Why is there such a disdain of foreigners

Bangkok Barry

On 4/1/2020 at 9:17 PM, gearbox said:

India and Myanmar, not the poster children of colonialism. Especially India - 3 hundred years of colonial rule and not enough toilets?

From my observations in SE Asia the bigger the percentage of the ethnic Chinese in a country is, the more developed they are. The Chinese give precedence to business, not to emotions. Sure corrupted they are, but are also hard workers valuing education and taking most of the time long term view.

Why should there be enough toilets? The technology did not exist during the Rahj to provide toilets for hundreds of thousands of villages.
Under the British, supplying modern medicine and clean water, and emancipation from serfdom the population of Indian quadrupled.

Under the British Burma was one of the richest countries in Asia, the locals became very wealthy, on their leaving it became one of the poorest countries in the world.

From my observation, there is a peculiar type of Fallang who is never happier than when trashing his own, and seems to regard this as a sign of superiority - while praising Chinese thuggery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2020 at 9:33 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

The locals have been browbeaten into just accepting the official corruption and having to deal with mountains of paperwork whenever they want to do anything

Yeah, I hate all that paperwork I have to fill out to buy a bowl of noodles, go to the movies or buy a smartphone.

Wait.  There's no paperwork.

You must be talking about the paperwork to open a beer bar. ????????????????????

31 minutes ago, toast1 said:

Why should there be enough toilets?

Because the Rich British treated their subjects like human beings?

Wait.  That never happened.

The majority of Indians have to <deleted> in an open field.

And yes, toilets were invented before 1947.  It's that the Rich British colonials really didn't give a <deleted>.  Literally.

????

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:
On 4/2/2020 at 10:33 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

The locals have been browbeaten into just accepting the official corruption and having to deal with mountains of paperwork whenever they want to do anything

Yeah, I hate all that paperwork I have to fill out to buy a bowl of noodles, go to the movies or buy a smartphone.

Wait.  There's no paperwork.

You must be talking about the paperwork to open a beer bar.

You obviously haven't been to a local office with a partner to get something 'official' done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toast1 said:

Why should there be enough toilets? The technology did not exist during the Rahj to provide toilets for hundreds of thousands of villages.
Under the British, supplying modern medicine and clean water, and emancipation from serfdom the population of Indian quadrupled.

Under the British Burma was one of the richest countries in Asia, the locals became very wealthy, on their leaving it became one of the poorest countries in the world.

From my observation, there is a peculiar type of Fallang who is never happier than when trashing his own, and seems to regard this as a sign of superiority - while praising Chinese thuggery.

(my edit to bold the text)

And let's not forget Zimbabwe, a textbook case of what can happen when you leave a country for the locals to run.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You obviously haven't been to a local office with a partner to get something 'official' done.

I am 71+, 20 years in Thailand now. 

My experience in Belgium, and here is quite the same. 

Give some power to someone, especially in official offices, and one will encounter, pretty sure, power abuse. 

The future is to get everything done on line; providing it is 100% effective.