Phuket officials to launch islandwide door-to-door checks for COVID-19

snoop1130

27 minutes ago, Enlightened said:

Well hopefully they have protective gear when they do so. test.......test......test......Asymptomatic people NEED to be tested to determine if they have the virus. PERIOD. In Thailand or anywhere else. Is it better to have people isolated not knowing if they have the virus? This is simple logic. You determine carriers and then if you test positive, you isolate from others. Contact tracing (after testing positive) then tests anyone that has had contact. No other way to do it......PERIOD!

Well yes, hopefully they have protective gear. Coming into any close proximity with potential carriers is dangerous, both to them and other people they encounter along the way of their temp checks, but I don't understand how what you're saying about "test test test" is related to what I'm saying.

Of course, the best way to stop the spread is to test everyone and apply appropriate measures, but a temp scan doesn't do that reliably. Hopefully, quick and reliable tests that can be sent to everyone will be available before too long, and then proper self-quarantine measures can be applied. Whether that will come before a vaccine is available is hard to say, but my point only had to do with a criticism of the method of 3000 people going door-to-door. I feel it can potentially do more harm than good, and I stick to that. 

Edited by Inn Between
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

They are going around Rawai checking every house and spraying inside the house yesterday they were in Moo1 today in Moo2 and it seems they are handing out a pack of food, 

They came inside your house?

• Confused 1

They came to MOO 3 Sisunthon yesterday. No protective clothing only a surgical mask and armed with a surgical mask. They wrote down every bodies name and address, checked ID's of Thais and checked passports of aliens. They did not set foot on the property of where I stay and we got no such food aid.

38 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I just spoke to some friends and yes they came in the house

No problem with them doing checks through the gate but defeats the whole purpose of quarantine if they enter the house...

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I dont know but my friends had to stay outside for a bit

Stay outside a bit, while they case out or nick some of the gold ornaments inside right?

We went outside and locked the front door behind us and stood with the keys in our trotters while they spoke to us at the gate.

Are we paranoid or has my living here for 15+ years made me cautious?

My house is also surrounded by very high mounted VHD CCTV DVD Cameras. You may laugh now, but I have seen many folks who laughed at me, fall prey to theft.

• Like 1

It concerns me a bit that the people who came to check are just wearing simple masks and not full protective gear.

if someone is asymptotic( or even symptomatic) that they have tested and the mask doesn’t protect you fully, the testers can be infected and become hosts.

Then the virus can be passed unintentionally from house to House that is tested.

19 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

As far as I can tell the machine they are using is like one of them Fogging machines used for mozzies 

I would be worried about the chemical being used then the machine itself ????

Edited by merijn
  • Like 1

And at the same time there is a party going on in soi naam jai. My guess is 40 people nicely all together in a small space. Masks on, but these have to be removed for food and drinks, and no social distancing to speak of.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And at the same time there is a party going on in soi naam jai. My guess is 40 people nicely all together in a small space. Masks on, but these have to be removed for food and drinks, and no social distancing to speak of.

I didn't want to say anything about that it started about 8am and already about a dozen people there even my wife went <deleted> they doing 

Already people with no money so no food kids going hungry we cant let this happen if you look at the Thai FB pages around Rawai get your wife of G/F to show you I was reading last night one guy in Moo 7 has not received any handouts as of yet he posted on FB he has 3 kids and no rice to feed them the response was good people wanting to know where he lived so they could bring food,

Im told that if you want to donate food you can go to to Rawai temple in the mornings they have setup tables where you can drop it off then people that need can go and collect,

We have not received our free hamper as of yet when I do thats where I will be taking it to all you good hearted Farang who live around Rawai lets not let these kids go hungry.

• Thanks 1