Five held for celebrating Songkran on Roi Et street

webfact

Five held for celebrating Songkran on Roi Et street

By The Nation

800_0a87a9454c0883f.jpg?v=1586754997

Five people who posted a video of themselves celebrating Songkran and splashing water on a street in Roi Et province on Sunday (April 12) were arrested.

Their action violated the Communicable Disease Act and might contribute to spreading Covid-19. The police took all five to a station.

On interrogation, officers learned one of them is a son of a vice president of Pho Thong’s Subdistrict Administration Organisation. He had allegedly invited his friends to celebrate Songkran and drink alcohol, police said.

Two of the group are teenagers aged 19. The rest were identified as Sampran, male, 21, Chaiwat, male, 20, and Aurapin, female, 25.

The police tested them for drugs. The result showed three of them used some substances and police said they would be charged for the offense.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385883

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-13
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hope they give them as hard punishment as the law allows for the offense. They might by young, but should be old enough to understand we all must work towards the same goal. At present time, there is no room for moronic individual actions.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

So they break the law AND video themselves   ????

Just goes to show the appalling mentality of some people, one of them was the "Big wigs son" thought he might of had some education... hope the old man gives him 6-lace holes for embarrassing the family.

Songkran on the street
Drinks party
Drugs
and post a video of yourself doing it... priceless.

If you watch the video you know this is just a bunch of kids having fun and absolutely no one was in danger of spreading or catching the virus. 

Also, you will hear one of the kids poking fun at Phayut several times. That cannot be tolerated!!! That is the real reason they were arrested. The police were afraid of not taking action. 

This makes it even more sad.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

On interrogation, officers learned one of them is a son of a vice president of Pho Thong’s Subdistrict Administration Organisation.  

Well!   Apologise and release them immediately!

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Arrested for throwing water...for throwing water. What a sad world.

it is a documented fact that they aim for motorcyclists eyes

for the purpose of inflicting pain, temporary blindness,

and accidents. its an assault on other humans

6 hours ago, brokenbone said:

it is a documented fact that they aim for motorcyclists eyes

for the purpose of inflicting pain, temporary blindness,

and accidents. its an assault on other humans

They were arrested for throwing water. Do you understand that there is no limit in dictating how one lives his life now. They weren't arrested for hurting anyone, they were arrested for celebrating Songkran, which includes throwing water. You make it sound as though everyone's intent when throwing water is to injure everyone.

For me I'm more afraid of where all this ridiculousness might end than I am of the virus. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dpcjsr said:

If you watch the video you know this is just a bunch of kids having fun and absolutely no one was in danger of spreading or catching the virus. 

Also, you will hear one of the kids poking fun at Phayut several times. That cannot be tolerated!!! That is the real reason they were arrested. The police were afraid of not taking action. 

This makes it even more sad.

Makes me happy to see the police actually doing their job for once.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

They were arrested for throwing water. Do you understand that there is no limit in dictating how one lives his life now. They weren't arrested for hurting anyone, they were arrested for celebrating Songkran, which includes throwing water. You make it sound as though everyone's intent when throwing water is to injure everyone.

For me I'm more afraid of where all this ridiculousness might end than I am of the virus. 

if their intent isnt always to cause injury, temporary blindness, and pain, then why do they always aim for the eyes ?

and in fact why do they target motorcyclists at all ?

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Songkran and gathering in groups was canceled and is forbidden right now, with fines being levied.  It does not matter whether you want to believe your civil liberties are being taken away.  A decree was instituted, and the government has canceled Songkran as of this point in time, and has banned gatherings of people in order to achieve what they see as a goal of reducing the spread of COVID-19.  If you do not like the rules that have been laid out, then just like anyone else who thinks its ludicrous then you are free to leave from this country and return to your own country, which I am sure is doing things better than here.  Take it for what it is worth.  We are just guests here, even if we are expats, we always have hoops to jump through, this is just more of the same.  If it gets worse then we can all leave if we do not like the rules.  I do not believe that they really think to much about what we want and believe.  It is there country not ours.  We all know that what is transpiring here and the world over is causing damage to Citizens and there extended families because of travel bans and closed borders.  Not much more to say.  When a Government imposes a National State of Emergency, and as you say "there is no limit in dictating how one lives his life now", you are absolutely correct.  Enjoy your ability to still be in this country, if you are here at this point in time.