Bangkok: Police seek thief who stole nearly 100K in goods from shuttered Japanese restaurant

webfact

Bangkok: Police seek thief who stole nearly 100K in goods from shuttered Japanese restaurant

4pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Thong Lo police are hunting a man who stole electronic equipment left in a popular Bangkok restaurant that has been closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The tall, thin man has been caught on CCTV milling about the front of the Shakariki 432 Japanese restaurant in PS Tower in Asoke.

He then cut a padlock and went in to steal 14 customer order machines, three phones, two tablets and a notebook. It was all worth 96,400 baht according to owner Tomohiko C. who called in the police. 

The Thong Lo police said they had traced the getaway route of the thief using CCTV in the vicinity and believe he lives in the Bangkok area.

Investigations are continuing. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-21

6 hours ago, DJ54 said:

A guy in the US topped that 6 days in closed (virus) restaurant eating food and consumed 70 bottles of alcohol. Owner stopped 

in to check on the place the guy was asleep...police came....

I was never good at maths but that's 11.66 bottles per day.  

58 minutes ago, torturedsole said:
7 hours ago, DJ54 said:

A guy in the US topped that 6 days in closed (virus) restaurant eating food and consumed 70 bottles of alcohol. Owner stopped 

in to check on the place the guy was asleep...police came....

I was never good at maths but that's 11.66 bottles per day.  

I reckon he had 17 bottles on the first night (and knocked one over ‘cos he was pished up), felt like Cr@p the next day so didn’t drink, then went for 13 per day after that for the remaining 4 nights... 

The thing which stood out for me from this story - 3 phones were stollen ???? 

The place was shut down. What were 3 phones doing there?

(or, as with the ‘order tablets, were the phones also used for the same thing, or by ’senior staff’ to take bookings etc?)...  

Lockdown is starting to have an effect - I’m thinking this sh!$e out !!!

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1