Black Box Appearing on Every Forum Page

ColinChapman

For the last few days, every time I open a page on the forum, a blank box appears called "vdo.ai". It's only on Thai Visa not any other websites, so I don't think it's a virus. It has an "x" in the corner to close it, but it's still very annoying. I'm using chrome on android. Does anyone else have this problem? 

• Like 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/privacytoolsIO/comments/adhw6n/anyone_heard_of_genesis_plus_adblocker/

On 4/14/2020 at 8:56 AM, BritManToo said:

adblocker genesis

I'm going to give this a try. I have been using Adblocker Plus for years on this site, but recently this "vdo.ai" has appeared. Is it ad based? It begun appearing the same time as mine and many others members, past activity vanished......On second thoughts, after reading the linked Reddit page, perhaps I won't.

Edited by rbkk
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 7:11 PM, rbkk said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/privacytoolsIO/comments/adhw6n/anyone_heard_of_genesis_plus_adblocker/

I'm going to give this a try. I have been using Adblocker Plus for years on this site, but recently this "vdo.ai" has appeared. Is it ad based? It begun appearing the same time as mine and many others members, past activity vanished......On second thoughts, after reading the linked Reddit page, perhaps I won't.

sounds like you have gotten the blocker settings messed up,

easiest way is to remove and reinstall, default is blocking

On 4/15/2020 at 2:11 PM, rbkk said:

You can add vdo.ai to adblocker.

go to settings

"block an ad by its url"

enter vdo.ai and thaivisa.com

press Block it!

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, dimitriv said:

You can add vdo.ai to adblocker.

go to settings

"block an ad by its url"

enter vdo.ai and thaivisa.com

press Block it!

Thanks for your reply. In Adblock Plus General Settings I havenow unchecked 'Allow acceptable ads' and it's been 5 minutes and it hasn't returned. I'm already blocking TV.(66 ads on this page) but ads by Taboola are displaying on the side still.  What's the URL of vdo.AI?......refreshed and the Taboola ads and vdo.AI have vanished!

Edited by rbkk
update
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rbkk said:

Thanks for your reply. In Adblock Plus General Settings I havenow unchecked 'Allow acceptable ads' and it's been 5 minutes and it hasn't returned. I'm already blocking TV.(66 ads on this page) but ads by Taboola are displaying on the side still.  What's the URL of vdo.AI?......refreshed and the Taboola ads and vdo.AI have vanished!

I wrote too soon. The Taboola ads are gone but the letters 'vdo.AI' and a black 'x' have annoyingly returned.

2 hours ago, rbkk said:

I wrote too soon. The Taboola ads are gone but the letters 'vdo.AI' and a black 'x' have annoyingly returned.

if you go to settings -> Customize and follow what I wrote above everything from vdo.ai will be blocked.

I still have the Taboola ads. But they do not bother me much. 

I've been having real problems trying to post the last few days.  Just managed to post on a thread I stared some time ago, but it took me about 6 attempts.   I am on my 4th attempt to do this post. 

FireFox is my preferred browser, but I tried a new browser install will no extensions or add ons or ad blockers.  Still the same problem.  I even tried to email support, but couldn't.

Whenever I click on a page to read and  maybe post something, the website signs me out.  Sometimes I can quote a post, but there is no Submit Reply icon to click on after I type the post.   

I've tried three different browsers and turned extensions on and off.  Still no good.

Anyone else having these problems?

Is it this black box thing that is making problems for me? 

21 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I've been having real problems trying to post the last few days.  Just managed to post on a thread I stared some time ago, but it took me about 6 attempts.   I am on my 4th attempt to do this post. 

FireFox is my preferred browser, but I tried a new browser install will no extensions or add ons or ad blockers.  Still the same problem.  I even tried to email support, but couldn't.

Whenever I click on a page to read and  maybe post something, the website signs me out.  Sometimes I can quote a post, but there is no Submit Reply icon to click on after I type the post.   

I've tried three different browsers and turned extensions on and off.  Still no good.

Anyone else having these problems?

Is it this black box thing that is making problems for me? 

If all your problems are in relation to only this site,perhaps try to post in the Forum Support Desk https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/19-forum-support-desk/  I have no problems and I even managed to banish the dreaded 'x', with info from this thread. Good luck..... Oh, step one= antivirus scan...

Edited by rbkk

On 4/22/2020 at 10:28 PM, rbkk said:

If all your problems are in relation to only this site,perhaps try to post in the Forum Support Desk https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/19-forum-support-desk/  I have no problems and I even managed to banish the dreaded 'x', with info from this thread. Good luck..... Oh, step one= antivirus scan...

Thanks for your reply.  I managed to message a moderator, after several attempts, who is is contact with Support.  I think the issue I am / was having may be fixed.  I have managed to post a couple of replies on another thread without any grief.