Prince Harry and wife Meghan cut ties with four British tabloids - media

webfact

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Actually they wanted to keep their titles but were told they couldn't. They only wanted to resign from the duties and keep the perks, but the Queen wasn't having any of it (and rightly so).

This announcement seems a great way to ensure there are plenty of negative tabloid stories about them for the foreseeable future. 

They are still the Duke and Duchess of Sussex but are not allowed to use the name 'Sussex Royal' for their proposed business or to use the 'royal highness' term even though they still retain that title. They also get no more taxpayers money .

The negative stories will continue just as before as that is the nature of those 4 papers. Most of them owned by non-dom billionaires who are delighted to take taxpayers money, so long as they don't have to pay any (unlike Her Majesty).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

He could get a job in the Thai government dressed like that!

He was rightly awarded the wings, having succesfuly flown helicopters in the Army Air Corps, unlike some of the wings attached to various Thai government issue uniforms, whose only training is watching planes take off from Swampy. 

So I do get where you are coming from.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

UK taxpayers are still paying millions for their security. This cost will have hiked substantially after leaving their Canadian lair and moved on to the Harry and Meghan does Hollywood skit. It is hilarious watching these 2 limousine liberals desperately trying to remain relevant in the age of Wuhan flu. The photos of the 2 of them traipsing through the glitzy area of LA handing out 20 meals was a classic. If anybody can't see it's staged PR, well there is no hope.

Harry is angry with the UK tabloids because they have been proven 100% correct in their predictions. Thomas Markle is a loving father that did not deserve to be treated as he was. Meghan is a grifter, she craved riches and adoration from the Hollywood A list where she desperately wanted to live and thrive. And just look what happened! After Harry and Meghans latest tantrum expect more negative press coverage. I like the comments under any story about them in the tabloids. 99.9% extremely negative, and rightly so. 

I think I'll have to print and frame this post, it's the first time I have ever agreed with you.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think I'll have to print and frame this post, it's the first time I have ever agreed with you.

Apparently they're paying for security themselves.

So since this is the first time you agree with him, it sets a bad example.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Apparently they're paying for security themselves.

So since this is the first time you agree with him, it sets a bad example.

I got over the whole Royal Family malarkey when I was a teenager. It would be difficult to imagine any family as dysfunctional, or more parasitic.

True, millions of people hang on their doings, fed by a media fawning on them. IMO the same level of intelligence as religious adherents.

The Queen and Prince Philip are held up as the apotheosis of the monarchy. According to a guy on the security detail at Buckingham Palace the image is a bit flawed, as Philip was shagging every chambermaid he could get alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

He could get a job in the Thai government dressed like that!

But that was in the UK! Are the dresses of the British Royals similar to the Thai government employees? ????

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I got over the whole Royal Family malarkey when I was a teenager. It would be difficult to imagine any family as dysfunctional, or more parasitic.

True, millions of people hang on their doings, fed by a media fawning on them. IMO the same level of intelligence as religious adherents.

The Queen and Prince Philip are held up as the apotheosis of the monarchy. According to a guy on the security detail at Buckingham Palace the image is a bit flawed, as Philip was shagging every chambermaid he could get alone.

Wow, see you got the real news right there.

Straight from the guy on the security detail......

must be spot on and accurate, thanks for passing on this hidden gem. 

• Haha 2

Just now, laosnative said:

Wow, see you got the real news right there.

Straight from the guy on the security detail......

must be spot on and accurate, thanks for passing on this hidden gem. 

You're welcome, probably made a change from the daily saccharine. According to my source, her majesty was not amused.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You're welcome, probably made a change from the daily saccharine. According to my source, her majesty was not amused.

According to my source, the chambermaids said that the old duke wasnt up to the job.

I reckon at 98 years old there could be some truth in that.

They did say, that his driving had suffered with age to.

I dont know who to believe anymore.

How about going to work in a hospital and help out in the fight against C-19 ?

Not sure if any other Royals have done this ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/coronavirus-princess-sofia-sweden-frontline-hospital-battle-a9469866.html

But then the Swedes have the 'Janteloven' ...   ???? .

Edited by rvaviator
error

Perhaps if the newspapers and media as a whole stopped reporting on them, as they requested when they said they wanted to live a normal life, we would not have to put up with seeing the drivel that comes from them in print. All media should stop reporting on them. The media makes them newsworthy, no one else I know thinks they are.

Please, leave them alone to make their own way in the world.

1 hour ago, laosnative said:

According to my source, the chambermaids said that the old duke wasnt up to the job.

I reckon at 98 years old there could be some truth in that.

They did say, that his driving had suffered with age to.

I dont know who to believe anymore.

This was about 30 years ago when I got the information, and the guy who told me had retired, so probably when the Duke was in his fifties. I know how he feels, takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.

17 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Excellent Decision indeed . He will be Totally like us Common Chaps  soon. Wife Ducked Off and with half his Beer Tokens too, then fighting for Custody of the Rug Rats.

I though that was just the problem, he was too like "Us" common chaps. The common chaps wanted him to be a good boy and act like the brainless toffs in the rest of the family (Princees Anne excluded). In their opinion his duty was to conform to the stereotype they had built up for him, not to have a life of his own. 

I’m not British but what I’ve read Prince Harry served his country in the military and he seems to be concerned about the World. As for his wife I don’t know anything about her so won’t comment. 

I’m fairly positive he earned those service medals on dress uniform were earned

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:

I’m not British but what I’ve read Prince Harry served his country in the military and he seems to be concerned about the World. As for his wife I don’t know anything about her so won’t comment. 

I’m fairly positive he earned those service medals on dress uniform were earned

Qualified as a chopper pilot, hence the wings......

11 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Exactly. The point most posters are missing is that they H & M, really don't want that level of attention.

Well that depends doesn't it. She'll want the attention when she's attending the premiere of some movie she's in, or appearing on some talk show to discuss it.

She doesn't want it when she's attending Wimbledon or when it exposes her hypocrisy taking private jets around the world days after lecturing about carbon footprints.

Same as she wanted the multi million pound wedding, Frogmore cottage, a jetset lifestyle and paid for security. She just didn't want to have to open a hospital in Rotherham on a wet Wednesday afternoon. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, simple1 said:

Where is the current link for this allegation? The couple announced some weeks back they are paying for their security upon moving to the US

A spokesperson for the Sussexes said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”

Yes I am well aware they announced they would start paying for their security, but there has been nothing further said. They also said people should not be flying off on holiday because its bad for the climate - while flying willy-nilly around Europe on private jets, so they have history for saying one thing while doing the opposite. Can you show me a credible link that states categorically that British taxpayers are no longer paying for their security in LaLa land?

I can offer this from todays DM from serious observer Piers Morgan

"Nor will I take any orders about how I can or should behave as a journalist from a pair of spoiled little brats who contrary to their statement are still spending millions of pounds of taxpayers’ money on British royal protection squad officers."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8236747/PIERS-MORGAN-Captain-Tom-shames-Beckhams-Meghan-Harry.html

Over to you....

• Like 1