Big bike speed

Kwasaki

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Had a ninja 650 not the fastest bike around but i would seldom pass the 130-140 fasted i did was 170 and it scared me. The bike could have gone faster. Just not worth it for me i feel too vulnerable on the bike. With a car its a different thing. 

Kwaka Ninja 650 twin I like em. ????

2 hours ago, johng said:

Me too except my misses looked the same she was in the back when scabby soi dog run out..not sure a bigger bike would have helped except maybe kill the poor mutt outright instead of it being in pain for hours.

Buy your Mrs a Versys.????

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

google says my old K1 was good for 278km/h... I saw north of 200km/h many times.............. but never wound it out.... care factor of what the actual GPS speed is exactly zero.

Tacho's don't display speed by the way.

286 kph.

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

A long time ago, a Rally driving mate of mine once  said 

" Anybody at all can drive really fast, but it takes somebody special to stop in time "

The same applies to Bikes me thinks.

Correct. ????

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Had a ninja 650 not the fastest bike around but i would seldom pass the 130-140 fasted i did was 170 and it scared me. The bike could have gone faster. Just not worth it for me i feel too vulnerable on the bike. With a car its a different thing. 

You're right, it could go faster. My ninja 650 topped out at about 220. Only did it once on a deserted limited access toll road in the Philippines. Sane rules there, bikes over 400 cc's can go on the expressways. Way back when, a 1000cc Gold Wing, at 115mph.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

A fella in my village parked his huge bike

by his garden gate, with a 'For Sale' sign on it,

adding, 'Only killed two owners'.

Nice!

Nice one, ????  my series 2 Blade 1995 I have now in Thailand was labelled a window maker along with the 1st series for 6 years.

The 1992 Blade I had in UK was Honda's release of a bike that totally changed the sportsbike idea of what a sportsbike was dunno about what Thais call e.g. (Thai Big bike).  

7 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

my scooter, green one on left in photo, has taken me to over 75 kph.

that is certainly fast enough for thai roads, any faster you will certainly die when you are attacked by pothole, buffalo, soi dog, chicken or coronavirus. 

A43E77D9-CA3F-40B1-96E6-942D443F0A0F.heic 1.6 MB · 1 download

yes. it's not the size of the engine that restricts the speed here. it is the obstacles..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I enjoyed my GSX-R750. Over the river out towards Bang BuaThong it was good for about 275km/h, mostly fun for sprinting up to maybe 200. I had 20 years going from my first 400's the first 6 years, then two GSX-R's that turned up at the right price - now I'm on a PCX because it costs as much to run in a year as the GSX did in a month...

Out of my old home on Bangna-Trad it was nice to take first gear up to 125 to get across to the u-turn bridge, then blast up to maybe 220 going back down past Central.

I don't understand how people don't feel safer at speeds over 130 - maybe they're short sighted... certainly a bit too windy for touring, but for blasting around the city it's great. Also great fun having the extra headroom - and certainly safer over bumps and pot-holes than smaller bikes. Felt like a LIMO next to the PCX.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben2talk said:

I enjoyed my GSX-R750. Over the river out towards Bang BuaThong it was good for about 275km/h, mostly fun for sprinting up to maybe 200. I had 20 years going from my first 400's the first 6 years, then two GSX-R's that turned up at the right price - now I'm on a PCX because it costs as much to run in a year as the GSX did in a month...

Out of my old home on Bangna-Trad it was nice to take first gear up to 125 to get across to the u-turn bridge, then blast up to maybe 220 going back down past Central.

I don't understand how people don't feel safer at speeds over 130 - maybe they're short sighted... certainly a bit too windy for touring, but for blasting around the city it's great. Also great fun having the extra headroom - and certainly safer over bumps and pot-holes than smaller bikes. Felt like a LIMO next to the PCX.

My sons GSXR750 did about 155mph and he trick it a bit dyno jet/exhaust etc and got 165mph did you do engine work on your bike. 

Edited by Kwasaki

The only time I rode full speed with my VFR400 was on the elevated road in Bangkok. Because I knew that road has no holes and it was a guaranteed one way road. 

