Songkran 2020 is the best one ever

fforest1

If they used clean filtered bottle water, I would love it. But they dont. One day in the city (CM) we saw them filling buckets and guns from the moat - we stayed home for that one, and everyone thereafter.  At best they are filled form local water taps - would you drink that stuff?  You supporters of the water 'sharing' do know that water can transmit infections like cholera and viruses like Covid right? Stay locked up with no complaints because of a bad flu virus - but accept dirty/**** water being thrown over you and in the face - interesting logic.

Edited by AussieBob18
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, OnTheGround said:

Add on curfew from 2200 and these days has been a blast - of silence. Can buy food daytime. No retard loud racing all night long. No karaoke bar blasting horrible wannabe singers.

Didn't enjoy songkran when I was in my 30s and moved here. Sure don't miss it now either.

Songkran 2020 is the best ever -:)

best for me too and I think many many others

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malibukid said:

it's not the Thai's that are the problem,  it's the drunk Falangs who act like idiots.

no, the vast majority targeting my eyes in order to blind me when i drive motorcycle so i get an accident are thais,

a surprisingly large numbers of these are below 8, which makes me suspect

humans by instinct recognize eyes to be particularly vulnerable

Edited by brokenbone

23 minutes ago, Xavier1 said:

Are you serious? Yeah I’m sure it’ll also be a nice quiet summer in Tokyo as well now that the Olympics are also cancelled this really is an extremely sick topic and anyone who would even think of something like this is pretty disgusting. 

But it is seriously the best Songkran I've ever had !!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Xavier1 said:

Are you serious? Yeah I’m sure it’ll also be a nice quiet summer in Tokyo as well now that the Olympics are also cancelled this really is an extremely sick topic and anyone who would even think of something like this is pretty disgusting. 

Thank you! I’ve been living here for the better part of a decade now and it’s like this every year. Some farungs apparently think they are too good to go out and get a little wet on Songkran ????. I know lot’s of negativity right. 

Edited by TikiT
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

What silliness....some people just don't want to have water thrown over them repetitively by infantile adults. Staying home and letting them get on with it doesn't include a sense of superiority!

Then stay home. Or maybe fly there. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TikiT said:

You could take a walk around your area in Thailand and ask every single business owner if they need a hug. No idea how serious this is. 

Heck no, most don't even wear masks! Scared they might throw water over me today too!

Today 19th is the traditionally  best/worst water throwing day in Pattaya "Wun Lai" 

I wonder if there is a single person  throwing water this year ?  ????

My Thai family have only done the traditional  "bless the oldies with a sprinkle of water"  even the kids are not playing with water..just staying indoors on their phones !!!!!!

46 minutes ago, TikiT said:

Then stay home. Or maybe fly there. 

i got too much pain to bend over and cook,

ergo i must leave my condo to feed.

the crowd feel they have the right to attack me as i drive my motorcycle

to somewhere i can get food, they invariably target my eyes

for the purpose of inflicting pain, temporary blindness, and accident as a result of driving blinded.

why wont you scum play with each other and leave those that dont give consent alone ?

and why is your priority always to attack motorcyclists ?

why do you attack motorcyclists at all ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2020 at 10:29 PM, OnTheGround said:

Add on curfew from 2200 and these days has been a blast - of silence. Can buy food daytime. No retard loud racing all night long. No karaoke bar blasting horrible wannabe singers.

Didn't enjoy songkran when I was in my 30s and moved here. Sure don't miss it now either.

Songkran 2020 is the best ever -:)

Introducing a 1am permanent curfew maybe a great idea. 

All year round. 

If you can't have your fun by then, something is wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Xavier1 said:

Yes exactly not to mention the fact that the world death toll is pretty high because of this but they sure are happy about it on this topic. 

17 million deaths in the world since January 1st.... 160,000 WuFlu deaths, barely a blip in the stats !!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TikiT said:

This is just disgusting to me that people are so gleeful about this world tragedy this is not a good thing that they canceled the biggest holiday of the year you know. This is destroying everyone’s way of life and there is not a damn thing funny about it!! But I’m glad some of you are happy when others are losing everything because of this mess!! You ought to be ashamed of yourself for bringing up this topic. 

Killing people is a way of life is it?

I am so happy that i have the intelligence to abstain from this "way of life" every year.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TikiT said:

You’ve been posting how happy about it you’ve been repetitively. 

Well it is the best songkran ive had to date...... not sure how you get "I'am happy" a few have died from that but anyways.... up to  you !!

I'am happy the annual slaughter on the roads is down though !!

Edited by Don Mega
  • Confused 2

On 4/17/2020 at 6:34 PM, fforest1 said:

I have not got one drop of water on me yet

Neither had I. Until the heavens opened round my way last Monday, that is. First time I actually recall that happening on 13th April ever since moving out here in 2008!

Sad in a way.

Way too many days here in Pattaya but I do enjoy mingling on beach road with the beautiful girls half naked and wet, it’s got an erotic factor.

The only good was the water wastage, we didn’t have any water, the reservoirs were dry, probably would have had to truck the water in.

As far as I am concerned, nothing can beat that annual ritualistic nonsense which takes place overnight between 31st December and 1st January for insufferability, not even Songkran. And, unfortunately, there's no escaping it wherever we choose to find ourselves on this great planet of ours either!

Edited by OJAS