Multi Entry Non-O Marriage, 60 extension and then one year extension?

Hello,

I am a Canadian passport holder and was issued a Non O, multiple entry visa for the purposes of marriage which was issued in HCMC on May 20th, 2019 with the valid until date of May 19th, 2020.

On February 9th 2020, I was issued a Thai 90 day stamp in Burma with an admit until May 8th, 2020 stamp.

I gather I can get a 60 day extension at immigration before May 8th. What documents are required to do so? I am in Ratchaburi.

Assuming I receive this 60 day extension, near the expiration of it near July 8th, can I then apply for a year year extension at immigration? How long does the 400,000 have to be in my Thai bank account?

Note the reason I'm wanting to do the 60 day extension first is because I'd be depositing the 400,000 today, and I need to season the funds for a few months first before applying for the one year extension.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the 60 day extension and then the one year extension when you have the 400k baht in an account in you name only for 2 months.

Thanks ubon.

With my admit to stay date currently May 8th, 2020, how many days early can I go to immigration and request the 60 day extension? And what documents must I bring?

Also I gather there is an alternate method where I can show proof of income of 40,000 THB a month.  Can I just wire myself 40,000 THB each month from my foreign account to my Thai bank account? Or do I need to go to my Canadian Embassy and show tax receipts, invoices or whatever to prove that I'm employed?

47 minutes ago, Syke1911 said:

With my admit to stay date currently May 8th, 2020, how many days early can I go to immigration and request the 60 day extension? And what documents must I bring?

Most offices will do it up to 2 weeks early.

47 minutes ago, Syke1911 said:

Also I gather there is an alternate method where I can show proof of income of 40,000 THB a month.  Can I just wire myself 40,000 THB each month from my foreign account to my Thai bank account? Or do I need to go to my Canadian Embassy and show tax receipts, invoices or whatever to prove that I'm employed?

You can use the 40k baht per month option.

Since you can still do an statutory declaration at your embassy immigration will insist that you get one instead of the the transfers in to a Thai bank broad. Although it is a or in the requirements there have been reports of immigration saying it has to be done by your embassy.

Best to check with your Ratchaburi IO, what methods they accept to meet the financial requirements for the 1-year extension of stay of your Non Imm O - marriage Visa.

For sure the 400K money-in-bank method will be accepted.

But if they allow the 'embassy-income statement' method, there would be no IO requirement for you to transfer money to a thai bank-account.

If they allow the 40K monthly-income transfer method, be sure to enquire whether also the source of the funds has to be proven (and in that case if they also require an embassy income-statement).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices will do it up to 2 weeks early.

You can use the 40k baht per month option.

Since you can still do an statutory declaration at your embassy immigration will insist that you get one instead of the the transfers in to a Thai bank broad. Although it is a or in the requirements there have been reports of immigration saying it has to be done by your embassy.

Do you know what is required when doing a statutory declaration at the Canadian Embassy? Do I need bank statements, tax forms? Or am I just swearing that I have 40K+ in income a month?

39 minutes ago, Syke1911 said:

Do you know what is required when doing a statutory declaration at the Canadian Embassy? Do I need bank statements, tax forms? Or am I just swearing that I have 40K+ in income a month?

They want proof of your income. People have used tax statements and/or bank statements as a backup to your oathe that it is true and correct.

Anyone give good guidance as I have a non o single entry visa based on marriage to a Thai... My Thai wife called Hat Yai IO to get full list of requirements to extend visa by 60 days..... total chaos there yesterday and staff acting very aggressively to people. On seeing the IO they asked for photos of us at home which we did not bring as not on the list given to us.... visa expires on 7 April and public holiday on 6 April so will go in on last day. I will take extra photos of us in house and proof of marriage from Amphur and map. What are my options... 60 day extension minimum.... but could I get a one year extension on my non o single entry. I don’t have a Thai bank account and banks not opening new accounts. I can access online bank statements showing I have in excess of the monthly income required will they accept prints from online bank. I appreciate any good advice in these difficult times.

