Medical plans around the world.

olfu

I know youngsters don't care about medicine after all I was young in last century too.

As in song - till you hit 64.

Lets get to the point. After I hit 75 the only country that accept me is US where I pay taxes but when

traveling I rely on cash and credit card.

My favored country Thailand make all kind of trouble for old farangs so I start thinking of buying Elite visa to go around. American medical system is not bad but too complicated and is not free. Its complicated because lots of people make good living from it and fights between political parties common and never ending. My impression is Japanese system more reasonable.

Give me your point.

Well it's hard to now where to start with this topic.

In general I would have to say, getting old in Thailand is a really really bad thing, since unlike most countries, even the US, insurance goes through the roof and don't even think about pre existing condition coverage.

Obviously most of the Europeans have the most extensive single payer systems and socialized medical care.

Even in the US, contrary to popular myth most working age people have insurance and get access to probably the best medical infrastructure in the world, and post 65 all can get medicare