Social Distancers, will you return to the bars?

frantick

48 minutes ago, frantick said:

I believe in personal responsibility. If you want to cover up or hibernate for fear of infection, up to you. I'll take my chances.

The common flu causes death. Did you cover up prior to covid-19? If you didn't and you were near other people while contagious, you could've killed someone.

you'll take your chances? Great. What a brave warrior you are. While you are taking your chances, you are spreading the disease on to others, without even knowing you have it. It's not about YOU and only YOU, it's about other human beings too. Be a decent human being and go hibernate and cover yourself. Don't be a jerk. If everyone is sick, hospitals are so not ready for the amount of people that need treatment. Is that what you want? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

The above post was to answer a post about pattaya bar owner wanting to double drink prices to Bangkok levels,it's getting harder and harder to post on here due to pop ups obscuring the screen

Install opera.
You can buy me a beer later.

Edited by tomacht8

On 4/14/2020 at 7:20 PM, champers said:

I think Thailand will be very picky about who they let into the country. As things stand anyone from the US and Europe can forget coming for a while. China? First ones back.

I don't. They'll still have everyone and anyone, esp when a vaccine is in place. Suggest ensuing hordes of uncouth Chinese keep their heads down, however, or receive some serious flack. The Thais have wised up. 

As for the bars, wouldn't give it a second thought. Life will move on.

Edited by daveAustin

On 4/14/2020 at 8:16 PM, baansgr said:

Some idiot bar owner in Pattaya is already screaming that bars should double their prices to that of Bangkok when they reopen....so yes...will be a very long social diatance

Surely any bar that doubles its prices would remain bereft of customers. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

You sound desperate the world has many amazing spots but u cry about Unable entering thailand .. weird While i’am glad for not being stuck there.

You apparently don't know LOS as well as I. Yes there are amazing spots elsewhere but more amazing spots in LOS than anywhere else I've been, but they have to be found as not on the tourist trail.

The only place that I'd like to live other than LOS is Lakeland in England, but it's ruined by way too many tourists and is far too expensive now.

LOS has the ideal combination of being unpopulated in most areas other than tourist places like Pattaya, weather, and affordability, while still having good healthcare and facilities.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You apparently don't know LOS as well as I. Yes there are amazing spots elsewhere but more amazing spots in LOS than anywhere else I've been, but they have to be found as not on the tourist trail.

The only place that I'd like to live other than LOS is Lakeland in England, but it's ruined by way too many tourists and is far too expensive now.

LOS has the ideal combination of being unpopulated in most areas other than tourist places like Pattaya, weather, and affordability, while still having good healthcare and facilities.

Well don't rush in case you haven’t notice at the moment there’s a lockdown, nasty air pollutions and a virus !!

5 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Social Distancers, will you return to the bars?
Why should I go to the bars?
I have enough phone numbers and contacts for direct invitations.
I don't have to make the detour to see the slow shuffle dancers in bikinis glued on there cell phones.
Wasted time for me.

I would go to the bars for the same reason I don't buy fruit on line. I like to inspect the object I wish to purchase/ rent up close and personal.

The happy ending was for me the END of an enjoyable night out, not the night out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well don't rush in case you haven’t notice at the moment there’s a lockdown, nasty air pollutions and a virus !!

LOS was my dream for a decade before I actually lived there, and now, sadly, it's just a dream. I doubt I'll be returning anytime soon. Not a day goes by I don't regret that. When I had to return to home country my quality of life decreased by at least 50%.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sure, they will return.

They want to go now even w/o SD.

Just read all the past posts from the drinkers who think booze kills the virus. They seem to actually believe it.

It would all be one big crowded party if they had their way and probably will be with any relaxing of the restrictions.

So it seems like it would be shrewd move to pick up a lease for a bar while prices are still not that low and hold it until things get going again. That sounds like the type of customers I would love to have. Lease while there is blood in the streets. 

I don't think the bar industry will ever come back as strong. Prayuth hates it and seems to be more powerful than ever. I remember when people cheered Thaksin being ousted and then things became steadily worse. No way Prayuth loosens his grip after this.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, riclag said:

Not unless they have been inspected and have certificates to prove their establishment has been approved safe!

Its gonna be tough,especially coming to terms with surfaces ,eating utensils,menus bottles,glasses ,tables  and social distancing. Its a new ball game now until the vaccines come out imop

I have  printer and a shop on Khao San what sort of certificate exactly should I sell? Please be exact as I want to make you really reassured. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

Spain portugal malta vietnam panama etc there are lots of options don't just idolize one place and btw in last years this place lost a lot of its charm and shine.

I never wished to visit any of them in the past, so why would I want to now? Spain 555555555555555 I've seen photos of the beaches- I'd cut it off with a rusty razor blade before I went there.

Strangely you seem to assume I'm rich. The truth is I had to leave LOS because I couldn't afford the cost of health insurance. I could afford to live there, but not the cost of insurance, and LOS is not somewhere to be old and uninsured.

LOS has indeed lost its shine for those that don't want to venture out of the tourist areas. Other than them, LOS shines as brightly as ever it did. Sadly, the charm left many years ago, along with the smile, but that didn't stop me wanting to live there.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, daphnia88 said:

you'll take your chances? Great. What a brave warrior you are. While you are taking your chances, you are spreading the disease on to others, without even knowing you have it. It's not about YOU and only YOU, it's about other human beings too. Be a decent human being and go hibernate and cover yourself. Don't be a jerk. If everyone is sick, hospitals are so not ready for the amount of people that need treatment. Is that what you want? 

You are contagious with the common flu about 2 weeks. In about 50 years of work life, I never knew anyone taking more than a couple days off work. So spreading flu for those other days. Were they not 'decent human beings'? People die from the flu.

I will be helping spread immunity to achieve herd immunity. You can hibernate or wear a bubble if you want, as can anyone else. Your life, your choice. Scary huh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frantick said:

You are contagious with the common flu about 2 weeks. In about 50 years of work life, I never knew anyone taking more than a couple days off work. So spreading flu for those other days. Were they not 'decent human beings'? People die from the flu.

I will be helping spread immunity to achieve herd immunity. You can hibernate or wear a bubble if you want, as can anyone else. Your life, your choice. Scary huh.

The thing is people are already in my estimation spreading it intentionally. Easy to do and hard to get caught. 

Edited by Cryingdick

On 4/15/2020 at 4:22 PM, lumply said:

Not caring about Covid-19 is a pretty rash attitude to adopt even in jest. It's also about the people you come into contact with

Come to mention it , i have not been in contact with my wife, for quite a while.

She's  busy in the village , again..

On 4/15/2020 at 1:26 AM, bkk6060 said:

Sure, they will return.

They want to go now even w/o SD.

Just read all the past posts from the drinkers who think booze kills the virus. They seem to actually believe it.

It would all be one big crowded party if they had their way and probably will be with any relaxing of the restrictions.

Don't be so harsh after all nearly all of ur local girlfriends came from there..