Hospital Price Lists

Oxx

Back in February the government announced that, by the end of the month, it was going to publish on the Internet price lists for hospital treatments.  Does anyone know where those price lists are to be found?

I can't comment on price lists but I ran out of tablets for my cholesterol all pharmacist and hospitals prices in Phuket were off the scale,i feel sorry for the locals paying these prices when they get ill,As it happens my next destination was India,I got my tablets from a government hospital over 10 times cheaper,shame on you Thailand.

Edited by Jimmy Pop
Spelling errors

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I can't comment on price lists but I ran out of tablets for my cholesterol all pharmacist and hospitals prices in Phuket were off the scale,i feel sorry for the locals paying these prices when they get ill,As it happens my next destination was India,I got my tablets from a government hospital over 10 times cheaper,shame on you Thailand.

You were obviously asking about the wrong medication as statin drugs are not that expensive here if you avoid the imported name brands.  The most popular brand is probably Bestatin 20mg at 3 baht or less (more in private hospital due markup).

As for OP expect COVID-19 has taken priority over price lists - believe some were starting to be published but very incomplete.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

I have seen a statement on a tiered system, something like categories for first citizens (the cheapest), then VISA holders, then tourists, something like that... I don't think the government will be publishing prices, but you can get a feel for prices here and of course you will need to call for exact prices anywhere you may want to go. 

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/promotion-package-view

Back in February one newspaper reported:

"The Commerce Ministry's Internal Trade Department will post the prices of 300 medical services offered by various private hospitals on its website later this month so people can view them before agreeing to treatment."

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Have a quality insurance policy and don't think about it.

Why waste your money, if you were actually inclined to "think" about it. If you are healthy, don't take unnecessary risks, and keep an emergency fund, why not shop around for prices and not waste your money on insurance. Or another idea is take out a high deductible "catastrophic" policy at a significantly lower annual cost that only gets used when you have a major emergency/major surgery, otherwise you simply pay out of pocket for any non catastrophic needs. 

I take 20mg enalaril or enalapril or whatever. If I exercised more it would be half.

Anyway it's 22b per strip of ten. It's also not diuretic. When I had it prescribed I specifically asked because Thailand so hot. Been taking it fifteen years. I realize it might not fit your needs but just saying. B2 per tablet.

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I'm on Rosuvastin 10mg and clopidogrel,India r128 Thai equivalent price 55 baht for 10.

It's a statin with a blood thinner,all my yearly check ups are 100% regarding cholesterol unlike previous years.

Plavix is normally name brand here and expensive (as name brand is also in India).  But the extremely cheap generic versions are not available here so most with cost concerns use 81mg Aspirin.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I'm on Rosuvastin 10mg and clopidogrel,India r128 Thai equivalent price 55 baht for 10.

It's a statin with a blood thinner,all my yearly check ups are 100% regarding cholesterol unlike previous years.

Just thinking,if any of you guys are paying for two tablets one statin and another blood thinner,there are tablets on the market that do both,but maybe your doctor doesn't like selling you one tablet.