How soon did you get married

parafareno

On 4/6/2020 at 11:01 PM, parafareno said:

.the problem is that if we get married we could be together all the time and

If that is the problem, than move on.

before Thailand, I married too quick several times. strange enough “just” relations were stronger and lasted longer than marriages.

Here, married a young girl, only mid forties (both grown up kids), after about a year or so and no regrets about that at all.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 11:01 PM, parafareno said:

and she is not ready at all.

Then you should definitely not be ready. Have you even asked her?? A woman not ready to marry is still playing the field. You are 10 meters out of 100. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, I think I was very fortunate. Her family are hard working, honest and really good folks. We count on them alot to help us with our orchard, and they are always there for us. They are self supporting, and generous on many levels. But, as I said, I took a long time to get to know my wife, and her family, so I knew what I was getting into. And I realize she was alot more patient than most women here. But, the bottom line is there are plenty of good women here, so if she is not willing to wait long enough for you to get to know her, and develop a comfort level, better to either walk away, or show her the door. Doors can be very useful instruments. 

Same here. My wife and her family are hard workers. Farming, breeding fish, contract tractor work, and run a small shop. They've never asked us for anything, and treated me well always, and also my family when they came to Thailand for the wedding. Now back in Australia, the only time my wife complains is when there is no work to do, she gets bored, so onto the tablet for a Thai TV show. She starts a job here next week, hope she likes it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An old saying: Why buy the cow when the milk can be rented for 1000 b?

Many guys come here and have a move in or get married quickly.  Even online proposals without even meeting them or knowing much about this place.  

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 2

On 4/6/2020 at 6:01 PM, parafareno said:

I wonder how long did it take for you to get married with your Thai girlfriend. 

Also mention her age, and if she has kids or she was married before.....

17 years and still counting...:whistling:

Her age?

If by marriage I don't know, she says that she will marry me when I'm 90, so could be 58; I've never been married, so parhaps Okay to try it by that time...????

Anyway we have 32 year between us, she was 22 when we met.

Kids before?

No, but she has one now, I presume I'm the father...????

Married before?

Yes, village marriage – unregistered, many girls might have been village married, not any way of checking if not told – even twice, but neither of them worked; the longest lasted for 3 month. More-or-less arranged by families, which could also have to do with face, or not loosing face.

????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1