8 minutes ago, Karlo said:

Anyone give good guidance as I have a non o single entry visa based on marriage to a Thai... My Thai wife called Hat Yai IO to get full list of requirements to extend visa by 60 days..... total chaos there yesterday and staff acting very aggressively to people. On seeing the IO they asked for photos of us at home which we did not bring as not on the list given to us.... visa expires on 7 April and public holiday on 6 April so will go in on last day. I will take extra photos of us in house and proof of marriage from Amphur and map. What are my options... 60 day extension minimum.... but could I get a one year extension on my non o single entry. I don’t have a Thai bank account and banks not opening new accounts. I can access online bank statements showing I have in excess of the monthly income required will they accept prints from online bank. I appreciate any good advice in these difficult times.

I feel for you.

Unfortunately you will not be able to apply for the 1-year Non Imm O - marriage extension, as that requires 2 months seasoning of 400K on a personal thai bank-account (or proof of at least two transfers of 40K in months feb/march or march/april).

Your application for the 60 day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife should normally be no problem.  However, it seems your IO is (deliberately?) confusing your application with the 30-day emergency extension application.

Since you have only 1 day left, it would probably be best to get hold of the list of requirements for that emergency extension, which is applied at your local IO (requirements are different per IO/division) and ensure that you have evidence with you of meeting those requirements when re-applying next Tuesday so that you can use them as 'back-up' for your 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

Thanks Peter.... when applying for the non o one year extension I knew about money in the bank requirement but I also thought there was an option of monthly income.... anyone able to tell me about this and what’s needed. Unfortunately in my experience Hat Yai IO are making it more difficult than it needs to be. I also have the UK embassy letter asking for support in getting a visa.... my wife works at the hospital in Hat Yai and I do t want her to face covid on her own and also risk a lengthy journey back to the U.K. at this time. Hopefully things will settle in a couple of months ... but AI m not holding my breath

45 minutes ago, Karlo said:

Thanks Peter.... when applying for the non o one year extension I knew about money in the bank requirement but I also thought there was an option of monthly income.... anyone able to tell me about this and what’s needed. Unfortunately in my experience Hat Yai IO are making it more difficult than it needs to be.

You can use the income option if you have proof you have done at least 2 transfers of 40k baht into a Thai bank account from abroad.

You will need a bank statement showing the transfers came from abroad. And a letter from the bank confirming you account.

I suggest you apply for the 60 day extension to get everything needed to apply for the one year extension near the end of it.

Immigration will be closed on Monday.

• Like 1

Again the incompetent IO said they were open on Moody and come back then.... afterwards my wife realised it was a public holiday... Perhaps he strain is getting to staff difficult times for us all. I will only apply now for the 60 day extension not sure what options will be available after this. My Thai wife is adamant she wants to move away from Thailand and live in Europe preferably Portugal so we won’t bother with money in a Thai bank option and banks currently not opening new accounts.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Karlo said:

I will only apply now for the 60 day extension not sure what options will be available after this.

In response to your original message and as mentioned previously try to get hold of the emergency extension requirements list applicable for Hat Yai IO, and have the documents required there with you as back-up when applying for the 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

34 minutes ago, Karlo said:

Thai bank option and banks currently not opening new accounts.

They are opening new accounts after Monday. It was only for 4 days they stopped issuing normal bank accounts. A member reported he openrd a fixed term account on Friday.

27 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

In response to your original message and as mentioned previously try to get hold of the emergency extension requirements list applicable for Hat Yai IO, and have the documents required there with you as back-up when applying for the 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

Not sure why you are suggesting that. He will need a letter from his embassy to do it. I don't think he would be able get one by Tuesday the 7th..

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure why you are suggesting that. He will need a letter from his embassy to do it. I don't think he would be able get one by Tuesday the 7th..

