Thai provinces ban alcohol sales ahead of New Year to curb coronavirus spread

rooster59

On 4/12/2020 at 8:29 AM, Thailand said:

Surely if rubbing alcohol on various parts of the body to combat the virus is acceptable the one would think that ingesting it would be even more efficacious.

I refer you to my previous post

20 hours ago, sahibji said:

i really fail to see the possible efficacy of this decision. it would be better to let people relax and enjoy their drink. in any case those we really need to drink would have done forward purchases to cover this period of ban. so either way i do not see the ban working.

it is nothing more than a power trip of the uneducated

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

it is nothing more than a power trip of the uneducated

ok, I see what you say.

But can you please respond to the fact that alcohol bans are a very frequent occurrence here in Thailand.

There are so many alcohol sales bans 'all the time' ... pre corona ... I'm not surprised it's here now, with corona.

If you live here for a given number of time, how can you be surprised about that, whether it makes sense or not?  ????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, smedly said:

This thread is dominated by the "evil alcohol crew" the pure types that have never put a foot wrong in their lives 

Wrong again, the thread is dominated by Thai bashers. 

Had there been no ban, accusations of irresponsibility would be flying around.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

They are doing this based from the knowledge of their own people.

When I lived in the UK, I always wondered why the pub's closed so early ????

Last round already?

Edited by RedPill
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Farang said:

No, it makes perfect sense as many people there like to sit around, eat and drink.  People are less likely to party as much without alcohol.  Beer or Hong Thong is the first thing I ask about before getting together.

so just ban Thais then lol

13 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Lived there for a while too. I know exactly what you mean. :cheesy:

The only difference is, at that time I didn't go to a UK Expat forum and complained about it, into hundreds of pieces of discussions.

I just accepted it and that was it.

Same for me in Thailand right now and today.

And when I lived in the Middle East, it was a totally different game. 

Still didn't complain on the Middle East Expat forums ...

Same for me in Thailand, right now and today.

You live somewhere else, things don't go your way (or don't make sense to you) ... but you find your way and how to get around it.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

so just ban Thais then lol

That's what they already do, in their way ... trying to explain this to you since a few posts ????

They don't ban the Thai's, they ban the alcohol for the Thais. Same thing at the end.

Are you sure you have a grip on how things work in this country, or are you just arguing around for the fun of it? ????

Edited by RedPill

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

ok, I see what you say.

But can you please respond to the fact that alcohol bans are a very frequent occurrence here in Thailand.

There are so many alcohol sales bans 'all the time' ... pre corona ... I'm not surprised it's here now, with corona.

If you live here for a given number of time, how can you be surprised about that, whether it makes sense or not?  ????

can you quote anywhere on this thread that I am surprised ?

been here 16 years (living here)

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

can you quote anywhere on this thread that I am surprised ?

been here 16 years (living here)

you act very surprised and are arguing around ... now I'm surprised you live here since 16 years. 

What have you learned? ????

I think you just love to argue ... against the facts that alcohol bans are a 'normal' thing in Thailand ... for the past 16 years.

Yes, it got stricter for the past 6 years, but that's a different topic. Alcohol bans are a normal part of Thailand, and that's it. 

End of discussion for me ;-))

Edited by RedPill
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

If you want to believe that food interferes with rational thinking that is up to you.

according to this thread, non rational thinking is affecting about 50% - all the bible thumpers do gooders ex alcoholics and boring farts that I intentionally do my best to avoid 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedPill said:

you act very surprised and are arguing around ... now I'm surprised you live here since 16 years. 

What have you learned? ????

I think you just love to argue ... against the facts that alcohol bans are a 'normal' thing in Thailand ... for the past 16 years.

Yes, it got stricter for the past 6 years, but that's a different topic. Alcohol bans are a normal part of Thailand, and that's it. 

End of discussion for me ;-))

are you going to teach me a life lesson ?

move along my friend you are well out of your depth - trust me

Just now, smedly said:

are you going to teach me a life lesson ?

move along my friend you are well out of your depth - trust me

You don't need a life lesson. 

You argue around about a alcohol ban, living in Thailand for 16 years.

Have a great morning! ????

6 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

local sales will go up i imagine,or will they shut that down too.lets wait and see 

Around my village the local shops have been told not to sell alcohol by the Puy Yai Ban or else face the consequences. 

Wether they will comply remains to be seen.

I stocked up to last until the end of May.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 8:31 AM, Dmaxdan said:

It is simply to try and stop parties and social gatherings over the Songkran period in order to help stem the spread of the virus. Nothing more and nothing less. Every other opinion is just based purely on lame conspiracy theories. 

everyone knows someone who knows someone if they want it they can get it this is Thailand cant tell me an underground network isn't already in place in place .. How many you want 

7 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Around my village the local shops have been told not to sell alcohol by the Puy Yai Ban or else face the consequences. 

Wether they will comply remains to be seen.

I stocked up to last until the end of May.

Here where i live in Bangkok the small shops sell alcohol only backdoors these days, and only for people they knowing very well and can trust them. So till now, no problem at all. My Thai friend owns such small shop, where i am a truly customer over the last 6 years nearly daily, showed me his depot, one big room full of boxes of good stuff. Enough for a couple of weeks.