How to sell my car without workpermit

Just now, fredob43 said:

On both occasions I have never been asked for Residence Certificate. Only registration book. 

It depends on which province you live in as to whether they require a certificate from the seller or not..please let us know your province.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johng said:

It depends on which province you live in as to whether they require a certificate from the seller or not..please let us know your province.

Yep, when I sold my truck they wanted a copy of my visa and yellow book page......

5 minutes ago, johng said:

First car Vigo from Toyota kamphaeng Phet. Second one Fortuner from Toyota out of my province Utai Thani.

I sold my Vigo to a friend who lives in Phetchabun he did the change of name in K.P.Phet DTL. With only a bill of sale. And Car book also without me attending.

Edited by fredob43

2 hours ago, thaidreaming said:

my name..

You don't need a work permit to get proof of address. Your embassy can do that, or the people your renting from or staying with, you must be registered at some address at present in Thailand. Even if it's a hotel.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2020 at 8:01 AM, VYCM said:

I have bought and sold many cars and bikes on a tourist visa over the years

Where? Bangkok?

I still have problem with that. 

I cant get resident certificare from Immigration (I don't have 1yr visa). I cant get from embassy (they cannot do that with tourist visa).

Do you know an agency that can help me with this in bkk?

13 minutes ago, thaidreaming said:

I cant get resident certificare from Immigration (I don't have 1yr visa).

Did you double check that with immigration? I think they might issue a residence certificate based on different criteria depending on what it's for.

For example, many people are able to purchase a car and to register it you do need a certificate of residence. There are lots of people who only come on tourist visas yet they have cars at their second (winter) homes.

If you explain why you want the certificate they might issue one as they know it's a requirement but that would depend on which province you're located in I guess.

Edited by ukrules

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Did you double check that with immigration? I think they might issue a residence certificate based on different criteria depending on what it's for.

For example, many people are able to purchase a car and to register it you do need a certificate of residence. There are lots of people who only come on tourist visas yet they have cars at their second (winter) homes.

If you explain why you want the certificate they might issue one as they know it's a requirement but that would depend on which province you're located in I guess.

I went directly in Bkk immigration asking for a residence certificate. It's not possible without 1yr visa there.. ????

I've sold numerous Cars (in Bangkok) over the past 20 years or so, most recently about 2 years ago, I have also sold a motorbike, about 12 months ago.

On each of these occasions I have not needed to provide proof of address, the last two sales (motorcycle and car) after receiving the money I didn't go to the DLT instead provding a Power of Attourney document for the sale.

Thus: Not only is an Affirmation of Residence document not required by the seller, he doesn't need to be present at the DLT

This is in Bangkok, I've no experiene of the requirements outside of Bangkok but find the DLT to be a lot more consistent than the Amphur offices etc in their policies.

Thus: OP: Try it first. If that fails, then you may need to go to your local Consulate / Embassy to secure an Affirmation Of residence document (which is about 2500 baht at the British Consular section in Bangkok).

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

If taking OWNERSHIP of a vehicle you need proof of address. Citizens of 'most' nationalities can get an Affirmation of Residence letter from their Embassy (if they can't get a similar letter from Immigration).

However, all this is beside the point. Unless there is a 'province related' variation on the regulations Affirmation of Residence is not required to sell a vehicle.

(it may have been asked for by someone inexperienced person in the DLT attempting to 'dot their t's and cross their i's' unaware of their flaw - but it still not a requirement).

5 hours ago, thaidreaming said:

Where? Bangkok?

I still have problem with that. 

I cant get resident certificare from Immigration (I don't have 1yr visa). I cant get from embassy (they cannot do that with tourist visa).

Do you know an agency that can help me with this in bkk?

I'm lost for words.

So sorry you are struggling.

This is a money earner for Thailand, tourists buying vehicles, it's a win win for the Thais.

I never thought they would deny a CofR.

I hope you can get one, never been an issue for me back in the day. 

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've sold numerous Cars (in Bangkok) over the past 20 years or so, most recently about 2 years ago, I have also sold a motorbike, about 12 months ago.

On each of these occasions I have not needed to provide proof of address, the last two sales (motorcycle and car) after receiving the money I didn't go to the DLT instead provding a Power of Attourney document for the sale.

Thus: Not only is an Affirmation of Residence document not required by the seller, he doesn't need to be present at the DLT

This is in Bangkok, I've no experiene of the requirements outside of Bangkok but find the DLT to be a lot more consistent than the Amphur offices etc in their policies.

Thus: OP: Try it first. If that fails, then you may need to go to your local Consulate / Embassy to secure an Affirmation Of residence document (which is about 2500 baht at the British Consular section in Bangkok).

It's funny that all car dealers that I contacted asked me for a valid resident certificate by embassy or immigration (condo owner certificate is not valid).

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2020 at 8:42 PM, thaidreaming said:

It's funny that all car dealers that I contacted asked me for a valid resident certificate by embassy or immigration (condo owner certificate is not valid).

Any luck ? I got the same issue, I got buyers lined up but nobody wants to take it without the residence certificate from my side.