Australian Embassy - upcoming flight between Bangkok and Sydney

AussieBob18

18 hours ago, Olmate said:

Thanks for the post,it seems Syd to bkk was announced as well to get Thai folk home, cost about 1200aud.

18 hours ago, Olmate said:

Thanks for the post,it seems Syd to bkk was announced as well to get Thai folk home, cost about 1200aud.

Must be Qantas at that price.

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

Timing suggests there will be no commercial fights for some time. Depending on the price could be a good option for those that must leave and they get to beat the booze ban by 5 days, win win !

Can go via SriLanka Air for about same price ,not direct tho.

To me AU$1200 sounds expensive for a one way ticket to Australia.

Compared to the UK government organised flights back to the UK for about 120 pounds per person.

Still it's better than on Qatar via Doha, Bangkok to Auckland at NZ$3330 per person one way. I just can't afford for my family to fly home.

Too bad the NZ government can't organise something almost affordable.

Edited by Billthekiwi
Re-worded

that's what I normally pay for a return air fare, but please note that price is for the Sydney - BKK flight for Thais returning home. A bloody rip off at AUD $1200.00 if you ask me. God knows how much they'll expect people to pay for BKK -  Sydney.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, steve187 said:

where are the details of these flights please

You won't get them unless your registered, they then will send out the details via email, you can't buy tickets on the Thai Airways website.

Registration
Please register your name, contact details and other details with the Australian Embassy’s consular team by sending an email to [email protected]. This will enable us to contact you should we become aware of any travel possibilities.

Edited by geoff65
Add Info

I'm not moving, I consider I am safer here. I hope those clamoring for tickets realize there is 14 days of quarantine waiting for them, and they won't be able to get back into Thailand for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

that's what I normally pay for a return air fare, but please note that price is for the Sydney - BKK flight for Thais returning home. A bloody rip off at AUD $1200.00 if you ask me. God knows how much they'll expect people to pay for BKK -  Sydney.

Definitely a ripoff and price gouging. More than the price of a return ticket travelling both ways which is something like $800-$900 return.  The Aussie government should investigate them for this, and take action. Just like action was being taken against people selling toilet paper, masks and hand sanitiser above usual market rates.

Edited by bbi1

Hot off the press

UNCLASSIFIED

Good afternoon

Thank you for registering your details with the Australian Embassy in Bangkok and Consulate-General in Phuket.

You may have seen on our Facebook page Australia in Thailand  that Thai Airways will be operating a direct flight from Bangkok to Sydney on 25 April. Thai Airways have asked that this Embassy provide them with a manifest of 306 passengers.  In compiling this manifest, our starting point is that we have well over 2000 people registered, 641 of whom have indicated that they would like to return to Australia. The flight will be available to Australian citizens and their immediate family (spouse and children), in the first instance.

If your immediate family are not Australian citizens,permanent residents, or a New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia, they can only come to Australia in limited circumstances. These are provided on the Home Affairs COVID-19 page. You must seek an exemption to the travel ban prior to travel, using the form here. Your family will be unable to travel until the Department of Home Affairs advises them they can. As such you are encouraged to submit an online visitor visa application and seek the exemption (using the form in the link) ASAP.  The Embassy’s Consular team is unable to assist in relation to visa or travel ban exemption requests.

Thai Airways will not use their normal ticketing system for this flight. The price for the tickets is 26760 THB(about AUD1300). The payment method is still being finalised though you will likely need to have a credit card and/or be able to go into a Thai bank to deposit funds in a Thai Airways account. Further details will be provided shortly.  

You must undertake a mandatory 14-day quarantine at designated facilities in your port of arrival (Sydney, in this case)

If you would like to register your interest for his flight,you must respond to this email by midday on Monday 20 April.

Please provide the following information of each passenger:

Full name:

Date of birth:

Passport number:

If not an Australian citizen, please note the relationship to the Australian citizen and the visa status in Australia:

We will be in further contact with passengers with details on how to pay for the flight. If you are in the Phuket region, please refer to our Facebook pageAustralia in Thailand for information on how to travel to Bangkok. We have also provided information on how to travel to Bangkok from some other locations - but in all cases you will need to check with airlines and relevant authorities direct about the these travel arrangements.

Take care and stay safe

Australian Embassy, Bangkok

Australian Consulate-General Phuket

Smartraveller_Primary_300dpi

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Billthekiwi said:

To me AU$1200 sounds expensive for a one way ticket to Australia.

Compared to the UK government organised flights back to the UK for about 120 pounds per person.

Still it's better than on Qatar via Doha, Bangkok to Auckland at NZ$3330 per person one way. I just can't afford for my family to fly home.

The Aussies in India would love to pay $1200 for a one way ticket. The embassy tells us they can't make it cheaper than 5k one way. Which raises the question how come before the corona one can get return tickets for $800-900, now with the cheap fuel all of a sudden 5k one way is the break even price. For 300 hundred passengers flight that's 1.5 millions gross revenue return!

Lufthansa flies out the Germans for around 500 euro.

BTW the UK repatriation tickets here are 680 pounds, not 120.

On top of that Barry O'Farrell tells us that we may not end up in our home state....14 days quarantine there, and maybe 14 days more when we go to our home state.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

What I wanna know is the important stuff like is booze included? I can easy drink 200 AUD of wine to help offset the ticket price

Breaking the booze ban which could easy be extended to may 30 makes this flight very appealing

I don't know if you've heard, but the airline attendants control how much alcohol any passenger consumes on a flight. The son of an acquaintance got aggressive about it on a trip, and was lucky to avoid a jail sentence.

Does alcohol really mean all that much to you, or are you just trolling?

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know if you've heard, but the airline attendants control how much alcohol any passenger consumes on a flight. The son of an acquaintance got aggressive about it on a trip, and was lucky to avoid a jail sentence.

Far out! Having a laugh I,d guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

The Aussies in India would love to pay $1200 for a one way ticket. The embassy tells us they can't make it cheaper than 5k one way. Which raises the question how come before the corona one can get return tickets for $800-900, now with the cheap fuel all of a sudden 5k one way is the break even price. For 300 hundred passengers flight that's 1.5 millions gross revenue return!

Lufthansa flies out the Germans for around 500 euro.

BTW the UK repatriation tickets here are 680 pounds, not 120.

On top of that Barry O'Farrell tells us that we may not end up in our home state....14 days quarantine there, and maybe 14 days more when we go to our home state.

It’s a charter flight ,nowhere near the same as a schedule flight re costings I guess.  Watch the Embassy video for some idea of the complications involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

What is wrong with you?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Billthekiwi said:

FYI, the Thai Embassy in Wellington is organising a flight on Monday, April 27, for Thai citizens to fly from Auckland to Bangkok. Prices not fixed yet but the embassy said in its Facebook post that one-way tickets will cost in the range of 50,000 - 60,000 baht per person. This will presumably either be a Thai Airways plane flying down from Bangkok to pick them up or an Air NZ plane chartered to fly them up. One imagines there will be a flight back from BKK to AKL. You might want to get in contact and see if they have any info on the return flight.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:14 PM, TigerandDog said:

that's what I norm ally pay for a return air fare, but please note that price is for the Sydney - BKK flight for Thais returning home. A bloody rip off at AUD $1200.00 if you ask me. God knows how much they'll expect people to pay for BKK -  Sydney.

It's actually twice what I pay for a return flight, BKK-Melbourne.