'Make your way home': Prime Minister Scott Morrison – who was behind Australia’s famous tourism campaign...

ravip

All tourists and foreign students who are unable to support themselves financially during the coronavirus pandemic have been told to go home by Scott Morrison. 

The prime minister said that while 'it is lovely to have visitors in good times', now is the time for them to leave so officials can focus on supporting Australians in need.

It is likely a difficult position for Mr Morrison to take, given his previous role as director of Tourism Australia, where he famously hired Lara Bingle to help lure travellers in. 

But now ministers are focused on helping to keep Australians afloat, pledging $130 billion for a JobKeepers package for workers, many of whom faced losing their jobs.

Full article

• Haha 1

Sounds fair to me. If they dont have money to support themselves, then go home. They can apply for financial support to get a return ticket/trip if they dont already have one booked. Tourists and Students are supposed to have a return flight already organised before they arrive.  If they cann suppport themselves, then the Govt has stated they can stay passed Visa expiry. I dont see the problem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Sounds fair to me. If they dont have money to support themselves, then go home. They can apply for financial support to get a return ticket/trip if they dont already have one booked. Tourists and Students are supposed to have a return flight already organised before they arrive.  If they cann suppport themselves, then the Govt has stated they can stay passed Visa expiry. I dont see the problem.

Sounds fair indeed! No argument about it. Just kick out all without money!

If something like this is done in Thailand or any other developing poor country, then it is a human rights issue! They become morons, stupid, unintelligent, uncivilised etc...

Are there two 'sets' of rules? For the developed & the undeveloped? Or to any other different 'classes'?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ravip said:

Sounds fair indeed! No argument about it. Just kick out all without money!

If something like this is done in Thailand or any other developing poor country, then it is a human rights issue! They become morons, stupid, unintelligent, uncivilised etc...

Are there two 'sets' of rules? For the developed & the undeveloped? Or to any other different 'classes'?

You are talking absolute rubbish.  The PM has been warning those people to leave when/if they can for weeks.  What he is saying now is that his Govt (Us Taxpayers) will not pay them what he is paying to Aussies who are unemployed/struggling.  Your 'human rights' rubbish is completely false logic.  If anyone is in troublke there are support systems in place and they will be looked after in Australia. But they will not get any money that is being paid to Aussies - they were warned to leave weeks ago - they were told it was going to get worse - now they are deamnding the same payments as is going to Aussies and claiming it is their 'human right' to get those payments.  Stop supporting scammers who deliberatly abuse the system that is for those in trouble. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

You are talking absolute rubbish.  The PM has been warning those people to leave when/if they can for weeks.  What he is saying now is that his Govt (Us Taxpayers) will not pay them what he is paying to Aussies who are unemployed/struggling.  Your 'human rights' rubbish is completely false logic.  If anyone is in troublke there are support systems in place and they will be looked after in Australia. But they will not get any money that is being paid to Aussies - they were warned to leave weeks ago - they were told it was going to get worse - now they are deamnding the same payments as is going to Aussies and claiming it is their 'human right' to get those payments.  Stop supporting scammers who deliberatly abuse the system that is for those in trouble. 

No. Please understand well that I don't support scammers, just to clear your confusion.

In a panic situation, you are right, lot of RUBBISH will be thrown around to cover rubbish.

In the end, there will be a pile of rubbish!

Your indignation, I understand very clearly and don't blame you one bit.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Sounds like Thailand. We want you for the money, now sod off mate. 

Who does nothing for nothing?

Even the Saints need money today, that's the bare truth.

1 hour ago, ravip said:

No. Please understand well that I don't support scammers, just to clear your confusion.

In a panic situation, you are right, lot of RUBBISH will be thrown around to cover rubbish.

In the end, there will be a pile of rubbish!

Your indignation, I understand very clearly and don't blame you one bit.

Yep - it is all rubbish mate.

• Haha 1