Beware of Lazada

Dario

On 4/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, OneeyedJohn said:

Do Lazada have mini refridgerators

Yes  I  bought  one 3  days  ago for my new  worker  2400  baht great little  thing for  one person https://www.lazada.co.th/products/alco-17-an-fr468-i169105445-s209871005.html?mp=1

There are  also a lot of Fake  stores on Lazada the  latest one  Azinthai (now  removed) selling products 30% cheaper than other  stores, I had some interesting messages with them........ they never answered if cod  was available, or  how the weather was in Nigeria  today????

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

A mini washing machine doesn't necessarily equate to poor quality; we're speaking primarily of COMPACT size suitable for a small condo studio, not necessarily cheaply made. 

I don't reckon there is a whole lot of quality in a  Bt.1500.00 plastic washing machine that looks like it was made for a childs cubby house.

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2020 at 1:31 PM, moontang said:

Yes, there has been a huge wave of counterfeit flash memory floating around on Lazada.  I have had good luck with JiB.  I bought an Otto sandwich press from Lazada..it was about 300 THB..Otto is a Thai brand that has worked well for me, like the Hatari fans.  I became suspicious after the Otto label started smearing after a few uses.  Then, the non stick surface started chipping..at that point, it is worthless.  I even cut the cord off it, before putting it in the garbage..didn't want my neighbors using it.

Plenty of fake watches on Lazada as well. A Seiko that normally sells for 5000 baht for 800 baht?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

By initiating the automatic refund, they have acknowledged that they accept my proof that the items are counterfeit, yet they ENDORSE the seller of the fake goods on their platform.

I don't think you can argue they accepted your proof. Sometimes with articles of small value the seller/Lazada will ok a refund even without return. Happened to me with sets of knee braces that I was not happy with (forget why). They just gave me a refund and I tossed them in the garbage.

But I am curious. I looked up Duracell on Lazada just now. Some sellers have a high rating based on multiple (20+) reviews. Did you get yours from one of those?

32 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I don't think you can argue they accepted your proof. Sometimes with articles of small value the seller/Lazada will ok a refund even without return. Happened to me with sets of knee braces that I was not happy with (forget why). They just gave me a refund and I tossed them in the garbage.

But I am curious. I looked up Duracell on Lazada just now. Some sellers have a high rating based on multiple (20+) reviews. Did you get yours from one of those?

I got mine from this seller.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/jantar/?spm=a2o4m.pdp.seller.1.2835208bONMroY&itemId=528266539&channelSource=pdp

Lazada admitted in an email 7 days ago that they agreed the item were fake, and the proof doesn't lie either.

Look at the website and the pictures of the goods I received.

https://www.thecounterfeitreport.com/product/106/Duracell-Coppertop-AA---AAA-Batteries.html

The seller has now the price of his listing reduced by 20%, so his Duracell batteries, one of the most expensive brands on the market, are priced now lower than the black or green Panasonic's at 7/11.

Of course those sellers get good ratings, because they sell cheap, and most buyers are not aware they are buying fake goods, and by the time they are aware, they can't change their review any more.

Or the review simply get rejected by Lazada because it is negative for a protected seller, as they did with me.

I have several times edited my review, but it get rejected every time. Not difficult to have only positive reviews then.

Edit to add : look for example on his 100% chat response rating. He didn't respond to my messages, and there are several reviews on his shop page that he NEVER responds

How you can have a 100% rating then? Because the rating is as fake as his products, and probably 50% of the products listed on Lazada

Edit 2 : If you go through the reviews on his shop page, there are at least 20 reviews claiming the products are fake, and that is not only the Duracell batteries.

Unfortunately I only looked at the reviews on the listing page, which were all 5 star, and together with his 98% overall rating, I got fooled.

Many of the counterfeit products listed on Lazada I can see from a mile distance, with batteries you only notice when the product arrives

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One day I bought something with CAD that should have come in a bigger box. Delivered was an envelope. Good that I was there and so I refused the delivery. I complained at Lazada about this seller. He still could continue. Since then I just buy things there that come from a real company. Everything else on eBay. But at Lazada there are more problems for not Thais. Very hard to get a refund. 

6 minutes ago, Oldie said:

One day I bought something with CAD that should have come in a bigger box. Delivered was an envelope. Good that I was there and so I refused the delivery. I complained at Lazada about this seller. He still could continue. Since then I just buy things there that come from a real company. Everything else on eBay. But at Lazada there are more problems for not Thais. Very hard to get a refund. 

