Lazada extends help to small businesses with new package

webfact

By THE NATION

800_3ed2c97b10f5a06.jpg?v=1587027369

Online marketplace Lazada is launching campaigns, like the SME Stimulus Package, to help at least 50,000 small businesses across the nation to pull through the Covid-19 crisis.

The campaign, in which all commission and fees will be waived from April 15 to May 15, is applicable to existing Lazada partners as well as new ones, chief marketing officer Paradee Sinthawanarong said.

The businesses will also be allowed access to other Lazada services such as the live streaming application LazLive.

The e-commerce platform also launched the YesICan campaign in the beginning of this month to encourage entrepreneurs to switch to selling online.

With people having to stay at home to prevent the spread of the virus, up to 60 per cent more customers are visiting Lazada, and are spending at least 11 minutes browsing the website on average.

Over the past month, up to 26,000 new businesses have joined Lazada, bringing the total number of businesses showcasing their products on the website up to 200,000.

“Lazada has experienced overall growth from mid-March to mid-April,” Paradee said, adding that Lazada orders rose by 100 per cent while the trading value increased by 130 per cent compared to February and March. The best-selling products are electric appliances, kitchenware and toys.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386133

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-17

5 hours ago, webfact said:

This company like Amazon or Alibaba is doing a huge damage to trade called "proximity";
if people continue to buy massively on the internet they will in fact create millions of additional unemployed people in order to want to make "candle-in" savings;
especially that we do not know, in fact, what we buy ..
I am one of the people who likes to touch, weigh, take charge in order to know if it will suit me;
even if it means paying a little more and also making sure that the store next to my house does not close because it has no more buyers.
and then buy Chinese from a Chinese seller; there are some who like to get their ass kicked and who want more!

• Like 1

Lazada in many instances as a seller is useless and pointless, there are far too many people selling the same thing now, the chances of your item getting selected are very very slim. If you search for some items you will see thousands of results and some a whole page of the same seller with same item at varying prices. Its not well run at all.

Like Google you need to pay pay pay to get on that first page.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Who is he ?

Bruce Lee ? Chuck Norris ? JCVD ? or maybe IP Man ? 

Your guess is as good as mine.

Because someone mention 'Marshall Law', in my mind I had the image of someone from an old western movie. That was why I googled looking for an image, not a definition of the phrase.

Chuck Norris always sounds like something you do, rather than someone's name.

IP Man: I remember his ID card is: 49.228.178.227

About an old western movie there is a new one about Bass Reeves 

Bass Reeves (July 1838 – January 12, 1910) was an American law enforcement officer. He was the first black deputy U.S. marshal west of the Mississippi River. He worked mostly in Arkansas and the Oklahoma Territory. During his long career, he was credited with arresting more than 3,000 felons. He shot and killed 14 people in self-defense. "

• Thanks 1

The problem on Lazada is the influx of Alibaba sellers that we didn't see 2 years ago. Local sellers now have a huge competition from Chinese sellers, that sell their product 20-40% cheaper. Exact same Nike copy sneakers: Phuket seller 1,500 baht vs Chinese seller 970 baht. Many accept 2 weeks later delivery and save 530 baht.

Are local sellers too greedy in their profit (hypothetical question), or are chinese sellers selling almost at no profit, to undermine local sellers?

This year too many sellers in China has been unable to ship my orders, so I try by from local sellers if price difference is less than 10% (seldom).

The huge problem is that we go straight into the wall if we continue to live like this;
the internet is doomed to transform quickly if not it will suffocate;
the cloud and huge warehouses that contain thousands of super processors consume a lot of current; sooner or later the Islamists or other bombers will find it much more interesting to blow up these buildings rather than sending crazy people to kill two or three passers-by with a knife, shouting allah akbar ...

I am living on the countryside and have used Lazada a lot.

But Lazada got big problems with their delieveries now, every second order I have maked on Lazada the last 4 month has been canceled from Lazada.

After 3-4 weeks waiting for the goods, they cancel the order. I could understand if they have reasons to cancel short time after the order, but wait 3-4 weeks for a cancelation that is waist of time and without respect for the customers.

