Thais in Pattaya not Taking Serious

baansgr

They came to spray our soi, man in a hazmat suit and a few others, Mrs lined them up shoulder to shoulder outside our gate for a photo op with the usual thumbs up or peace signs. I shouted at them to get apart but water off a ducks back, they were probably more likely spreading it than stopping it. I would not let them into our house, only for show, quick spray in the lounges is not going to do anything.

Edited by britanicus

20 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Why should anyone smile at such stupid behaviour?

A smile is a reflection of my inner peace, not necessarily to project acceptance for boorish behavior. When I ask "why", the answer usually is one I don't like.

19 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Wouldn't have an issue with that except the majority of comments seem to always reek of thinly veiled racism, what's funny is that those who feel they're from 'better countries' are sadly awakening to the fact that they're not any better and in some cases worse -  for their governments care more about money than lives. This is being proven out day after day but I'm still reading moronic comments from those who falsely believe they are superior lol..

There is a thin veil over this racism?  Must be so thin I couldn't see it.

1 hour ago, fred110 said:

I still see plenty of white guys sitting together eating and drinking, no masks of course. Groups of 4 or more.

Are you suggesting they should manufacture mask with a flap to allow the passage of the neck of a beer bottle and food!

I can understand Anutin's prejudice.
Walked up Pattaya Beach Road at around 6pm yesterday. On the steps in front of Mikes were crowds of Falangs with bottles of beer playing music and shouting to get heard above the din. .
Amongst the Falangs were a few girls, no one was social distancing. It wasn't a pretty sight.
What Anutin does not see are the responsible Falangs who keep themselves to themselves.

I just had a funny thought.

For as long as I can remember, the Thai girls are asking 3 questions to all the Farangs.

What's your name, where do you come from, how long you stay? Singled out! But no, not racism.

Everybody love it, young girls interested in me old fart, ego gets a fat boost

... even with knowledge of there must be something else (ATM) in the back of mind.

Now, Thai's are asking the exact same questions ... because they read Europe & US are heavily infected, and are worried 

... but now suddenly it's racism.

Come on! ????

ps. Take this post with a grain of salt, not too serious

Edited by RedPill

It's good to see Thais (and Americans and Europeans) poking a bit of good natured fun at the social distancing hysterics who wear masks, when every doctor says it's wholly unnecessary, who insist on 2 m "social distance", when an MIT study makes clear you need to be 8 m apart to evade droplet clouds, which survive in the air for considerable time.

To behave as if wearing masks or keeping 2 m distance would somehow protect you is like buying an amulet for protection. No difference. Both are based on belief, not solid scientific data.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I believe Thailand is starting to learn that all that open tourism is just not worth it in the long run, better to just tighten the immigration vices till all the low lifes are forced out. If the world recovers, that's the direction the country will be heading imo..

I disagree.

TAT wanted it ALL.  Families, couples, singles, package holiday makers, backpackers, sex tourists, high end, low end,  etc.

When all this is finished, they will still want it ALL, plus whoever will listen. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you decide to live here?

Personally I am happy in Thailand. Obviously nothing is perfect. And it's also not perfect back "home".

I.e. on some days I want to have a tank and roll over all those idiot drivers.

But on the next day I am more relaxed and just accept that this is how it is.

It seems in the moment more and more people are not relaxed anymore and overreact. And I am pretty sure it will get worse.

What can we do about it? Nothing! I think best we can do it try to take it easy even if sometimes we don't feel like it.

Because the alternative is to escalate the situation. And that is definitely not a good idea.

I will accept  almost any behaviour from Thais, but one thing I will not accept is queue jumping or butting in when I am talking to someone.

let's not focus on thais, similar non adherence to social distancing, by the ignorant few, is happening in the uk. let's blame 'people'

also i have a friend stuck in pattaya and continuing to have girls visit him in his hotel... the problem with common sense? it's not that common.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Leaver said:

This is why tourism will not be coming back to Thailand anytime soon. It will continue to spread here, because of the complacency in which it is regarded.  

Actually this is not correct. As it is too late to contain the virus, the remaining way to stop it is to have herd immunity, and to achieve that 60-70% of the population need to have been going through the infection.

