PEA Electric Meter Rebate

fulhamster

My wife applied online for the meter rebate from the P.E.A.

Some of our neighbours have already received theirs.

We don't have PromptPay so asked for it to go into our Kasikorn a/c

Is there a helpline that my wife could call, can't see anything on their website ??

Thanks

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

My wife applied online for the meter rebate from the P.E.A.

Some of our neighbours have already received theirs.

We don't have PromptPay so asked for it to go into our Kasikorn a/c

Is there a helpline that my wife could call, can't see anything on their website ??

Thanks

What is a meter rebate and should we all get one ?

2 minutes ago, NE1 said:

What is a meter rebate and should we all get one ?

They are giving back  deposits paid for electricity meters,

so for a 5/15 amp meter you'll receive a whopping 300 baht   also if using 5/15 amp meter and using less than 90 units of electricity (previously 50 units) then that electricity is free   use more than 90 and you pay

have a bigger meter then pay no discounts.  

If you  don't pay and they confiscate the meter you'll have to pay  the meter deposit again to get your meter back !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We got comformation from the Pea on phone   and had to take  the partners mother to 7/11 with id card they put in a cardmachine like a pin card    they checked te d nr and took picture     paid up 2000

remember who first registered the meter or has the meter in his/her name  gets the money back  

19 hours ago, johng said:

They are giving back  deposits paid for electricity meters,

so for a 5/15 amp meter you'll receive a whopping 300 baht   also if using 5/15 amp meter and using less than 90 units of electricity (previously 50 units) then that electricity is free   use more than 90 and you pay

have a bigger meter then pay no discounts.  

If you  don't pay and they confiscate the meter you'll have to pay  the meter deposit again to get your meter back !

My partner and I have been applying to get our meter refunds and each is worth a lot more than 300 baht.  I think most of them have been for 2000 baht--these are for condos we have owned, not houses.  One was for 6000 baht.  Some we did in person at the PEA office and some my partner did on-line.  The biggest refund will be for 15,000 baht for our current condo--which for some reason was right at the top of the deposit chart for the maximum amount--which we couldn't understand the reason for since it is a 1 bedroom condo.  Still, nice to get the refunded money.

3 hours ago, Estrada said:

My wife applied online and she also complained that some friends have received their meter deposits already. We checked on 14th April on line and there are two cash amounts shown totalling B2,000 "In process".

Where did you check online ??

14 minutes ago, topt said:

I was not aware of that - any link to where to see the process for this thanks?

There's a thread somewhere.

Madam got back 2k from PEA ('lectric) and is due 150 Baht from PWA (water).

Here we go:-

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

There's a thread somewhere.

Madam got back a whole 150 Baht from PWA (water) and 2k from PEA ('lectric).

Electric I knew about but had missed about water.

After posting I suddenly thought I don't even remember the deposit on the water meter which means it must have been minimal so thanks for confirming. (My electric deposit was 6k so worth it if I could access it which is another story.......)

I reckon the electric company missed an opportunity here. If they had refunded the money by deducting the sum from the bill, then they would have been only down the wholesale cost of the electricity. 

If that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...