Songkran 2020 is the best one ever

fforest1

12 hours ago, fforest1 said:

...I have not got one drop of water on me yet....I have not had to fear that I will get assaulted the minute I walk out the door...

Did you actually go out of the door? Not after 10pm I wager. I get that your OP is tongue in cheek, but the situation is more glum  than you paint it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I first booked a flight from Utapao to Saigon with Vietjet they stopped flying that route and I had to wait 6 weeks for a refund. Then, again to avoid songkran, I booked a flight to Manilla on 15th April for 10 days back in February. That flight also got cancelled as Thailand began to stop all incoming flights. PAL airlines will take 3 months to refund me. But at least I will get a refund on a non refundable ticket and have avoided the worst excesses of Songkran. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, petermik said:

You two miserable old bu**ers,scared of a little water :cheesy:

But I have to agree....:thumbsup:

I am not scared of water, but no farang will ever throw any water over me without risking a sore face.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

dirty, probably disease ridden water, fired often from a large over powerful water gun, at motorcyles and passing cars, yep,  reslly good fun 

You forgot to mention the ice water at -500C. I became Frankenstein so many times last year. Nuts on my neck.

42 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You do know that Songkran is postponed,not cancelled? 

how can you have a 'New Year' when it isn't 'New Year'? They may have a new festoval at some time, but it won't be Songkran.  In any event, don't they have enough already? 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

You forgot to mention the ice water at -500C. I became Frankenstein so many times last year. Nuts on my neck.

That some damn chilly watery.......... how do they get it to -500C and remain liquid ?

Is this topic even allowed??? Bragging about how quiet everything is on Songkran during an international tragedy? This is destroying the world economy but I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it probably no different than any other holiday for some. This is a pretty shameful statement I’m glad you had a nice quiet holiday because of a deadly pathogen. 

Edited by TikiT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

That some damn chilly watery.......... how do they get it to -500C and remain liquid ?

Always one in the crowd. Seriously don't know why I bother to joke on TVF.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TikiT said:

Is this topic even allowed??? Bragging about how quiet everything is on Songkran during an international tragedy? This is destroying the world economy but I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it probably no different than any other holiday for some. This is a pretty shameful statement I’m glad you had a nice quiet holiday because of a deadly pathogen. 

I guess the same way Songkran is celebrated each year and hundreds more die on the roads because of it over the holiday period.

Edited by Dazinoz
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

how can you have a 'New Year' when it isn't 'New Year'? They may have a new festoval at some time, but it won't be Songkran.  In any event, don't they have enough already? 

Because Its these Thais take every advantage to celebrate a holiday even if its not their holiday like Christmas which they dont even know anything about it except santa clause. Don't think moving songkron a few months up the calendar is going to effect anyone one.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, time2093 said:

Because Its these Thais take every advantage to celebrate a holiday even if its not their holiday like Christmas which they dont even know anything about it except santa clause. Don't think moving songkron a few months up the calendar is going to effect anyone one.

As it is tied to Buddha's Birthday, that doen't make sense.  

• Confused 1