Time to sue China?

Lacessit

since ww2 the superpowers that be have been fighting to produce the most powerful weapon of mass destruction,now they have succeeded and everyone will pay. Now is the time for the worlds leaders to get of their backsides and move into the twentyfirst century. We are not barbarians anymore, we dont need to slaughter each other.we are moving further and further into Space,what will we do if we find life,Slaughter them so we can take over their World. f--- it stop the world i want to get off.

p.s. so the chinese got there first and did not hesitate to use it.which superpower is gonna say they havent produced the same boilogical weapons.

Edited by beavenlen
  • Like 1

Yes, at some point China should be made to pay.  Inadvertently or not, it waged war on the world with a virus that it failed to contain within its borders while at the same time lying about its consequences and severity.  Countries are spending vast sums to fight this war against the virus.  Now, China is poised to be the first country back on its feet economically and will benefit from the chaos its virus has caused.  Of course China should pay--through a plan that does not cripple the country financially but does require payments perhaps on a 10, 20 or 30 year plan.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice idea.  China would probably ignore any adverse judgment of course, and say they didn't recognise the authority of the presiding body.    They have some history with this kind of thing.    Still, it would be a worthwhile exercise to have a detailed inquiry in to the seeming inactions of their authorities.

• Haha 1

I think that if the virus was bioengineered then we have some massive issues. If it was done, it was most likely done in America for war purposes and spread by the CIA. The CIA have shown over and over again they have no morals and no decency. I'd like to see them sued.

The virus has 6000 mutations vs previously seen CoV like MERS and SARS. This number is too big to have occurred naturally in a short time....just think there is 96% homology between CoVid 19 (sic) and earlier viruses....there is 96% homology between humans and chimps. Think about that. Personally I think 6000 mutations is way too many to bioengineer for numerous reasons....but the sheer number is daunting plus you would need to know exactly what RNA sequence you were aiming for before making the mutations in a lab. This is like a chimp typing randomly and creating a Shakespeare play.

Suing China.....be my guest....you will spend a lot of time, effort and money and get nothing in return. A quixotic venture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why would you even think about suing China?

China was a victim of this virus. Like everyone else.

The world economy is on the brink of collapse, and one of the few engines of recovery could be a resurgent China.

Why would we not support China so that its economic steam can help the west to recover economic normality?

What is this overpowering urge to punish people?

15 minutes ago, Logosone said:

China was a victim of this virus. Like everyone else

Is that all that happened? Keep in mind, my friend, that suppressing fact is lying by omission. How about putting things in a proper context: China, in this case their party CPC to be exact, suppressed alerts, and let the virus loose to the world. The pandemic ( deaths and disease, economies collapsing, travel closure, everyday life and the way we live it is affected, etc.) is the direct result of China's DELIBERATE action. THEY brought this virus to the world. So don't turn things upside down furthermore by calling them "victims."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, watthong said:

Is that all that happened? Keep in mind, my friend, that suppressing fact is lying by omission. How about putting things in a proper context: China, in this case their party CPC to be exact, suppressed alerts, and let the virus loose to the world. The pandemic ( deaths and disease, economies collapsing, travel closure, everyday life and the way we live it is affected, etc.) is the direct result of China's DELIBERATE action. THEY brought this virus to the world. So don't turn things upside down furthermore by calling them "victims."

3778562-hate-robert-downey-jr-talking-face-1072486.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, watthong said:

You need to keep in mind, my friend that a lawsuit does not work on hearsay.

You are now suing China and part of your case is to prove your allegations beyond any reasonable doubt so now you present your case complete with the PROOF that you are claiming otherwise your case is just slander against China. No false accusations will win any law case, only indisputable proof will win. Supply your proof.

• Haha 1

It doesn’t matter how strong a guy you may think you are, how healthy you think you may be, how safe you think you are, if you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time — you’re gonna get it, and you’re gonna learn the hard way...

As sure as God made black and white, what’s done in the dark will be brought to the light...Someone WILL pay for this. This is the one thing that I know. Someplace or someone is going to be held accountable for turning the whole world upside down in a blink, and tearing families apart.

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:12 AM, ravip said:

I wish all countries that destroyed other countries economies are made to pay up. Why, only China?

If one read the news, you will see how Innocent people, including children, were killed brutally by so called powerful developed countries on false accusations etc.

Why, are they justified? Do certain countries have the right by default, to destroy any other country at their whim and fancy? Does not one feel ashamed to cover up those atrocities? 

Edit

The lovely song All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers, comes to mind...

