Need to find a package at customs

kingstonkid

HI. I purchased some things online and am told bey the sender that they are at customs here in Thailand.

I called the customs 1164 number but that was only for postal.  

These are supposed to be coming by courier from China

DDP if that helps anyone.

Can someone give me advise on how to locate them or get them from customs

What info does customs need and where would I go to check or phone.

If it helps and people can advise the package is 10  digital thermometers

Edited by kingstonkid

I would wait for a few days and see if it clears through on its own, my experience with this is it usually takes a few days to clear and then makes it way to you or to your local Posts Office where any duty that may be due can be paid on it. If there is no duty it should be delivered as normal.

Has it been "in customs" very long ? bare in mind the covid -19 may be delaying things slightly too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I would wait for a few days and see if it clears through on its own, my experience with this is it usually takes a few days to clear and then makes it way to you or to your local Posts Office where any duty that may be due can be paid on it. If there is no duty it should be delivered as normal.

Has it been "in customs" very long ? bare in mind the covid -19 may be delaying things slightly too.

It was sent to here on the 28th of march  Is there anyway to track it the tracking number china gave me is not big enough for any of the Thai couriers

Ddp are horrible, used them twice. They are at customs because you will have to pay import duty.

They would send me an email when my packages were at customs. Then i would have to contact customs and pay the import tax. 

Contact dpd and get the contact details for who is dealing with the packages at customs. Took me a couple emails and a bank transfer to get my stuff delivered.

23 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Ddp are horrible, used them twice. They are at customs because you will have to pay import duty.

They would send me an email when my packages were at customs. Then i would have to contact customs and pay the import tax. 

Contact dpd and get the contact details for who is dealing with the packages at customs. Took me a couple emails and a bank transfer to get my stuff delivered.

Thanks for the info have contacted them via their contact page,  I don't suppose there is a Thai number to call

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Charlie is there a way to contact customs to see if they have it or do I have to wait for them to contact me.  

I just had stuff come in from the UK and USA this week. Customs are a nightmare  at this time. Not enough work to keep them busy. What normally goes straight through immediately  is taking a few days. With them asking for an import licence for a tin of car wax.  Just be patient and it should happen as the guys in China generally  go for the cheapest price and it takes ages.

8 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Charlie is there a way to contact customs to see if they have it or do I have to wait for them to contact me.  

The only number I am aware of is the number you have already tried, sorry.

11 hours ago, uncleP said:

I just had stuff come in from the UK and USA this week. Customs are a nightmare  at this time. Not enough work to keep them busy. What normally goes straight through immediately  is taking a few days. With them asking for an import licence for a tin of car wax.  Just be patient and it should happen as the guys in China generally  go for the cheapest price and it takes ages.

Thanks

44 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Did you manage to get through to them?

Will see if i can find my emails for them.

DDP the courier is not what I want it is Delivered Duty Paid. 

Yes thanks I got ahold of them but then realized the difference.

Thanks anyway