In his original message he indicated that the IO asked for photos of us at home which we did not bring as not on the list given to us....

Afaik that is not a regular requirement for an application for a 60-day extension for reason of marriage, so I guess IO is probably adding some of the 'emergency extension' requirements to other applications. 

And since Tuesday will be last day before his permission to stay expires, it would be better for him to come well-prepared for any add-ons IO might require.

• Like 1

So After getting the 60 Day Extension When that Runs out & You CANNOT Meet the Financial Requirements either by the 400k OR The 40k A Month......What WILL They Do...??? " Kick ME Out "..........And IF They do that, Who's gonna look after my THAI Wife Of 27 Years. ??

Edited by Nong Khai Man

36 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

In his original message he indicated that the IO asked for photos of us at home which we did not bring as not on the list given to us....

Afaik that is not a regular requirement for an application for a 60-day extension for reason of marriage, so I guess IO is probably adding some of the 'emergency extension' requirements to other applications. 

It is not normal but I have seen posts about other offices wanting photos at home. Normally just a photo showing the house number is needed.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

So After getting the 60 Day Extension When that Runs out & You CANNOT Meet the Financial Requirements either by the 400k OR The 40k A Month......What WILL They Do...??? " Kick ME Out "..........And IF They do that, Who's gonna look after my THAI Wife Of 27 Years. ??

With a letter from the embassy a special 30 day extension is possible at this time.

Another possibility is another 60 day extension under number 3 of the memorandum for the extensions.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

If you are married to a thai national, you most probably stayed in Thailand on a 1-year ME Non Imm O - marriage Visa (as that Visa does not require any financials to be proven).

So you can now apply for the 60-day extension of stay for visiting your wife.

When after those 60 days some borders are open again, you could then do a border-run which will provide you once again with a 90-day permission to stay.

But in the - unlikely - case that in two months the borders have still not re-opened , it would be wise to make already in course of this month a 40K transfer (foreign origins proven) to your personal thai bank-account.  And repeat that also next month, as that would allow you to apply for the 1-year extension of your Non Imm O - marriage Visa at your local IO.

Edited by Peter Denis

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

With a letter from the embassy a special 30 day extension is possible at this time.

Another possibility is another 60 day extension under number 3 of the memorandum for the extensions.

Thanks Joe, I Didn't Know I Could get a 2nd 60 Day Extension,Would I Get this at my Local IO,Without showing the Financials ??

29 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If you are married to a thai national, you most probably stayed in Thailand on a 1-year ME Non Imm O - marriage Visa (as that Visa does not require any financials to be proven).

So you can now apply for the 60-day extension of stay for visiting your wife.

When after those 60 days some borders are open again, you could then do a border-run which will provide you once again with a 90-day permission to stay.

But in the - unlikely - case that in two months the borders have still not re-opened , it would be wise to make already in course of this month a 40K transfer (foreign origins proven) to your personal thai bank-account.  And repeat that also next month, as that would allow you to apply for the 1-year Non Imm O - marriage Visa at your local IO.

If you are married to a Thai national ( Yes I Have been LEGALLY Married for 27 Years Now ), you most probably stayed in Thailand on a 1-year ME Non Imm O - marriage Visa (as that Visa does not require any financials to be proven) Peter I Do & Have Done that at Savanakhet in the past......

So you can now apply for the 60-day extension of stay for visiting your wife.....Yes I Know That Much Mate.....

But in the - unlikely - case that in two months the borders have still not re-opened , it would be wise to make already in course of this month a 40K transfer (foreign origins proven) to your personal thai bank-account.  And repeat that also next month....IF I Was Able to do that I Would,But I Don't even get that amount in my State Pension.....And I No Longer have ANY Savings in The U.K ( Looks Like I'm Totally FOO*ED !!

When after those 60 days some borders are open again, you could then do a border-run which will provide you once again with a 90-day permission to stay.......I Don't think I Could get a 90 Day Permission to stay on a 60 Day Extension,Or Am I Out of Touch...???