54 minutes ago, finnsk said:

I am living on the countryside and have used Lazada a lot.

But Lazada got big problems with their delieveries now, every second order I have maked on Lazada the last 4 month has been canceled from Lazada.

After 3-4 weeks waiting for the goods, they cancel the order. I could understand if they have reasons to cancel short time after the order, but wait 3-4 weeks for a cancelation that is waist of time and without respect for the customers.

Some of the local sellers can be a bit of a pain in regards to delivery. They send on the last due day of delivery. It becomes a habit with them. [eg Get by 2 Apr - 7 Apr, they'd send 7 Apr and you'd maybe get by 9-10 Apr]. Other sellers:  you'd get by 2 Apr.

I remember before Xmas an order had not come, so I contacted Lazada and told them to cancel the order and to credit my wallet with the refund [I prepay for convenience]. "OK, we will do that." Lo and behold, that very afternoon there was an email advice that the articles had just been picked up by logistics and would be delivered soon. I don't wait anymore. 1-2 days late...I contact Lazada.

You have to choose your seller.

• Like 1

Type any big brand name in lazada and you'll find loads of fake goods. I can't grasp why this is allowed by china, if Trump sees it he has another stick to hit. Try it, adidas, Tume, Nike, Under Armor, louis vuiton, versace , victorinox and so on..all fake.

And the funny thing is that when you try this out of europe lazada won't work and not show them...but in thailand it has ALL brands copy copy, delivered from china.

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

VITAMIX เครื่องปั่นไวตามิกซ์ – เดอะ ไควเอ็ท วัน

How can this cost 65,000 baht, are they mad?

I always search using high price to low price algorithm. That way I get a feeling for what the cheap <deleted> is in comparison.

Is the price too high? Well maybe there's a lazy rich person who just buys it and doesn't care to pay more. This thing has a computer inside so it's more than a cheap mixer. Even simple blenders can cost a lot though. Cheap ones like Otto can catch fire when unused, i read that already.

Saw a new package in UK for delivering wine. Tall thin bottles which will go through your letter box. 

I suppose like a small bottle of Sang Som, if anybody bothers with them.    PML

Edited by stouricks

9 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

About an old western movie there is a new one about Bass Reeves 

Bass Reeves (July 1838 – January 12, 1910) was an American law enforcement officer. He was the first black deputy U.S. marshal west of the Mississippi River. He worked mostly in Arkansas and the Oklahoma Territory. During his long career, he was credited with arresting more than 3,000 felons. He shot and killed 14 people in self-defense. "

your tab would read better as 

"All mushrooms are edible;
some are only once"

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

The problem on Lazada is the influx of Alibaba sellers that we didn't see 2 years ago. Local sellers now have a huge competition from Chinese sellers, that sell their product 20-40% cheaper. Exact same Nike copy sneakers: Phuket seller 1,500 baht vs Chinese seller 970 baht. Many accept 2 weeks later delivery and save 530 baht.

Are local sellers too greedy in their profit (hypothetical question), or are chinese sellers selling almost at no profit, to undermine local sellers?

This year too many sellers in China has been unable to ship my orders, so I try by from local sellers if price difference is less than 10% (seldom).

ditto ! I promised myself to never buy from aliexpress anymore! When I shop at lazda, I go with the local shops vs coming from China

3 hours ago, riclag said:

ditto ! I promised myself to never buy from aliexpress anymore! When I shop at lazda, I go with the local shops vs coming from China

From what I've seen on Lazada, buying 'locally' usually means someone in Thailand is selling on the Chinese made goods at a slightly higher price, but with a better delivery time - usually.

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

From what I've seen on Lazada, buying 'locally' usually means someone in Thailand is selling on the Chinese made goods at a slightly higher price, but with a better delivery time - usually.

I understand that. I like the delry time.  My last two times I have requested refunds because

alibaba buyer protection was running out and at the same time the Ems tracking was always unavailable! 

Now, I will be looking at "made in anywhere  but China"

Edited by riclag