Fujitsu Laptops.

WineOh

I have to say so far I am impressed with mine.

It cost me all of 60 quid, runs like a dream with windows 10 and looks like it could survive an atomic bomb.

I got 320gb, 2.5Ghz CPU, 8GB ram upgradeable to 16gb.

It's as smooth as you like, really fast and seems very reliable.

I think I will have this machine for some years to come.

I could have gone for a Macbook air or a HP spectre but why waste thousands when I can get basically the same thing for a fraction of the price?

Anybody else have a Fujitsu or used one before?

I've been on Mac for the past 10 years so going back to windows has been a bit of a transition as I forgot how to use the OS properly ????

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Prey tell what did you get for 60 quid, what model, new or second hand as 60 quid sound awfully cheap for a brand name fujitsu laptop...

not sure what hand it is mate (could be 4th or 5th) ????

model is A357.

Runs great, I'm impressed!

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

looks like good value for small money.

So far so good.

I was seriously looking at the HP Spectre x 360 for a while but thought why pay mad money when can get something decent for the price of a pair of trainers.

9 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

So far so good.

I was seriously looking at the HP Spectre x 360 for a while but thought why pay mad money when can get something decent for the price of a pair of trainers.

You'll appreciate it even more once you swap that 320 GB HDD for an SSD. Even an inexpensive one.

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

You'll appreciate it even more once you swap that 320 GB HDD for an SSD. Even an inexpensive one.

what is an SSD mate?

Is it the same as a USB connected hard drive?

How do SSD's connect with the computer?

5 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

what is an SSD mate?

An SSd replaces the HDD the latter has moving parts the SSD is a solid state drive.

Personally if it aint broke dont mess with it ! You like and are happy as it is. Why go to approaching 50% of the cost of the laptop you paid for that, not needed nor worth it for your use etc. But of course, thats my opinion. Bugs me when people suggest things that cost people money when they havnt asked for it nor need it.

Edited by Black Ops
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

what is an SSD mate?

ssd-plus-sata-iii-ssd-left.png.thumb.128

It is a storage drive with no moving parts, so is more robust and much faster to react than the 50 year old technology(Hard Disk Drive) sitting in your laptop.

Imagine the HDD as a record player(though CD player is probably a better analogy). The head has to seek the place on a magnetic spinning disc to find the right info and load it into RAM. Very slow. Which is why it can take a minute or two to get started on the laptop once you turn it on.

With an SSD, this takes seconds and correspondingly, everything happens much more quickly.

Really allows you to get the best out of older laptops.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Black Ops said:

An SSd replaces the HDD the latter has moving parts the SSD is a solid state drive.

Personally if it aint broke dont mess with it ! You like and are happy as it is. Why go to approaching 50% of the cost of the laptop you paid for that, not needed nor worth it for your use etc. But of course, thats my opinion. Bugs me when people suggest things that cost people money when they havnt asked for it nor need it.

Sorry, but your negativity is neither helpful nor accurate.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it? Cliches are not helpful either.

An SSD costs as little as 600 baht. Hardly half the cost of the laptop.

But the difference in performance is astounding. Ask anyone who has fitted one to a similarly aged laptop.

They will never go back to using HDD once they have got used to SSD.

This is a technical forum, so let's try to give technical advice.

Edited by Eindhoven

3 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

But the difference in performance is astounding. Ask anyone who has fitted one to a similarly aged laptop.

sounds interesting,

How does the SSD connect with the laptop? USB or?

Your at it again I see, giving advice where it wasnt asked for, and costing people money to boot.

At NO point did the OP ask for advice on changing the HDD, nor the benefits of an SSD, you in fact are off topic and I will report your post as such, and attempting to provoke an off topic argument disrupting the OP.

Besides which a comparable size SSD to his current capacity is way in excess of a 1100 baht and given he only paid 2500 for the machine, not economical and NOT ASKED FOR !