I went back and forth with the Lazada clowns, and finally they credited my wallet...gee,thanks..foreigners cannot use wallet..lol, but I had disputed from the start with Chase Bank, Visa..and got an instant credit, subject to the sellers response..they never responded to Visa.  I have told more than a few monkeys that foreign credit cards are not the same as Thai cards..TFG.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

My wife actually had to refund customers up to 3 months later, even our returns are 7 days and warranty is 30 days + the customer broke it himself.

I ordered Android TV box from Thai seller. Box came with 3 month warranty.

Box goes faulty within the first 3 weeks, doesn't start any more.

I open return request and seller rejects

I appeal with Lazada, and they tell me that outside the 7 day return it's not their business.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

I ordered Android TV box from Thai seller. Box came with 3 month warranty.

Box goes faulty within the first 3 weeks, doesn't start any more.

I open return request and seller rejects

I appeal with Lazada, and they tell me that outside the 7 day return it's not their business.

You can't compare it with something like eBay. There were many fraudsters too but I never lost anything. Sadly Amazon is not here in Thailand. I guess if so Lazada would be history. 

• Like 2

Lots of bad reviews for Lazada, even a Thai friend told me to avoid it.

I have a return that takes ages, seller is not honest... Wonder if i will get my refund.

Ali express looks much better. At least on trustpilot.

6 hours ago, Susco said:

So lets give an update on my experience with Lazada and their policy on FAKE articles, which is a large part of their assortment.

Today the time for the seller to respond to my return request expired.

Few minutes after it expired Lazada initiated an automatic refund, for the amount of the item MINUS the 100 Baht voucher I had used.

In contrast to what they claimed before that they will ban the seller, the seller is still active, and the FAKE item is still listed.

By initiating the automatic refund, they have acknowledged that they accept my proof that the items are counterfeit, yet they ENDORSE the seller of the fake goods on their platform.

Good job FAKE Lazada.

It was also my experience. The seller didn't even deliver a fake but just an envelope. I complained at Lazada and nothing changed. I left a bad review for the seller but never saw it again. 

4 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Lots of bad reviews for Lazada, even a Thai friend told me to avoid it.

I have a return that takes ages, seller is not honest... Wonder if i will get my refund.

Ali express looks much better. At least on trustpilot.

I think that is an urban myth that Ali is better...same pile of rice <deleted>.

Just started a few more returns for counterfeit batteries.  Note these are from different sellers than the Duracell fakes.

You really think that Panasonic doesn't know how to spell IMPROVE? Counterfeit goods will never be returned, and case will be escalated to police if refund is not issued within 24 hours, because Lazada clearly endorse counterfeit sellers and their goods.

695134813_CR123fakebatterfy.thumb.jpg.efa3f9f2ff8bb17b445672c75f5311a2.jpg1982142760_CR2fakebattery.thumb.jpg.abd70fec8dfdafab118a67d25d272c94.jpg

• Like 1

I doubt about the OP's connection to the CEO as there were 4 Lazada CEOs since launch in 2012... I also think that buying "hundreds and hundreds" of products and having 1 faulty is an impressive score. Amazon would be jealous.

• 8 months later...

2 weeks ago I ordered something from China via Lazada cash on delivery. Package came yesterday which is still quick vs Aliexpress, anyway they sent something completely different, a cushion. I felt it and I assumed it was protective wrapping, no a cushion, Lazada have refunded straight away to wallet, it seems they aren't expecting me to send back to China

IMG_20210331_115416.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

2 weeks ago I ordered something from China via Lazada cash on delivery. Package came yesterday which is still quick vs Aliexpress, anyway they sent something completely different, a cushion. I felt it and I assumed it was protective wrapping, no a cushion, Lazada have refunded straight away to wallet, it seems they aren't expecting me to send back to China

That's pretty funny!  Just out of curiosity, what was the actual product you ordered?

My experience with Lazada has always been the same.  I rate their customer service for buyers as A+.  Their return policy is so simple and concise, and if you have any problems at all, it's very easy to reach an English-speaking rep by phone.

In fact I only have a few gripes about Lazada that make me resort to AliExpress: 

1) Their search engine is pretty bad (even when you enter your search term in Thai).  If you are looking for something using very specific keywords, it's often impossible to find items that match your keywords.  I usually resort to using Google search, adding the term "site: Lazada.th".  That works much better for hard to find items. ????

Also, even if you find a single product in search results, you can't click up to the category it is in, which would allow you to see similar products, which is really annoying.  In Aliexpress, you can easily do that.

2) Almost all of Lazada's buyer reviews are written in Thai and Chrome browsers can not translate them.

3) Unlike AliExpress, they don't allow you to sort search results by "number of orders".  To me, sorting this way is the best way to see how popular a listing is with buyers. 

Filtering search results by star ratings in Lazada is almost meaningless because most of the time a 4-star rated product only contains 1 or 2 buyers (and you can be certain that one of them is probably the seller LOL).