I also remember Bangna Trad with about 140km/h jumping over one of those little hills in the street. It was scary - especially for my girlfriend on the back.

Now I ride seldom over 120km/h. Getting older and more relaxed and all that.

I never rode faster than maybe 180km/h on a bike. I think that is pretty fast and fun. More than 250km/h in a decent car is a different story. No problem, if the road is right.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:04 PM, OneeyedJohn said:

135 is my max.

I know I can stop quickly with ABS if something idiotic happens in front of me.

ABS will not make you stop faster; it will prevent you from losing control of your vehicle;
and at 135 km / h, even if you are Marc Marquez, you will need 170 meters to stop; as much to say that you will be dead with or without ABS

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The only time I rode full speed with my VFR400 was on the elevated road in Bangkok. Because I knew that road has no holes and it was a guaranteed one way road. 

I also remember Bangna Trad with about 140km/h jumping over one of those little hills in the street. It was scary - especially for my girlfriend on the back.

Now I ride seldom over 120km/h. Getting older and more relaxed and all that.

I never rode faster than maybe 180km/h on a bike. I think that is pretty fast and fun. More than 250km/h in a decent car is a different story. No problem, if the road is right.

Disagree 250 kph is only 155 mph and safer on a bike than a car, many bikes do 186 mph (298 kph) because it's safe for them to do so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

ABS will not make you stop faster; it will prevent you from losing control of your vehicle;
and at 135 km / h, even if you are Marc Marquez, you will need 170 meters to stop; as much to say that you will be dead with or without ABS

So right what you do is let the bike go and get off, more difficult to do in a car. ????

• Like 1

Fastest i ever did on a bike was  about 175mph in UK on a modified genesis 1000

also hit 138mph on a very trick  Harley sporster  Iron head with 77inch 11.5-1 big bore kit and Lectron carb  through the timing light on standing mile at bruntingthorpe  UK in 1989

fastest ever in Thaiand was  around 150mph  on the Pattaya Rayong 366 highway in 2008   and also on Highway 32  near Nakon Sawan   but these days the Ducatis I own are  geared down to a max 130mph   as im more chilled out

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Add a flux capacitor to your Scoopy, get it up to 88 and you could time travel back to when exchange rates were better and a bowl of noodles was cheap.

image.gif.c947fc1ec5641ae2f916083b029488ab.gif

And don't forget to put enough plutonium in the backpack. ????

76BQ_m8PTOVm_eX_mJjjA7nyTCR4UfXFdg_fAzFT

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2020 at 1:23 PM, Kwasaki said:

Well I run over a dog on my Versys and it was like a bump in the road. ????

My missus ran over a dog on her ninja 250 same result!

Come to think of it between the bike and the pickup she has killed more dogs than Cruella Deville..

Edited by mark131v
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

My missus ran over a dog on her ninja 250 same result!

Come to think of it between the bike and the pickup she has killed more dogs than Cruella Deville..

Cruella Deville............. now she was HOT1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya 130 KPH shifting to 3rd gear. What is the sense in having a road bike & going scooter speeds? 160 usual for me but my 650 Kawi is punched out to a 833 with 800 gears & all new hot electrics used in the Kawasaki Brazilian's race team over 180KPH I am at the track. <deleted> my Yamalube 80 back in 1977 went over 120KPH...But not for too long it would overheat & shut down. Personally7 being a mechanic I would stay far away from any bike that is over 600 cc that never seen over 120 or 130 KPH as it will probably be a grandma motor that does not have any Boogie to it & has never been rappe4d out to high RPMS in the begging to lap the valves properly.Not ran full time but 3 short hot bursts to seat the valves as a high performance engine opposed to a slow ass motor that lasts forever.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/18/2020 at 1:05 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

Yes, going very fast on certain places on a good road I know but not for a very long time.

I have a certain route I do often, I know where I can gun it and where I can't.

I understand the temptation to drive fast but I wonder if you think about the reduced control over the bike you have and the danger you impose on all other motorists and pedestrians.