Five panels tasked with rejigging Thai economy

webfact

Five panels tasked with rejigging economy

By THE NATION

800_e0861ffa7afcce6.jpg?v=1586765937

In its first meeting on Monday (April 13), the Covid-19 Situation Administration Centre’s advisory committee set up five sub-committees to come up with plans to solve economic problems.

The advisory panel comprises representatives of the private sector.

The first sub-committee will focus on improving the conditions of soft loans from banks to businesses, while the second will come up with plans for some businesses to resume operations as well as manage the flow of the logistics system. The third sub-committee is tasked with coming up with plans to provide relief to farmers, while the fourth will help small- and medium-sized businesses access loans.

The last sub-committee has been given the job of drawing up a plan to revive the economy once the crisis is over.

The new panels have been given a week to come up with the plans and submit them with the National Economic and Social Development Council, which will then forward them to the Cabinet.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30385899

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-14
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The first sub-committee will focus on improving the conditions of soft loans from banks to businesses, while the second will come up with plans for some businesses to resume operations as well as manage the flow of the logistics system. The third sub-committee is tasked with coming up with plans to provide relief to farmers, while the fourth will help small- and medium-sized businesses access loans.

So, a meeting that came up with the same old thing - LOANS

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The new panels have been given a week to come up with the plans and submit them with the National Economic and Social Development Council, which will then forward them to the Cabinet

steering council who will then pass it on to the secretary fortune teller before final blessing with some water sprayed from one of the drones damping down the particulate dust .. after which even if they come up with stuff , they'll probably do different anyway .. That's what usually happens with committee's ..

• Like 1

We used to have a saying: to look like governemt is working, we need to form anadvisory/committee or inquiry, task it to report in 12 months, by which time things had been forgotten

One wonders who or what each committee reports to, timelines, terms of reference, abilty to call for evidence and submissions

Edited by RJRS1301

32 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

steering council who will then pass it on to the secretary fortune teller before final blessing with some water sprayed from one of the drones damping down the particulate dust .. after which even if they come up with stuff , they'll probably do different anyway .. That's what usually happens with committee's ..

Great timeline one week, they gather a lot factual information, collate and rewrite drafts, very efficient

Must be an abundance of skilled economists available, and demographers also social researchers

No need for committee's or sub committee's just sack half the Generals ,stop pension payments as they have acquired enough money already, halve the size of the armed forces as they haven't fought a war since Christ played fullback for the Jews, forget about new submarines as there won't be enough staff to operate them, then get rid of all the hangers on in Government, Hey presto look at all that money we just saved and it onlt took me and a couple of minutes of thinking.., so now where's my 20million thb bonus

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, a977 said:

No need for committee's or sub committee's just sack half the Generals ,stop pension payments as they have acquired enough money already, halve the size of the armed forces as they haven't fought a war since Christ played fullback for the Jews, forget about new submarines as there won't be enough staff to operate them, then get rid of all the hangers on in Government, Hey presto look at all that money we just saved and it onlt took me and a couple of minutes of thinking.., so now where's my 20million thb bonus

You forgot about the floating airport that isn't really an aircraft carrier.  It's probably still tied up at the same berth I saw it at 8 years ago!   They could lease it to another country that is short of amusement parks and big boys toys......it's just a short tugboat tow to a dozen other countries.

20 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

You forgot about the floating airport that isn't really an aircraft carrier.  It's probably still tied up at the same berth I saw it at 8 years ago!   They could lease it to another country that is short of amusement parks and big boys toys......it's just a short tugboat tow to a dozen other countries.

Did you get to go on-board?

When I went nearly twenty years ago on Chidren's Day, Thais were allowed on but I was refused because I was a foreigner. When I pointed out to the navy staff who prevented me boarding that the half-a-dozen people in front of me who had just boarded were Chinese, I was told, "Chinese OK."