If I really need to know buyer feedback, even if a product is on Lazada, I usually end up ordering from AliExpress just because of the superior buyer feedback you get on their platform.

It's kind of funny, but almost all buyer feedback on Lazada only addresses how quickly a product arrived but very few critiques of the product itself.  On AliExpress, buyers often leave highly detailed feedback along with a LOT of pictures of the actual product that they received (pictures that are often more descriptive than those in the product listing!)

Other than that though, Lazada is a great online platform for those of us here in Thailand IMO, and yeah, delivery is remarkably fast.  I've received many orders from Thai-based merchants in only one day, which is amazing to me! 

Edited by WaveHunter

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

That's pretty funny!  Just out of curiosity, what was the actual product you ordered?

It was a plastic container, I reckon someone in the warehouse was just having a laugh as my address sticker was put over another one or they were just trying to get rid of <deleted> that doesn't sell, but not a good idea as I got a refund quickly

On 4/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, taiping said:

Same 7-day deadline for returns when I bought a fake "Kingston" USB Flash drive from Lazada. Found out after trying it after 10-days. Lazada would not take any responsibility and claim they vet all their vendors to prevent counterfeit products. Sure, which is why I can buy fake products on Lazada today and prove that they are fake.  

Well don't wait 10 days to try it perhaps? Why would you buy goods accept receipt, I assume open it and then what do nothing for 10 days? That's on you.

Edited by starky

On 4/1/2021 at 8:47 AM, scubascuba3 said:

IMG_20210331_115416.jpg

Nice demon slayer pillow that's a win very popular with the kids right now. 

My main problem with Lazada is that they suppress reviews of counterfeit goods. I have had several rejected with some garbled message saying my review was rejected 'because it related to counterfeit goods' and to contact them for further assistance. I used to get round this issue by posting questions on the item pages, stating the items were counterfeit, but now they route all questions to private chat and they aren't displayed unless/until the vendor answers them.

They did eventually pull two of the products I complained about, after I brought Ernie Ball (guitar strings manufacturer) and their Thai distributor into the conversation but it was a lot of hassle and they didn't ban the sellers involved so I think their claim of zero tolerance for counterfeit goods is clearly counterfeit itself. I just avoid shopping on Lazada now.

I don't think Amazon are as flawless as some people think they are though. They make up false import duties then promise to pay them pack within 180 days (thanks very much!) and they frequently make inaccurate claims about shipping times and generally behave in a shoddy manner.

Doesn't matter what the seller says. Lazada has a remedial process for such events. Fortunately, I've only needed to use it once and I got my money back, having paid C.O.D. The refund was paid into a 'wallet' account with a 6 month expiry, for me to use.

If you paid by credit card, you can retrieve your costs accordingly.

Lazada should consider legal action against you for the mis-representation of their policies on an open forum.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:58 PM, Mark1066 said:

My main problem with Lazada is that they suppress reviews of counterfeit goods. I have had several rejected with some garbled message saying my review was rejected 'because it related to counterfeit goods' and to contact them for further assistance. I used to get round this issue by posting questions on the item pages, stating the items were counterfeit, but now they route all questions to private chat and they aren't displayed unless/until the vendor answers them.

They did eventually pull two of the products I complained about, after I brought Ernie Ball (guitar strings manufacturer) and their Thai distributor into the conversation but it was a lot of hassle and they didn't ban the sellers involved so I think their claim of zero tolerance for counterfeit goods is clearly counterfeit itself. I just avoid shopping on Lazada now.

I don't think Amazon are as flawless as some people think they are though. They make up false import duties then promise to pay them pack within 180 days (thanks very much!) and they frequently make inaccurate claims about shipping times and generally behave in a shoddy manner.

Some of the vendors on Lazada might be less than honest (though my own experience is that this is not very common).  Lazada itself address buyer complaints promptly and fairly IMO, especially if you contact them by phone.

I have had a major issue with a vendor only 2 or 3 times in the three years I've bought from Lazada, and each time, Lazada's customer service reps took care of the issue promptly with a refund.  Contacting Lazada Customer Service by phone is remarkably quick and effective.

• Like 1

I ordered a mens cologne ,  1390 bht!

The seller sent me the wrong one !

He claims it was the correct one!

The picture and description clearly shows he's mistaken!

So I'm currently going through the motions with Lazada CS.

I told them that I wanted a full refund and that I didn't want a Wallet ! They  assured me that once everything is resolved that they would  deposit the refund in my bank account !

( After further review of the sellers (listed as a new seller)past transactions, they have sent wrong items  which resulted in customer complaints, unfortunately the customers relented and kept the products because they didn't want to go through the return process).