If these guys there volunteer to go through it quickly, by ignoring masks and distancing and all that, fine, they will get through it faster, and then not spread it anymore.

If you don't want to join them, keep on your mask, wash your hands, etc etc. you know the drill by now. And thank them for trying to help Thailand to reach herd immunity faster ????

Edited by yuyiinthesky
typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Actually this is not correct. As it is too late to contain the virus, the remaining way to stop it is to have herd immunity, and to achieve that 60-70% of the population need to have been going through the infection.

If these guys there volunteer to go through it quickly, by ignoring masks and distancing and all that, fine, they will get through it faster, and then not spread it anymore.

If you don't want to join them, keep on your mask, wash your hands, etc etc. you know the drill by now. And thank them for trying to help Thailand to reach herd immunity faster ????

Herd immunity is all well and good in theory, but you tell me, how do authorities know when the virus has passed through the herd, and the those older folk, and self isolating people, are now safe from "the herd?" 

The answer is, they don't know, and that means Thailand's tourism industry stays off limits to tourists for a lot longer, not to mention how many of "the herd" will die. 

On 3/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, bkk6060 said:

Your thread title seems to call out Thais, when it is 2. How long have you been here because it sounds like a big nothing move on.

Maybe yesterdays  party  down the road  attended by about 100  would  help you?

20200330_173337.jpg

On 3/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, baansgr said:

us not taking it seriously and being dirty.

This made me snicker, From what I have seen so far is that thais are not taking much serious . Just look at Life, People die right ,left & centre .  

Buddhists believe death is a natural part of the life cycle. They believe that death simply leads to rebirth. This belief in reincarnation – that a person's spirit remains close by and seeks out a new body and new life – is a comforting and important principle.  

They kill each other of the drop of a hat. 

But Can't kill / euthanize a Mangy Mutt, even if it's sick and dying .   ????

On 3/30/2020 at 1:14 AM, baansgr said:

doing a charade with him putting her orange in the basket from a distance....silly cow

I'd of pointed out to her that I'd already coughed on that orange, maybe she should go get another one. ????

11 hours ago, britanicus said:

They came to spray our soi, man in a hazmat suit and a few others, Mrs lined them up shoulder to shoulder outside our gate for a photo op with the usual thumbs up or peace signs. I shouted at them to get apart but water off a ducks back, they were probably more likely spreading it than stopping it. I would not let them into our house, only for show, quick spray in the lounges is not going to do anything.

As they where wearing hazmat suits why would they need to stand apart? Or where you just shouting at your wife for not practising social distancing. Seems like a little overreacting on your part. 

On 3/30/2020 at 9:14 AM, from the home of CC said:

Wouldn't have an issue with that except the majority of comments seem to always reek of thinly veiled racism, what's funny is that those who feel they're from 'better countries' are sadly awakening to the fact that they're not any better and in some cases worse -  for their governments care more about money than lives. This is being proven out day after day but I'm still reading moronic comments from those who falsely believe they are superior lol..

When I examine the respective positions of my country in the PISA educational tables or average IQ it does indeed suggest it is better. Then on examining the Road death statistics it indicates that my government cares by a factor of 25 x more than the Thai one. Playing the racist card as a response to inconvenient truths is a poor substitute for reasoned argument.

14 hours ago, nchuckle said:

When I examine the respective positions of my country in the PISA educational tables or average IQ it does indeed suggest it is better. Then on examining the Road death statistics it indicates that my government cares by a factor of 25 x more than the Thai one. Playing the racist card as a response to inconvenient truths is a poor substitute for reasoned argument.

too bad with all your countries' smarts (lol) that they're going down the toilet because of their concern of money over lives - you sound like those chuckle heads in Phuket..

50 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

too bad with all your countries' smarts (lol) that they're going down the toilet because of their concern of money over lives - you sound like those chuckle heads in Phuket..

Then you’ve just got to explain the Thai government’s lack of willingness to spend any money or efforts on addressing the 25,000 deaths on the roads annually (about the world’s worst). Then look at the Gini inequality index to see who gets the most money.

• Like 2