Justifiable gloom an doom for some

swissie

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. "Best gogos" and Pattaya do not belong in the same sentence. Some of the places in Nana or Cowboy were pretty good, but the best ones in Pattaya didn't come up to their standards, and the few that were quite good closed long ago. Super Baby was the last, IMO.

Last time I visited Pattaya there were fat girls dancing ( if one can call what they were doing dancing )- the horror the horror.

When the best looking girls are on the streets in front of the gogos, it's a sign of the end.

What people seem to forget is that the best looking are on the internet now. They ain't going to save the Pattaya scene.

Sad to say, IMO it's the end of the glory days and the wowsers won.

your experience is well out of date on Pattaya gogos, the last year it had been very good, of course many aren't good and if they close fair enough, but i suspect money laundering will keep some open that should close

Edited by scubascuba3

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the west has rotted from the center and the only thing holding it together was cheap money and cheap stuff from Asia. The circus, IMO, is over.

Hard times ahead for Thais that depended on the monger demographic in Pattaya and Bkk. Chiang Mai's nite scene was always too pathetic to matter so not much change there.

You speak a lot of sense. You want to have a beer sometime?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. "Best gogos" and Pattaya do not belong in the same sentence. Some of the places in Nana or Cowboy were pretty good, but the best ones in Pattaya didn't come up to their standards, and the few that were quite good closed long ago. Super Baby was the last, IMO.

You see, it is all subjective..... I think some of the GGBs in Pattaya were far better than any in Bangkok. Bangkok was overpriced and many of the girls were over-indulged Princesses. They are all rather tame too. The style you seem to prefer are rather 90s-00s now. I did quite like the Baby places myself back then too....

On 4/14/2020 at 12:14 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe the best bars, gogos and restaurants will survive and the turd ones close, so a good thing and well overdue

Would you care to put a percentage on the survivors, or those that close? 

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Tricky one as money laundering going on so ones that should close won't, but around 50%

I think 50% wouldn't be far off the mark.  I would not be surprised if it was a lot higher than 50% 6 to 12 months from now.  

On 3/31/2020 at 2:44 PM, AlexRich said:

This will take six months to get through but I’d be surprised if Pattaya wasn’t up and running again in 2021.

Never underestimate the power of the poon.  I'd say late 2020...

Edit:  Longer story... I think by then, people are going to realize that the lockdown may be flattening the curve, but it's not ultimately going to reduce the area under the curve (for you calculus geeks).  And by then improvements in treatment will mean that the cost of the lockdown will far exceed any further benefit from flattening and stretching out the curve.

But in Pattaya, it's about the poon.

Edited by impulse

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

Never underestimate the power of the poon.  I'd say late 2020...

Edit:  Longer story... I think by then, people are going to realize that the lockdown may be flattening the curve, but it's not ultimately going to reduce the area under the curve (for you calculus geeks).  And by then improvements in treatment will mean that the cost of the lockdown will far exceed any further benefit from flattening and stretching out the curve.

But in Pattaya, it's about the poon.

Can you tell me how "poon" in Thailand will open up the boarders of western countries, and get planes flying to Thailand, not to mention, stopping a possible mandatory 2 week quarantine upon returning from Thailand after a holiday.

Then, tell me how "poon" in Thailand is going to see western tourists have disposable cash to holiday to Thailand, as they originally planned, when their employment has ended, or salary has contracted.

You can have all the "poon" in the world here, but there's no point if no one can get here, and if no one has the money to come here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Can you tell me how "poon" in Thailand will open up the boarders of western countries, and get planes flying to Thailand, not to mention, stopping a possible mandatory 2 week quarantine upon returning from Thailand after a holiday.

Then, tell me how "poon" in Thailand is going to see western tourists have disposable cash to holiday to Thailand, as they originally planned, when their employment has ended, or salary has contracted.

You can have all the "poon" in the world here, but there's no point if no one can get here, and if no one has the money to come here. 

Vice is always pretty much immune to the vagaries of the economy.  Cigs, booze, drugs, gambling and sex.

Your other comments are based on your belief that various components of the lockdown will still be in place.  My forecast is based on my belief that things will loosen up when the masses pick up their pitchforks because they've gone broke and they're hungry.

We'll see whose forecast comes true.

24 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Thousands of us already here. Expats on the Darkside are chomping at the bit. Just open those legs bars and we'll be in there. Expats have always been the bread and butter of bars on the Darkside. I will confidently predict that Darkside bars will be open and profitable again before many bars in Central Pattaya.

Just now, Phil McCaverty said:

Thousands of us already here. Expats on the Darkside are chomping at the bit. Just open those legs bars and we'll be in there. Expats have always been the bread and butter of bars on the Darkside. I will confidently predict that Darkside bars will be open and profitable again before many bars in Central Pattaya.

You're probably right. And given the bright side won't have tourists for some time to come, should be good pickings from a very large pool of talent. Buyer's market.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I'm still here, I still have money.

But the price would need to be right, I'm cheap as ............

29 minutes ago, impulse said:

Vice is always pretty much immune to the vagaries of the economy.  Cigs, booze, drugs, gambling and sex.

Your other comments are based on your belief that various components of the lockdown will still be in place.  My forecast is based on my belief that things will loosen up when the masses pick up their pitchforks because they've gone broke and they're hungry.

We'll see whose forecast comes true.

No argument from me that sex sells.

I'm asking how are Thai's "picking up their pitchforks" going to allow tourists to get out of their own countries, and ensure those tourists have the money to have a holiday here, and also guarantee those tourists are not locked up for 2 week quarantine after a holiday here, which would certainly effect their decision to holiday here at all.  

You are only thinking about what the Thai government will do, and the Thai people will do. 

They can remove ALL restrictions and open up ALL boarders tomorrow.  Who's going to be able to get here, and who's got the money to come here, and who's willing to have a month off work for a 2 week holiday here?  Not to mention, travel insurance issues. 

Then, you have to actually have enough tourists here to lure the "poon" back here, or it's not worth them coming back here, due to Pattaya's higher cost of living for them.  Eg. rent..

I would say it's 12 to 18 months before it's even viable for the "poon" market to open up here again.

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm still here, I still have money.

But the price would need to be right, I'm cheap as ............

Are you a tourists?  No.  You live here. 

Do you think the expat market is large enough to keep the sex trade going here?  All those bars, massage shops, soapies, nightclubs, gogo's etc. I don't think so.  

Edited by Leaver

24 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I'm sure all the girls will be rushing back to Soi 6 for the expat market.  ????

11 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I said the Darkside, not Soi 6. I'm sure all the girls from the 6 will be rushing up to the Darkside when they realise where the work is.

Did you ever ask yourself why they call it, "the darkside?"  ????

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Are you a tourists?  No.  You live here. 

Do you think the expat market is large enough to keep the sex trade going here?  All those bars, massage shops, soapies, nightclubs, gogo's etc. I don't think so.  

Some of it, but very little of it. My weekly visit to an MP or boozing around the GGBs would hardly cover the electric bill. For sure there will be some 'business' going on though..... but I suspect it will fizzle out due to lack of custom and overheads making it a loser. Things are going to be very different, and what I fear is not the opening up of business in Thailand, more the movement of people, be it domestic, but much more so, if international. 

Edited by jacko45k