Covid-19 Spraying Program in Pattaya

Kerryd

1 hour ago, patsfangr said:

The operators of these spraying trucks are pulling in big bahts from this. Wouldn't it be interesting to know what relationship they have to certain political officials who are ordering this action?

one that spray me was a government truck, red in colour...  possibly owned by the fire brigade.

I suspect it is mostly for show and likely ineffective due to dilution and exposure time of anything they may be using.

Here's a link to the US EPA's list of disinfectants that can be used against SARS-CoV-2 (covid-19 virus).  Aside from a few, most disinfectants need contact for 2-5-10 minutes before effective destruction of SARS-CoV-2.

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2

• Haha 1

They sprayed our village last week. No detrimental impact except we had to wash the spray residue of of my wife’s car in case it did turn green. Can’t criticise them for seeing to be doing something.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

I suspect it is mostly for show and likely ineffective due to dilution and exposure time of anything they may be using.

Here's a link to the US EPA's list of disinfectants that can be used against SARS-CoV-2 (covid-19 virus).  Aside from a few, most disinfectants need contact for 2-5-10 minutes before effective destruction of SARS-CoV-2.

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2

Of course America is doing so well in their efforts to fight the virus compared to Thailand......

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

"Apparently all gates and front doors are virus free in Nongprue"

Really? Don't listen to aunt. 

Aunt said the Thesaban are spraying gates and doors and playing a tune, I added the apparently.

I will continue to listen to Aunt.

3 hours ago, Bagwain said:

Given they must have had the equipment on standby, me thinks it is mosquito spray! They get bad Dengue outbrakes, so I would reckon it is the equipment for dealing with this!

More familiar with fogging machines to do that job. I am betting they are just spraying water around to convince people they are killing Covid!