In grim milestone, United States logs world's highest coronavirus death toll

rooster59

6 hours ago, rabas said:

Jan. 30: 7 cases confirmed in U.S. 

U.S. has a "very little problem" with five cases

• On this day, the World Health Organization declares coronavirus a public-health emergency. [LEFT OUT BY MSM: W.H.O. SAID NO NEED TO BAN TRAVEL FROM CHINA***] "We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we're working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it's going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you," Mr. Trump said at a speech at a Michigan manufacturing plant.   

Jan. 31: 8 cases confirmed in U.S. 

President Trump bars many travelers from China, and U.S. declares a public health emergency. 

Feb. 5: 11 cases confirmed in U.S. 

President Trump is acquitted after impeachment trial in the Senate.

***https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/updated-who-recommendations-for-international-traffic-in-relation-to-covid-19-outbreak

Factual information some will quickly erase from their minds. Trump, in the middle of a historic and bitter impeachment trial, took time to protect the US by implementing a travel ban that the deceptive WHO said you don't need.

He was busy preparing his testimony, lol!

Yes, Trump declared a public health emergency, all  countries automatically do it after the WHO declares a public health emergency. Ok, he decided travel restrictions (not ban), while the WHO was not advising it and was probably right, so did most countries.

The problem is: what did he do after that and when?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, samran said:

Trump also has told us he knows more about this stuff that just about anyone and that is was just a little cold with 15 people who had it and they were going down to zero. 

So on that point he was already ignoring them....and now more dead than on 9/11. 

Stable genius - blaming others for his own failures 

Come on, don't you know that thanks to his uncle, Trump has a natural understanding of health issues? Obviously, his uncle did not teach him the difference between a bacteria and a virus! ????

"Asked by a journalist about the level of testing for the coronavirus across the US, the president answered: “This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it."

????????????????

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-antibiotics-coronavirus-white-house-briefing-brilliant-enemy-genius-idiot-a9460636.html

Edited by candide
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, candide said:

Come on, don't you know that thanks to his uncle, Trump has a natural understanding of health issues? Obviously, his uncle did not teach him the difference between a bacteria and a virus! ????

"Asked by a journalist about the level of testing for the coronavirus across the US, the president answered: “This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it."

????????????????

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-antibiotics-coronavirus-white-house-briefing-brilliant-enemy-genius-idiot-a9460636.html

And yet the flock still follow????????

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

In his infamous words “ I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic“. Yet he procrastinated for 2 months to prepare for the pandemic. 

i think this one will go into the top 10 trumpisms on the internets.  kinda like the famous "i was for the war before i was against it."

not quite sure where it'll go in the top 10 list yet.  i'd put it above "my virus briefings get higher ratings than the bachelor", but well below "why do we have nukes if we can't use 'em?"

if gw had a son....

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i think this one will go into the top 10 trumpisms on the internets.  kinda like the famous "i was for the war before i was against it."

not quite sure where it'll go in the top 10 list yet.  i'd put it above "my virus briefings get higher ratings than the bachelor", but well below "why do we have nukes if we can't use 'em?"

if gw had a son....

Does this make it to the top ten list?

”The tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, simple1 said:

Could it be because trump initially rejected guidance from his health advisers...

Prominent US public health adviser Dr Anthony Fauci appeared on Sunday to confirm a bombshell New York Times report which said he and other Trump administration officials recommended the implementation of physical distancing to combat the coronavirus in February, but were rebuffed for almost a month.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/12/fauci-trump-rebuffed-social-distancing-advice-coronavirus

Its Rubbish !- It's just another sad attempt to bash the POTUS!  NYT , a failing newspaper, as the POTUS says

Feb,29:

"Dr. Fauci on coronavirus fears: No need to change lifestyle yet"

https://www.today.com/video/dr-fauci-on-coronavirus-fears-no-need-to-change-lifestyle-yet-79684677616

Time to get a new coach , Coach Fauci gotta go !

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, riclag said:

Its Rubbish !- It's just another sad attempt to bash the POTUS!  NYT , a failing newspaper, as the POTUS says

Feb,29:

"Dr. Fauci on coronavirus fears: No need to change lifestyle yet"

https://www.today.com/video/dr-fauci-on-coronavirus-fears-no-need-to-change-lifestyle-yet-79684677616

Time to get a new coach , Coach Fauci gotta go !

Here we go. Press ‘play’ on the pre recorded spiel of reactive trump defenders. 

’failing newspaper’ (actually quite a successful one)

‘bashing the president’ (holding him to account).

one thing you are right about, Fauci’s probably on his way out. 

He came to do what he needed to do - get trump to listen. Looks like he’s going out on his own terms, rather than get thrown under the bus by the Trumps, which inevitably happens. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

Don't you think it's rather interesting that trump sycophants praise the NYT when their reporting gels with their opinions, but viciously attacks the free press - NYT - when reporting doesn't concur with their POVs. 

In today's trump Covid briefing Fauci back pedalled furiously, claimed his previous comments were misinterpreted, so guess you will now U-turn in perfect unison with trump. It will be interesting to see what the fact checker outcome will be, every time trump presents there is always misinformation to a greater or lesser degree.

As anticipated by most people Trump made a number of false / misleading statements during his latest Covid 'briefing'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/apr/13/coronavirus-us-live-donald-trump-anthony-fauci-new-york-times-report-social-distancing-deaths-latest-news-updates

Edited by simple1

On 4/13/2020 at 5:45 AM, candide said:

When Fauci said there was currently low risk, he also said health authorities needed to prepare for the worst. He also became more precise in February, as additional information was available, while Trump went on talking B.S..

