Why did you guys chose to live in Thailand but not Australia?

Lemonlime

thailand is warmer, i guess north australia is ok also

but thailand is very popular destination for holiday,

so it had a head start in my selection process.

back when i decided thailand also had decisively

price advantage

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 2

Beers cheap once you get used to putting ice in it and its ok rents $200 a month compared  with $300 a week! electricity  $30 a month in Aussie $300 a month you loose on the exchange rate at the moment but it's still cheap when you are on the pension

• Like 2

I was going to answer with a stupid remark about "Why only 2 choices when there are so many other countries?", but I won't.

For those of you who like Leo: Why do you like Leo and not Guinness?

Edited by petedk
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, petedk said:

For those of you who like Leo: Why do you like Leo and not Guinness?

i like sweet light pilsner type of beer, i cant bear dark bitter stuff. my fave is anchor in cambodia, but that is about the only good thing about cambodia

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Agree that some fun is more affordable here, but there is a painful counterpart: the obnoxious Thai xenophobia,

Go to Lakemba in Sydney's inner west, there you are treated as a leper unless you are Muslim

Every country has its bad points

For me its wifes siblings,  or as I call them the give me give me's

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Go to Lakemba in Sydney's inner west, there you are treated as a leper unless you are Muslim

Every country has its bad points

For me its wifes siblings,  or as I call them the give me give me's

Agree every country has it's bad points, but Lakemba ain't that bad, mum lived there from 1990 till she went into a nursing home in 2017.

I have walked the streets of Lakemba many times, especially down Haldon Street, which is the main drag, and no issues, but then again, I look like a w.o.g. so I suppose for a fair skinned Ozzie, you would stand out like dogs balls and feel out of place.

Alla what's his face.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

Beers cheap once you get used to putting ice in it and its ok rents $200 a month compared  with $300 a week! electricity  $30 a month in Aussie $300 a month you loose on the exchange rate at the moment but it's still cheap when you are on the pension

Electricity depends where you are. On the gold coast due to a perfect climate means using AC 3 WEEK'S of the year .Never seen 300 bucks. Great transport system with subsidised fares so no car . would need to go share accommodation though with a 30 % rent assistance . wine is silly cheap and not illegal to home brew beer like here.

Its very doable

Forgot to mention deli food and cheeses!

Most expats think a mountain of boiled rice with an egg  or 50 grams of pork mince on top is amaaaazing lol it's 40 baht for good reason, its sugary msg garbage

I see not a single post on health insurance the biggest expense god forbid one ends up on a ventilators= minimum 1 mill

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

I see not a single post on health insurance the biggest expense god forbid one ends up on a ventilators= minimum 1 mill

Aussies have medicare mate, and also when they go on holiday to a friendly nation they will get free? healthcare there as well. Are you an aussie?

Just now, fruitman said:

But but @madmen has never met an aussie with a healthcare insurance as he wrote....and i think he is one of them.

It's free if you are happy to be put on a waiting list for non-emergency treatment and take whatever doctor is available, and dental treatment costs are prohibitive.

1 hour ago, GalaxyMan said:

Not in Isaan. You need to listen to some Mor Lam music. That's the best Thailand has. ????

Maybe he never go concert?

Morlam sing!!!

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

Aussies have medicare mate, and also when they go on holiday to a friendly nation they will get free? healthcare there as well. Are you an aussie?

these countries have reciprocal health arrangements with Australia.

7 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I meant in Thailand sorry bad wording