she said of course she did not have a Blue Book for that condo, that would be in the possession of the Landlord / Owner.

So I asked her what would be the situation for you.

She said that you would have to say that you were living at the address your girlfriend is registered in The Blue Book.

I said but that could be in a different province and therefore he would have to travel to the immigration office in that province.

She said: correct.

I said but what happened if immigration later turned up to check and discovered he wasn't there.

She said: bad luck.

Immigration actually screwed up because they asked for my Yellow Book that shows I am resident in Thailand at  specific address that would appear to be pretty dumb when I was extending a travel visa extension so not likely.

Hence the immigration came up with needing the "Blue Book".

Perhaps in your situation, she could take her rental contract and invoices for rent from the landlord and maybe a letter from the landlord confirming that she is a tenant at that address.

Good Luck

Thanks, Cashboy. Hope you kissed and made up after the debate (argument).????

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cashboy said:

The blue book doesn't show ownership

15 minutes ago, Cashboy said:

Just because she and the landlord are not following the law, which says Thais have to be registered where they are living (the law is unenforced though).

17 hours ago, treetops said:

If you're not already due, wait a few days and you could find the rules change again so no visit is necesssary.

This is a bold statement, but if you have enough experience in TH, it is possible. After what I've read here so I'm not so sure. Had been waiting for the new announcement, hoping to get an easier solution. That was a handle .... in the toilet !!!!!
I received a letter from the German embassy and already wanted to go to the IMMI. Then I heard about the "new" regulation from the government. Postponed visit to the IMMI for now. I still have time until April 10th. What is the best way at the moment? I think I will wait until next week.

• Like 2

I was holding out for a more pervasive and functional amnesty also. I have just registered with my embassy for assistance to return home. I have been here since 1991. I founded two companies, invested a little under 20 million baht between the two and my living expenses over that time. Not a lot, but not a little. My latest company folder 5 years ago, but I am on the verge of forming a new one.

The change in process between reporting at the border for visas issued outside of Thailand and the process for visas issued domestically has left me unable to comply and unable to travel to remedy the situation. I have the additional required doc, but they are considered out of date by the officials. My wife or I would need to travel to get new docs and travel is not plausible; getting back in requires medical certs that are effectively impossible to get.

So I am resigned to the fact that my tenure here is over for some while to come and that I am leaving my wife to cope on her own. 

I will not allow myself to join the chorus of people chanting that Thais just want non-Thai and non-Chinese out, but it is very hard to see what purpose this squeezing supports. What benefit arises from it? What national security issues are solved? What problems are fixed that are not replaced by others? The long-term overstayers are buried deeper than ticks - that will not change. Those who are complaint by one method, and not by another are being screwed over royally...

2 minutes ago, Detty said:

This is a bold statement, but if you have enough experience in TH, it is possible. After what I've read here so I'm not so sure. Had been waiting for the new announcement, hoping to get an easier solution. That was a handle .... in the toilet !!!!!
I received a letter from the German embassy and already wanted to go to the IMMI. Then I heard about the "new" regulation from the government. Postponed visit to the IMMI for now. I still have time until April 10th. What is the best way at the moment? I think I will wait until next week.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Quick question for those that've done a 2nd extension. I'm going to be doing mine tomorrow. I just wanted to double check that I have all the right documents for 2nd extension for Tourist visa. This will be done here in Bangkok

- TM7 filled form and photocopy 

- 2x Passport photos
- 2 copies of Passport ID Page, 2 copies of Visa & entry stamp page, 2 copies of TM6 card

- Embassy letter printed and copy of it 

Did I miss anything? Please let me know just so I don't get turned away at 5am 

12 minutes ago, samisaurus said:

Quick question for those that've done a 2nd extension. I'm going to be doing mine tomorrow. I just wanted to double check that I have all the right documents for 2nd extension for Tourist visa. This will be done here in Bangkok

- TM7 filled form and photocopy 

- 2x Passport photos
- 2 copies of Passport ID Page, 2 copies of Visa & entry stamp page, 2 copies of TM6 card

- Embassy letter printed and copy of it 

Did I miss anything? Please let me know just so I don't get turned away at 5am 

From my understanding, your list is good. I HOPE so, because I will make the same trip tomorrow with the same visa situation! Supposedly, if you've entered on a TV before March 1, you just follow the regular procedure for a visa extension.

Will you go to the regular office at Chaeng Watthana? or go directly to the area they've set up nearby at Muang Thong Thani? (And if so, how will you get there?)

Edited by allencraig
Wanted to add some info.

11 minutes ago, allencraig said:

From my understanding, your list is good. I HOPE so, because I will make the same trip tomorrow with the same visa situation! Supposedly, if you've entered on a TV before March 1, you just follow the regular procedure for a visa extension.

Will you go to the regular office at Chaeng Watthana? or go directly to the area they've set up nearby at Muang Thong Thani? (And if so, how will you get there?)

I'll be heading to Muang Thong Thani, that's where Tourist visa extensions are from my understand. 

5am taking BTS to Mo Chit, then doing Grab Car lol. No other way I guess. Definitely want to be there early, so i dont get turned away after the first 1000 visitors. Just wanna get this done ahha. 

Edited by samisaurus

I went to chonburi immigration and they told me I have to promise 2 copies of Google map of where I live.

This is not in the list of required documents. I told the agent this, she said don't look at that paper they changed and I should know that I need map also.

Anyway I came at 8am but still they told be have to come back at 12:30.

After this I get queue number but then the officer told me, blue book is not enough.

You also need house title deed and letter from the condo management. He said come back tomorrow and pay overstay fine.

Condo management can print this for me but they want rental agreement which my agent have to get it for me and the title house deed.

Condo management charges 300 also for this and can't send online so have to go tomorrow unfortunately.

I saw a few others rejected coz of these documents.

Anyway why the first officers who check for these, not flag this? I would have at least 4 hours to sort it out. He actually told me I have everything I need.

Another day of hell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, timoti said:

I went to chonburi immigration and they told me I have to promise 2 copies of Google map of where I live.

This is not in the list of required documents. I told the agent this, she said don't look at that paper they changed and I should know that I need map also.

Anyway I came at 8am but still they told be have to come back at 12:30.

After this I get queue number but then the officer told me, blue book is not enough.

You also need house title deed and letter from the condo management. He said come back tomorrow and pay overstay fine.

Condo management can print this for me but they want rental agreement which my agent have to get it for me and the title house deed.

Condo management charges 300 also for this and can't send online so have to go tomorrow unfortunately.

I saw a few others rejected coz of these documents.

Anyway why the first officers who check for these, not flag this? I would have at least 4 hours to sort it out. He actually told me I have everything I need.

Another day of hell.

All of these things for what kind of visa/extension, Timoti? ????

39 minutes ago, timoti said:

Just regular tourist visa

Just to be 100% sure, are you talking about:

(a) a first 30 day extension to a 30-day visa exempt stamp;

or

(b) a second special Covid-19 30 day extension to a 30-day visa exempt stamp;

or

(c) a 30 day extension to a 60-day tourist visa which you obtained at a Thai Embassy or Consulate outside of Thailand?

26 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

or

or

(c) a 30 day extension to a 60-day tourist visa which you obtained at a Thai Embassy or Consulate outside of Thailand?

(D) a second extension to a 60 day tourist visa and the first 30 day extension

most probably it is ‘b’ or ‘d’.

Edited by Zikomat

32 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

or

or

B. I extended one time in pattaya for 30 days before covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1