Trump says ‘germ is so brilliant antibiotics can’t keep up with it’ in chaotic White House coronavirus meeting

RJRS1301

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

SARS-Cov-2 is a virus, so antibiotics have no effect. Did Trump not say a few weeks ago that he understood this stuff?

Inane, ill informed, highly conventional, and rather closed minded rationale. 

Azithromycin is also thought to have antiviral and anti-inflammatory activity and may work synergistically with other antiviral treatments. In in vitro laboratory studies azithromycin has demonstrated antiviral activity against Zika virus and against rhinoviruses, which cause the common cold.

https://www.drugs.com/medical-answers/antibiotics-kill-coronavirus-3534867/

Patients with COVID-19 also have a higher risk of dying because of septic shock. Thus, there is an urgent need for treatment that can improve the patient's chance of the shortest hospitalization possible, and treatment that can lower the risk of secondary infection and death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I'm surprised he has such a dumb guys writing his speeches, i bet he'll sack them today as he should.

Nah, I believe he refuses to read their speak and talk out of his hat instead. After he just need a fall guy to sack, when he realizes how bad he made himself look.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharp said:

Do a little more research on this guy and you won't be so impressed!!!

Yes he was the Minister of Health and later Foreign Affairs in a politically repressive government, but actual health related achievements were impressive. Minister of Health would have provided a great platform  to help his own people and others with his expertise Should he have refused the role?. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tedros_Adhanom#Global_health_initiatives

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Probably no point, if the Guinness folks stated a documented fact he didn't like he would just claim it was fake news or a hoax and dismiss them.

Yeah, you are right. I didn´t think about that factor. I also missed the other scenario, that he accepts their presence and notes. That would also be a devastation to the book, that is only going to be filled with his dumb actions.

7 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

when he realizes how bad he made himself look.

Oh that would take some insight into his own behaviours, that is very difficult for Oz (the wizard) to do. DSM could fill another catergory from all this.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You did not read my above link, did you?

"Many of these approved drugs are antibiotics, such as doxycycline and azithromycin, which strongly inhibit both inflammation and viral replication."

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/04/07/coronavirus-treatment-hope-with-everyday-antibiotics/

It would appear that antibiotics DO in fact have a role in fighting Coronavirus. It must hurt seeing Trump proven correct after all the hate and bashing.

The article refers to the clinical trial in France whose conclusions have now been rejected - look it up...

25 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

Trump fans...

Trump ignored warnings about the virus for more than two months. As president, he is responsible for the resulting pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-response.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=hinytmynameisben

No - no - no - no....... don't start to muddle the waters now - the Chinese are responsible for the pandemic! Just listen to Faux News and you then you know for sure....!! /S

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

So said the Leader of the free world. The virus is a lot less dangerous than the idiot in the White house.

I'd agree with you apart from the first bit. Unless you mean the leader of the fact free world. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But, but,  you committed the crime of the century by knocking TopDeadSenter's all time hero. The most intelligent, smartest person in the world. A person who knows more about everything in the world than anybody else (and he knows some very big words too. So honest and truthful is DJT I wonder how he can live with mere mortals like the rest of the human race.

???? ????

Did not knock him, questioned his competence yes.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

I have never looked to Donald Trump for medical advice, I have sense to know a team is assembled and they, along with Trump have been addressing the nation daily. 

Using this as a political football is just wrong. Mistakes were made by NYC acting on what the CDC said, and WHO said.

The South Koreans had the path to follow. The west has been primarily wrong both in preparation and execution.

Lessons to be learned, and I am sure they will be.

• Like 1