In grim milestone, United States logs world's highest coronavirus death toll

rooster59

41 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If people will not wear masks and gloves when they are out in public, shopping, getting

their supplies, and such, the USA and Canada will continue to have new cases spring up, as the masks may not protect the wearers, but those around them.

I do hope people in these two countries get serious, or North America will otherwise have the most deaths in the world, especially in the senior centres, where it already is a completely horrible tragidy.

Geezer

I don't know many people around here that are willing to wear gloves and masks for the rest of their lives.

There is also a cultural problem. Many of the younger people feel that the older generation has stolen their dreams. The millennials and Gen Z are not that sympathetic. They simply aren't afraid of catching it and do not care if they spread it. You have a younger generation that wants change at any cost and stands to inherit a fortune. Now don't come to me and attack me I am not saying it's right. It is what it is.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Why crying dick do you think this will last that long?  I really think that there will be a vaccine in less than two years, I do.

Geezer

You caught me in an edit reread my post. We can't stay in hiding for two years there is nothing left anyway at that point. We have months to rebuild or modern society is finished. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I don't know many people around here that are willing to wear gloves and masks for the rest of their lives.

There is also a cultural problem. Many of the younger people feel that the older generation has stolen their dreams. The millennials and Gen Z are not that sympathetic. They simply aren't afraid of catching it and do not care if they spread it. You have a younger generation that wants change at any cost and stands to inherit a fortune. Now don't come to me and attack me I am not saying it's right. It is what it 

Oh bs no one has stolen anybody’s dreams they have to work 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So this is what scares me. You have a biological agent of warfare easily obtainable by anybody. Imagine people like antifa start going around and spreading it maliciously. Scary thought right? Idiots are already being arrested for publicly coughing and sneezing on things. 

What happens when somebody is infected and deliberately and methodically contaminate those they oppose? Just like many wildfires are arson there are going to be outbreaks of this virus that are created by design and not a random mishap.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, because a country on the other side of the planet should have the same response to a disease spreading as a country 200 miles from the source country. LOL

Ahhhh yea those airplanes get around rite quick And people cross paths in airline terminals put it this way one month ago we had 3;000 cases now with drastic measures we have 552,226 cases in 1 month with 22000 dead we should have reacted much much earlier it’s a small world in this day and age and that’s NO LOL

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Indeed, as evidenced by several police outfit saying they're gonna get tough on Christians going to church, yet no mention of getting tough on Muslims going to their mosques.

which police outfits?  where?  and what did the public announcement specifically state?  did it say no christian services, no church services, or no religious observances?

did this occur in a region with few, if any, mosques?  is this area overwhelmingly christian, so that the official stating "no church services" believed that covered the entire population?

was this a direct result of certain pastors publicly stating they would not obey the stay-at-home orders, but would instead have hundreds or even thousands packed into their churches?

44 minutes ago, Tug said:

Ahhhh yea those airplanes get around rite quick And people cross paths in airline terminals put it this way one month ago we had 3;000 cases now with drastic measures we have 552,226 cases in 1 month with 22000 dead we should have reacted much much earlier it’s a small world in this day and age and that’s NO LOL

Well yes...the airlines are a mass transportation system and have certainly turned the planet into a small world.

47 minutes ago, Tug said:

So now you're saying Trump didn't impose travel restrictions soon enough. OK, on what specific information would you have expected them to put them in place sooner? Be careful, I've got the Google.

7 hours ago, candide said:

Jan. 30: 7 cases confirmed in U.S. 

U.S. has a "very little problem" with five cases

• On this day, the World Health Organization declares coronavirus a public-health emergency. [LEFT OUT BY MSM: W.H.O. SAID NO NEED TO BAN TRAVEL FROM CHINA***] "We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we're working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it's going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you," Mr. Trump said at a speech at a Michigan manufacturing plant.   

Jan. 31: 8 cases confirmed in U.S. 

President Trump bars many travelers from China, and U.S. declares a public health emergency. 

Feb. 5: 11 cases confirmed in U.S. 

