Ministry cancels school year

geovalin

The Ministry of Education has extended the suspension of public and private schools until further notice. It will fill the educational gap with a distance learning programme accessible via television.

The ministry announced on Friday that it has instructed public schools to collaborate with parents, guardians and local authorities to promote the Distance Learning and E-Learning programmes to students.

It also advised public schools to “Set up a schedule for guardians to be present to ensure the safety and security of schools by regularly cleaning the campus [and] encouraging students to borrow textbooks to improve their autonomy and distance learning.”

read more

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ministry-cancels-school-year

Interesting times - will they review the content and maybe pare it down to more interesting topics, or will they continue with the same old rubbish?

I'm sure the essential learning content of most Thai schools could be compressed to a 2 hour daily video recap.

Certainly not optimistic about dropping the amazing Thai History lessons (memorizing lots of pointless 'factoids' about some fictional historical information about the Thai elite...).

Certainly some reading time is doing my son some good, and practicing his arithematic strategies... BBC have some nice Bitesize lessons out (if you can get them) too.

22 hours ago, Brer said:

Thanks for wasting my time, you should have made the post heading Ministry cancels school year in Cambodia.

General knowledge is good for you.. never a waste to learn something new.