Now reporting your Off topic attempt to disrupt this topic.

• Like 1

sounds like you got a bargain

i had one for a while cannot fault the quality built with quality parts and if your not high end gaming if its every day use a i3 / i5 cpu is more than adequate memory upgrades are easy usually cheap

being a fujitsu spare parts are a hassle ie new battery

if your using it at home no problems its probably about 2kg not light

if your not familiar with ssd they are like 8 to 10  times faster than the hard drive you have 
a basic 120 about 12-15 quid
you would need an external usb caddy hard drive to stick in the ssd
get a clone program
clone the drive switch it over
its a night and day thing as far as hard drive speed as far as hard drives are concerned
easy if you know what your doing since you did not know what an ssd was ...
find someone who does and that laptop will easy give you three years of life

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

sounds interesting,

How does the SSD connect with the laptop? USB or?

I'll check your particular model, but usually in models of that age, there is a dedicated hatch on the underside of the laptop.

A couple of screws and you can take out the old HDD and slot in the new.

The best time to do this is before you have put a lot of data on the old HDD.

Blacks Ops didn't do this and so subsequently failed in her attempt to swap her HDD to an SSD.

You won't fail as you won't insist on trying to clone the contents of your old HDD to the new SSD.

In that case, unless you know what you are doing, it can fail. 

In your case, it is simply a matter of swapping the drives and then cleaning installing the Operating System.

Easy for us to talk you through the process if you care to listen.

Anyone not running with an SSD in this day and age is simply living in the past. It is such a big step forward and eliminates so many of the issues that people used to have with Windows.

But of course, if you aren't up to it, you don't have to do it. But it is highly recommended going forward.

• Like 1

But of course, if you aren't up to it, you don't have to do it. But it is highly recommended going forward.

Thanks for the info mate.

I will look into SSD's a bit more and see if it is worth switching over.

3 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I'll check your particular model, but usually in models of that age, there is a dedicated hatch on the underside of the laptop.

A couple of screws and you can take out the old HDD and slot in the new.

The best time to do this is before you have put a lot of data on the old HDD.

Blacks Ops didn't do this and so subsequently failed in her attempt to swap her HDD to an SSD.

You won't fail as you won't insist on trying to clone the contents of your old HDD to the new SSD.

In that case, unless you know what you are doing, it can fail. 

In your case, it is simply a matter of swapping the drives and then cleaning installing the Operating System.

Easy for us to talk you through the process if you care to listen.

Anyone not running with an SSD in this day and age is simply living in the past. It is such a big step forward and eliminates so many of the issues that people used to have with Windows.

Dead wrong (as usual) I had a minor software issue that was resolved, thanks to member here, and the installation was and is a complete success without your interference.

1 minute ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Here's an inexpensive example from a reliable supplier; https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/solid-state-drives-ssd/lite-on/mu-3-series-120gb-3d-nand-sata-iii-ssd-2-5inch-ph6-ce120-l-p049283/

Though you can find cheaper models on Shopee etc

Just come back to ask any questions you like and if you decide to go for it, we can guide you through the process. It's not difficult, if you know how. We can tell you how.

The people who fail are the people who refuse to listen.

6 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Here is a good video that illustrates the difference in performance when swapping an HDD for an SSD..

Click on the video to play it;

15 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Don't neglect to check post #11, concerning the battery recall.

Not much I can do concerning battery recall as i bought it ( at least) 2nd hand.. they said it had been refurbished so hopefully the battery issue was taken care of beforehand.

only time will tell though ????

37 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Not much I can do concerning battery recall as i bought it ( at least) 2nd hand.. they said it had been refurbished so hopefully the battery issue was taken care of beforehand.

only time will tell though ????

Hmmmm....let's not do hopefully. Check the battery part number against the list they provide.

Will give you peace of mind if yours is not included.

You can use the Ctrl + F function to do the comparison quickly and efficiently.

Edited by Eindhoven