Can you think of any other country that has done this much damage to not only 1 or 2 countries but to the entire world? Neither can I. These ***** had plenty of time to take control of this, but just like their attitude, they didn't give a <deleted>

• Haha 1

They'll never pay. Not a chance. Sanctions and travel restrictions are the only answer. Sure, this will hurt economies, but can it get any worse than this? The travel restrictions would need to be wide-ranging for them to work. Horrible stuff, but what choice is there until we see an end to Chinese disease outbreaks for a period of 30 years or so? You'd need to ban people coming from China. Then, ban people from nations that allow the Chinese in (you could visit Thailand and get it from a Chinese national or anyone else who got it from them!) Finally, you'd need to ban your own citizens and residents from going to China or countries that allow the Chinese into their countries. For such sanctions to work, there would need to be worldwide cooperation. Sadly, you will not get it. Money talks and some countries would remain China's lapdog.

I told you the solution is mad. Not one I'd ever wish to propose or even think of, but what choice is there, really? Just wait for it to happen again?

A pandemic can start anywhere, but this one was on the cards for a while. We've had a few close shaves in recent years, let's be honest. I'm not one to want to single out a country and want their people banned from entry to other places. I've worked, taught and studied with Chinese nationals and always found them to be good company, polite and helpful. Therefore, it's a terrible thing for me to even think of such a thing. But I don't see the alternative to such strict measures unless we want to 'take our chances'. Can't see it happening (money and business) so something like this will happen again soon.

The simple question is this:

Are you prepared to take your chances, or do you want to reduce the risk to almost zero, even if it hurts your economy a little and restricts foreign travel?

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Unlike repossession of a home where you can send law enforcement to evict the prior owners, do you send an army to China to gather assets?  And do you not think that China would retaliate and stop sending the critical products it manufacturers leaving the world without any pharmaceutical products, or lithium to run its cars and other products.  

There is lots of lithium in South America.  We build the world's greatest infrastructure / supply-chain system once - can do it again much faster than China built their cheaper-copy of it.

4 hours ago, tonray said:

When China owns more than 1 Trillion in US Treasury debt....any lawsuit is unlikely to proceed too far before the US quashes it

Seems that debt could be used both ways.  No need to invade to enforce collection of loses due to China's lies and coverup. 
And, no, that course of action would not make US-Treasuries worthless going forward - because:

• All Other Nations on the planet have been harmed by China's lies/coverup of this virus in the early weeks when it could have been contained,
  • This is an extraordinary cirumstance which has affected the whole world,
  • Other nations could receive their share of the compensation via this mechanism  
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

Lol.... Are you dreaming?

Who the hell is going to support you in your quest to freeze out china when over 5 billion people in the world are officially classed as living in poverty and would basically have NOTHING if it wasn't for Chinese manufacturing.

Wake up man.

Large nations can manufacture for their own populations.  Smaller nations can work in groups to manufacture for theirs.  There is no need for a huge proportion of global-manufacturing to be done in China, or controlled by China  - or the USA, or EU.  

The goal should be to spread the "large middle-class" system the USA and Europe had (greatly deteriorated by "globalism" mass-immigration and outsourcing) to the rest of the world - not engage in a "race to the bottom" by tearing down the good, and multiplying the bad.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

China has many assets outside China available for seizure.

Would not make much difference to the fact that China will be hugely asset rich. China's built assets alone are now worth 11 trilllion USD more than America's:

And if the trend continues, what China has built for itself will be worth more than twice America’s built assets by 2025

http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/trends/chinas-b1uilt-asse3ts-now-wo4rth-11-trillion-ame/

Again, you can not defeat China. It's just not possible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phkauf said:

There are many options to "send a message" to China:

- stop university students from China, these are mostly children of the rich and powerful

AKA "spies" - and how at least two Wuhan Lab scientists learned how to take bat-viruses and make them infectious in humans - research done in the USA at USC and published, before this dangerous type of research ("gain of function") was banned in the USA (hence their return to Wuhan, to continue the work).  Of course, such insanity should never have been permitted/funded in the first place - but skipping a long tangent into Big Pharma, origins of university research funding, etc.

Agree with your list, in general - but the goal should be reducing outsourcing of manufacturing across-the-board, not only outsourcing to China - though funding the CCP's military with deficit-trade money is particularly suicidal.

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

Nevertheless China reacted to an unknown enemy very quickly, they published the Genome on 11 January.

Yes, they released it, having had the virus isolated long before letting the world know that it was a very dangerous human-transmissable dangerous virus - and having blocked foreign medical/researchers from coming in to take samples and independently-assess the situation.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1