At the same time Nancy Pelosi was inviting people to Chinatown!!! Bill Di Blasio was encouraging people in the epicentre of NY to get out and "get on with your lives"!! I wonder how many deaths they are responsible for with their irresponsible actions. Luckily Trump is in charge not these Democrat idiots! Bet you never saw these incidents on fake news MSM, CNN, MSNBC and other trash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muzley said:

At the same time Nancy Pelosi was inviting people to Chinatown!!! Bill Di Blasio was encouraging people in the epicentre of NY to get out and "get on with your lives"!! I wonder how many deaths they are responsible for with their irresponsible actions. Luckily Trump is in charge not these Democrat idiots! Bet you never saw these incidents on fake news MSM, CNN, MSNBC and other trash.

So what? Because it's called Chinatown? The pandemic did not start in SF and there is no relation between the pandemic and SF Chinatown. Actually the virus reached SF only late.

As concerns Di Blasio, he may well have been as stupid as Trump, in particular early March, but it doesn't exonerate Trump for doing nothing. In fairness to Di Masio, he was not recipient of the same information and reports as Trump, and was not in charge of deciding about the US health policy.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, samran said:

Here we go. Press ‘play’ on the pre recorded spiel of reactive trump defenders. 

’failing newspaper’ (actually quite a successful one)

‘bashing the president’ (holding him to account).

one thing you are right about, Fauci’s probably on his way out. 

He came to do what he needed to do - get trump to listen. Looks like he’s going out on his own terms, rather than get thrown under the bus by the Trumps, which inevitably happens. 

So does that mean you agree or disagree with Fauci saying there was no need to change one's lifestyle due to the virus on February 29? How about when he said it was fine to go on a cruise ship on March 9?

28 minutes ago, candide said:

So what? Because it's called Chinatown? The pandemic did not start in SF and there is no relation between the pandemic and SF Chinatown. Actually the virus reached SF only late.

As concerns Di Blasio, he may well have been as stupid as Trump, in particular early March, but it doesn't exonerate Trump for doing nothing. In fairness to Di Masio, he was not recipient of the same information and reports as Trump, and was not in charge of deciding about the US health policy.

Nancy Pelosi is the person who brought her SF Chinatown into it- and likely due to simply jerking her knees against Trump. In late February, she walked through Chinatown with the press, telling everyone to come to Chinatown. Think that was smart? 

And you say Trump did nothing. That is obviously not true. Why post such easily debunked statements?

Your assertion that de Blasio is not in charge of US policy is a straw man argument. No one has ever asserted such a thing. The issue raised is de Blasio telling people to go out and party on March 13. Even the leftist New York Times has attacked de Blasio for his response to the virus. Do you think it's possible his response, or lack thereof, has something to do with the high infection and mortality rates?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/nyregion/coronavirus-bill-de-blasio.html

12 minutes ago, samran said:

Accuracy doesn't seem to be something you care for. So here is the full quote:

“If you are a healthy young person, there is no reason if you want to go on a cruise ship, go on a cruise ship. But the fact is that if you have…an individual who has an underlying condition, particularly an elderly person who has an underlying condition, I would recommend strongly that they do not go on a cruise ship.”

And if that wasn't enough, the invisible man, sorry Vice President,  Mike Pence then followed up Fauci by saying advice to avoid vacations at sea was targeted to older people with “serious underlying conditions.” I mean, the VP plays a heck of alot less golf than his boss, so probably came around to common sense alot earlier.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggollan/2020/03/09/fauci-says-cruising-is-ok-if-you-are-healthy/#31c236b12d4d

Great thing about the public record....you can hold BS to account.

So it was inaccurate for me to say Dr. Fauci said it was OK to go on a cruise ship? Of course not. That's precisely what he said. What I said was intentionally incomplete, specifically to have the opportunity to debunk the inevitable assertion from someone like you with some additional science.

Obviously, a cruise ship is a great place to catch a communicable disease. Surely you know this, yes? And young people can and do still catch viruses. Many if not most people who catch the virus are asymptomatic. Thus, the advice Dr. Fauci gave was still incredibly wrong. See if you can figure out why. If you can't, I'll assist. But let's see an honest effort.

And your attempt to blame Pence for listening to Dr. Fauci is laughable. Most people think leaders like Trump and Pence should get their info from *experts*. Dr. Fauci is an *expert*, yes? So you're trying to blame Pence for doing exactly what you leftists say he should do, listen to *experts*? Nah. Not logical. At all. Or are you saying Pence was dumb to listen to Dr. Fauci?

Do tell.

Oh and I noticed you didn't comment on what Dr. Fauci said on February 29? Any particular reason why?

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Oh and I noticed you didn't comment on what Dr. Fauci said on February 29? Any particular reason why?

More important things to do...

Edited by samran
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Obviously, a cruise ship is a great place to catch a communicable disease. Surely you know this, yes? And young people can and do still catch viruses. Many if not most people who catch the virus are asymptomatic. Thus, the advice Dr. Fauci gave was still incredibly wrong.

This is important! 

It's younger people who spread the disease, not the old people. Didn't you ever wonder how old people sitting at home spread the disease?

Don't Panic: The comprehensive Ars Technica guide to the ...
Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1