Curfew breakers to face 2 years imprisonment

Jonathan Fairfield

Curfew breakers to face 2 years imprisonment

nt.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The police have warned any person found outside during curfew hours, without a legitimate reason, will be prosecuted.

Royal Thai Police spokesman, Pol Lt Gen Piya Uthayo, said all 421 checkpoints will now focus on the enforcement of the law against those not complying with the measures, and on limiting inter-provincial travel to minimum.

He said the police are now working with the military and administrative agencies to create a rapid response network of officials across the country to detect and prosecute violators of emergency regulations.

Only some people are allowed to go out during curfew hours, namely medical professionals, bank workers, night shift workers and passengers travelling to and from the airport.

Cargo and delivery drivers of essential products, farm products, drugs and medical supplies, newspapers, fuel, parcels, export and import products are allowed to work during curfew hours, as well as passengers and drivers heading to a quarantine facility. Some travel may be allowed during curfew hours if necessary, requiring authorization from the officials.

Those working or commuting home during curfew hours should carry an identification card and certification letter from their employer to be presented on demand. The letter must clearly state company or agency’s name, work unit, position and valid reasons for curfew travel

Violators of the curfew will face a maximum of 2 years imprisonment, or up to 40,000 baht in fine, or both.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200404152234420

nnt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CGW said:

How long is it now that we have been waiting for the "bodies"?

Just saying, when do we start to wonder ????

About 14 days the acceleration in deaths will be quite high with a peak around end May till Mid June.. After that the daily deaths will start to come down hopefully.

The problem is the actual figures will never be reported by the Thai government in the same way they are covering up now.

Best just sit it out and by September it might be deemed safe to slowly release the emergency measures.

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I’m not a fan of land drowning from pneumonia or hitting the hospital and paying costs, so yes I do think this is something to worry about and try to avoid until a vaccine can be developed. I now get flu shots because I travel a lot. So you nay sayers go ahead and keep thinking your way and don’t expect anyone to feel sorry for you if you do get it or if you do die. I’m all for preventative measures, and seems the world is as well. 

Vaccine??? Do you research on viruses!! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

so yes I do think this is something to worry about and try to avoid until a vaccine can be developed. I now get flu shots because I travel a lot. So you nay sayers go ahead and keep thinking your way and don’t expect anyone to feel sorry for you if you do get it or if you do die

Ah the magical vaccine, seems a lot are waiting for "Big Pharma" to save the day! Hope your faith is not misplaced, those that have had flu shots have off course lowered there resistance to 19, probably didn't tell you that fact?

Vaccination not an option for me having spent the past 53 years living with the "untold" side effects of the last vaccine shot I had!

Who on earth would expect "pity" when they die? you will be ok, don't worry ???? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

Sure, until the money runs out, or people get sick and tired of it. It is just a matter of time. This total isolation is simply not feasible in the long run. And I bet all of those governments know that full well already.

Let's see what happens but from the looks of it things need to isolate and then get back to normal. The whole world is upside down at this moment and this virus is an extremely jumpy contagious. I can't see strict isolation going more than a month or so here.

25 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

There is a very high chance these measures are used for something else than advertised.

I reckon it is obvious that the "opportunity" for change has been seized upon! Not a lot we can do now but wait and see what they have in store for us?

Time for "AI" to take over, after all we have done ???? 5g being rolled out at a location close to you - maybe?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bagwain said:

Vaccine??? Do you research on viruses!! 

Yes vaccine. But it will take a long time, so most of us hope we don't get it or if we do then we hope we get it lightly and then we become more or less immune.

Edited by holy cow cm

37 minutes ago, CGW said:

Ah the magical vaccine, seems a lot are waiting for "Big Pharma" to save the day! Hope your faith is not misplaced, those that have had flu shots have off course lowered there resistance to 19, probably didn't tell you that fact?

Vaccination not an option for me having spent the past 53 years living with the "untold" side effects of the last vaccine shot I had!

Who on earth would expect "pity" when they die? you will be ok, don't worry ???? 

Yes unfortunately big Pharma and its owners. But for the vaccines I don't buy into most of the conspiracies. So what are your untold of side effects? 

46 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

conspiracies

So your a "sheeple" who doesn't believe anything apart from the mainstream as you reference buying into "conspiracies" - interesting. ????

I have no interest in you opening your mind to different points of view, that you would also deem further "conspiracies" - closed unit! 

You might want to consider why this website exists? https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html

Reverse "conspiracy" theory maybe? 

Take care in these trying times! 

More conspiracy nonsense for you to laugh at:- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK190013/

Edited by CGW
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

So your a "sheeple" who doesn't believe anything apart from the mainstream as you reference buying into "conspiracies" - interesting. ????

I have no interest in you opening your mind to different points of view, that you would also deem further "conspiracies" - closed unit! 

You might want to consider why this website exists? https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html

Reverse "conspiracy" theory maybe? 

Take care in these trying times! 

More conspiracy nonsense for you to laugh at:- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK190013/

People like you love to use words like sheeple. I can actually buy into some conspiracies in many and many not. I have my own regarding this virus and definitely don’t but into how it came to be and numbers from the origin country

or even from here. I am fine with a curfew and ok with the Chinese economy devastated and know big Pharma is gonna make a lot of money off of this. Maybe even be a precursor for population control? 

Anyway take care. Points of view go both ways and I usually look at everything first from the middle. Don’t get caught in the curfew traps. 

Edited by holy cow cm

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

People like you love to use words like sheeple.

You seem to know "me" well? people like "me" actually dislike the word "sheeple", I just hate to see gullibility, it saddens me to see people fall into the trap.

I dislike the term "conspiracy" when it is used if you question official "government" propaganda, are they the ones who decide what is fake news & what is not, the masses are never supposed to question "government"? when you use this term you are supporting that "unquestionable" fact! That they are never wrong? 

Sure you know where the term originated and by whom, though that could well be yet another "conspiracy theory"! ???? 

I am fine with a curfew, makes little difference to me, retirement home was built with being a "prepper" in mind, though obviously never foresaw this, expected War at the worse but pestilence was way down the list!

The next few weeks should be interesting? regardless if you are a "sheeple" or question the "facts" by "government" There's going to be winners and losers, I hope "we" are winners, but certainly not betting on the outcome, this is way beyond a virus now?

Stay safe

• Sad 1

I just heard that a cargo ship the AAL Bangkok was docked in Perth, Australia. The crew were told to self isolate for 14 days on the ship, however they have broken curfew and left the ship. Australian border force are tracking them down. Once they are caught it's 2 years jail for them here as well as they are suspected of carrying the virus.

9 hours ago, CGW said:

I reckon it is obvious that the "opportunity" for change has been seized upon! Not a lot we can do now but wait and see what they have in store for us?

Time for "AI" to take over, after all we have done ???? 5g being rolled out at a location close to you - maybe?

It's not tech, it's people. History repeating itself. It's never been easier to learn from history, just hit google. At the end, it's obvious. Good time to learn and reflect, make the best out of it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

People won't stand a chance now the Smart Beemer is in the case!

That BMW could not catch that Farangs wife from Korat , she ran thru airport and drive ti Korat telling Police you pay me money , lol