Good News?

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

I don't want to kill the vibe, but somebody in the twitter comments posted a police memo, which is probably the basis for what Prayuth might sign:

The memorandum you posted is dated 26 March 2020.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, johng said:

too late for me   was at Jomtien 2 times this morning told to come back at 1PM   came back 2.30PM left at 6.30PM..hundreds of people packed in like sardines !!!!

And condemned to have concern for the next 14 days!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Simply pushing 90-day reporting out to 30 April, or 31 May means there will be, on average, more people trying to satisfy the requirement in a shorter time period. So in June you'll have the April, May and June folks all stuffing things up.

Not sure what the alternative is though? Maybe extend it until your extension of stay expires?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NightSky said:

wait to see what is announced this week. If nothing I will attend immigration as usual next week before Song Kran shut down

Songkran holidays have been cancelled. 

25 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

So all Government agencies open as usual?

Yes and banks. 

The Bank of Thailand canceled the 13th, 14th and 15th on their holiday list shortly after it was announced they were canceled.

image.png.c24187953df5b071c8f5df4831ce0ed7.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Psimbo said:

How long does it take to change or amend a law in your country of origin? 

Not this long and here government has full emergency powers and yet this requirement to risk lives continues for weeks on end.  Today hundreds continue to expose themselves in large groups when official orders are for people to social distance and remain in homes except for emergency.  I sincerely hope this is the start of an overhaul but from what has been said it does not appear to be.  But anything is better than current situation.

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not this long and here government has full emergency powers and yet this requirement to risk lives continues for weeks on end.  Today hundreds continue to expose themselves in large groups when official orders are for people to social distance and remain in homes except for emergency.  I sincerely hope this is the start of an overhaul but from what has been said it does not appear to be.  But anything is better than current situation.

Relax. It is just a matter of time. 

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Greyhat said:

Looking like it's not going to happen.

Maybe not tomorrow.

I suspect that additional office was in the planning stage before the news broke about the newest options,

It may also require getting the first extension before getting one without applying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Maybe not tomorrow.

I suspect that additional office was in the planning stage before the news broke about the newest options,

It may also require getting the first extension before getting one without applying.

my idea... for the 90 day reporting, heard it may be extended for only 30 days, they say maybe, it would make things easier for everyone involved if they automatically extend for 90 days, thus next reporting and not confuse people

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is nothing in the announcement that says you don't have to go to immigration to get the automatic Covid extension.  I suspect that the lines will be just a long, but they should move more quickly with less paperwork required.

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

my idea... for the 90 day reporting, heard it may be extended for only 30 days, they say maybe, it would make things easier for everyone involved if they automatically extend for 90 days, thus next reporting and not confuse people

The article in news says 90 day reporting will be suspended. No mention of 30 days.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The article in news says 90 day reporting will be suspended. No mention of 30 days.

Post #1

Everyone who is in Thailand legally will have an automatic 30 day extension

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:
Post #1

Everyone who is in Thailand legally will have an automatic 30 day extension

I wrote about the news article that I posted a link to on this page not this topic. It says.

"Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report "

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is nothing in the announcement that says you don't have to go to immigration to get the automatic Covid extension.  I suspect that the lines will be just a long, but they should move more quickly with less paperwork required.

Nor is there anything about these extensions being free.....

Edited by MagnumForce

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I wrote about the news article that I posted a link to on this page not this topic. It says.

"Immigration set to announce automatic visa extensions and suspension of 90 day report "

I wonder what the word ‘automatic’ actually means here. No need to visit the office or just letting you stay for more time legally after providing all the requested documents? Big difference.

• Like 1

Just now, Zikomat said:

I wonder what the word ‘automatic’ actually means here. No need to visit the office or just letting you stay for more time legally after providing all the requested documents? Big difference.

Could mean anything here.????

11 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

I wonder what the word ‘automatic’ actually means here.

I assume it means you will not have to apply for a new 30 day extension.

And when the emergency is over you would go to a office and they will update your permit to stay date in your passport or when you leave the country.

• Like 2

Everyone who is in Thailand legally will get an automatic 30 day extension.

So if your allready on overstay,you need to clear that,then pay 1900 for 30 days,then I suppose if you need another that one will be free ???

Whether a person is a tourist, expat or citizen, from a purely logistical point of view, for the overall good of the country, inclusive of all people and lessening the potential of Thailand increasing infections and deaths, limiting contact and just having everyone regardless of who they are just stay put.   

Edited by tfc
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

Everyone who is in Thailand legally will get an automatic 30 day extension.

So if your allready on overstay,you need to clear that,then pay 1900 for 30 days,then I suppose if you need another that one will be free ???

You are not longer in overstay if a emergency decree is signed and exempting you since March 1st to date X. Neither would you have to extend yourself first then.
But guess it depends on the details and official release, sigh, as this is Thailand.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume it means you will not have to apply for a new 30 day extension.

And when the emergency is over you would go to a office and they will update your permit to stay date in your passport or when you leave the country.

And why do they open a new office at Pattaya school then? It does not look like they intend to stop making us to visit the immigration.

Edited by Zikomat