Edited by Nong Khai Man

10 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

When after those 60 days some borders are open again, you could then do a border-run which will provide you once again with a 90-day permission to stay

I Don't think I Could get a 90 Day Permission to stay on a 60 Day Extension,Or Am I Out of Touch...???

I presumed you were staying in Thailand on a 1-year ME Non Imm O - marriage Visa acquired at a neighboring consulate.

That Visa does not require any financials to be proven, but it only provides you with 90-days permission of stay after which you have to exit the country (or apply at your local IO for a 60-day extension to visit your wife).

You are currently (with borders closed) not able to do a border-run, i.e. exit/re-enter Thailand.  Doing so would provide you once again with a 90-day permission to stay, and that entry can also be extended again in country for 60 days for visiting your wife.

= = = = =

Is the above correct or are you staying in Thailand on a different Visa, and if so which one?

Edited by Peter Denis

25 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Thanks Joe, I Didn't Know I Could get a 2nd 60 Day Extension,Would I Get this at my Local IO,Without showing the Financials ??

Note I said possibley. It would be under this in the police order since you can normally only get one per entry.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

But the 30 day one is possible at this time.

No financial proof would be needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I presumed you were staying in Thailand on a 1-year ME Non Imm O - marriage Visa acquired at a neighboring consulate.

That Visa does not require any financials to be proven, but it only provides you with 90-days permission of stay after which you have to exit the country (or apply at your local IO for a 60-day extension to visit your wife).

So I presumed that you were currently (with borders closed) not able to do a border-run, i.e. exit/re-enter Thailand.  Doing so would provide you once again with a 90-day permission to stay, and that entry can also be extended again in country for 60 days for visiting your wife.

Peter, I Am on a Non-Imm " O" Issued at Savanakhet in February 2019, Have Done all the 90 Day Border Runs & Am Now on my FINAL 90 Day Permission to stay which expires on 30 April 2020 I Will go to Nong Khai Immigration about the 20th with ALL The Documents they need & Apply for my 60 Day Extension,It's When that 60 Days Expire I'm Worried about as I Explained Before,Mate..

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Note I said possibley. But the 30 day one is possible at this time.

No financial proof would be needed.

Yes Joe I Just saw that.......Thanks.......Do you happen to have the LINK on getting this letter.....?? And Should I Apply for the Letter ONLY when the 60 Day Extension is about to Expire...

Edited by Nong Khai Man

12 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Peter, I Am on a Non-Imm " O" Issued at Savanakhet in February 2019, Have Done all the 90 Day Border Runs & Am Now on my FINAL 90 Day Permission to stay which expires on 30 April 2020 I Will go to Nong Khai Immigration about the 20th with ALL The Documents they need & Apply for my 60 Day Extension,It's When that 60 Days Expire I'm Worried about as I Explained Before,Mate..

Thanks, now fully clear.

Normally your 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife should be no problem, so you would be OK till 29 June.

If by then the borders are not open again, you would need to apply for the 30-day emergency extension. 

18 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Yes Joe I Just saw that.......Thanks.......Do you happen to have the LINK on getting this letter.....?? And Should I Apply for the Letter ONLY when the 60 Day Extension is about to Expire...

I I recall correctly you are from the UK. Go back a page or two and you will find a topic about getting the letter. It is done by email.

Get the letter near to when your 60 day extension is close to ending. But I hope the borders are open before then.

Got back read the post you quoted again. I did an edit of it while you were quoting my post.

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks, now fully clear.

Normally your 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife should be no problem, so you would be OK till 29 June.

If by then the borders are not open again, you would need to apply for the 30-day emergency extension. 

If by then the borders are not open again, you would need to apply for the 30-day emergency extension.....Yes This is what @ubonjoe Also Says,So this seems the ONLY way to Go, I'm Just waiting for Joe to send me the LINK to get the Emergency Letter from The BE....