President Trump is acquitted after impeachment trial in the Senate.

***https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/updated-who-recommendations-for-international-traffic-in-relation-to-covid-19-outbreak

Factual information some will quickly erase from their minds. Trump, in the middle of a historic and bitter impeachment trial, took time to protect the US by implementing a travel ban that the deceptive WHO said you don't need.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rumak said:

well, they are the greatest..... and most unhealthy population on earth   ????

" you want fries and a 48 oz coke with that sir ?"

"Make America Great Again" - well, they have achieved their desire to be "great again" as they are top of the charts!

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

"Make America Great Again" - well, they have achieved their desire to be "great again" as they are top of the charts!

I still don't understand why countries like India, compared to how ppl live together in the US, have these low numbers.

I do understand it has to do with testing and 'real' numbers ... but still ... that massive of a difference? So hard to believe or digest all that.

4 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I still don't understand why countries like India, compared to how ppl live together in the US, have these low numbers.

I do understand it has to do with testing and 'real' numbers ... but still ... that massive of a difference? So hard to believe or digest all that.

I'd say that Yanks are generally a bunch of obese fatties eating lots of unhealthy food causing lots of health issues, compared to a country like India where you aren't filled with a country of fatties.

17 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I'd say that Yanks are generally a bunch of obese fatties eating lots of unhealthy food causing lots of health issues, compared to a country like India where you aren't filled with a country of fatties.

At first glance, I would say yes, you could be right.

Then again, look at the Germans, what a fat beer belly nation is that, also a lot of unhealthy food. 

And they have a low rate of death compared to such a high number of infections.

(But they also test a lot. I've read last week around 350k a week, 50k people per day, hence high numbers of infections).

Edited by RedPill

6 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

No. A Constitutional statement would have been to warn about any religious or social gatherings rather than just target Christians. Obviously, you know this and are being silly. And that is OK. But let's also keep it real, yes?

It’s EASTER. Which bit of other religions don’t celebrate Easter aren’t you understanding? Or are you just desperate to be the victim, another trait of the great leader.

15 minutes ago, RedPill said:

At first glance, I would say yes, you could be right.

Then again, look at the Germans, what a fat beer belly nation is that, also a lot of unhealthy food. 

And they have a low rate of death compared to such a high number of infections.

(But they also test a lot. I've read last week around 350k a week, 50k people per day, hence high numbers of infections).

USA double numbers of obesity in relation to population compared to Germany, https://images.app.goo.gl/bBfMkQVbxuUKm9aJA

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

USA double numbers of obesity in relation to population compared to Germany, https://images.app.goo.gl/bBfMkQVbxuUKm9aJA

Thanks for that chart ... interesting to see this listing.

I guess that answered my question about India ... 

(although it's a 2009 chart, I guess not much has changed in 2020, if not, only got worse)

Edited by RedPill

45 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Could it be because trump initially rejected guidance from his health advisers...

Prominent US public health adviser Dr Anthony Fauci appeared on Sunday to confirm a bombshell New York Times report which said he and other Trump administration officials recommended the implementation of physical distancing to combat the coronavirus in February, but were rebuffed for almost a month.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/12/fauci-trump-rebuffed-social-distancing-advice-coronavirus

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Could it be because trump initially rejected guidance from his health advisers...

Prominent US public health adviser Dr Anthony Fauci appeared on Sunday to confirm a bombshell New York Times report which said he and other Trump administration officials recommended the implementation of physical distancing to combat the coronavirus in February, but were rebuffed for almost a month.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/12/fauci-trump-rebuffed-social-distancing-advice-coronavirus

Is he employed by the federal government? If so, he's going to get fired.

8 hours ago, sucit said:

NY alone has more cases than any country. Slice up and manipulate the numbers all you want,  but you can't avoid that glaring stat. 

Yes that is certainly true.. but if talking about US as a country then its not that bad NY is bad. But part of the problem is that people live really close together im sure that in some towns in texas with your next door neighbor miles away its harder to get the virus unless your a religious nut and visit church or go to a mosk ect.

• Like 1