Get ready to be hit by seasonal flu, dengue now, say doctors

snoop1130

34 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Confirming that I paid 600 baht at my local Isaan private clinic in November 18 when I had asked the doctor what was the right time for a flu shot a month previous. The doctor told me that onset of cool season was the right time. I forgot to do it in 2019.

Maybe he was selling drugs rather than good advice. Maybe there are two seasons. Have seen lots of references since that onset of rainy season is a (one of two?) good times. Perhaps I'll ask the ThaiV medic member Sheryl.

There seems to be a couple of flus each year at different times.

41 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Confirming that I paid 600 baht at my local Isaan private clinic in November 18 when I had asked the doctor what was the right time for a flu shot a month previous. The doctor told me that onset of cool season was the right time. I forgot to do it in 2019.

Maybe he was selling drugs rather than good advice. Maybe there are two seasons. Have seen lots of references since that onset of rainy season is a (one of two?) good times. Perhaps I'll ask the ThaiV medic member Sheryl.

Thanks guys

On 4/21/2020 at 7:14 PM, DrTuner said:

Corona, dengue, flu, PM2.5, drought, usurpers, unemployment, economic crash, it just keeps getting better. What's not to like?

Corona, dengue, flu, PM2.5, drought, usurpers, unemployment, economic crash, it just keeps getting better. What's not to like?

The Buddha said there'd be days like these!

On 4/21/2020 at 6:39 PM, snoop1130 said:

The eligible should register for the free vaccines immediately so they can boost their immune system before the rainy season arrives next month, he said, warning that the seasonal influenza can also be fatal.

Everyone should stay locked up in their houses from now on and as well, all businesses should be closed forever.  You can't put a price on a human life, so keep the entire economy closed and don't reopen it.  Otherwise - viruses will get you and kill you dead! 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 1:15 PM, mark131v said:

That could be convenient for TaT as the people dying from flu like symptoms wont be classed as covid related, winner all around and they will also be able to keep their crown for lowest covid rate in the world!!!! Thai exceptionalism strikes again...

Just what I was thinking. 

20 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:
20 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

When will there be a Dengue vaccin?

About the same time as a safe and reliable C-19 vaccine...

The health minister said he's going to sort out a covid-19 vaccine in three months. He'll probably whip up one for dengue while he's in the lab. 

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2020 at 10:59 PM, steve73 said:

Well at least the traffic fatalities should be dropping.... although I've not seen any figures (has anyone else?)

Right, dream on.

I've told my (Thai) wife, that in my opinion, there ought to be a law prohibiting Thais from ever owning or driving a car, lorry or motorbike. We should all do more of what we're good at and less (in this case a lot less) of what we're not good at. I believe this to be the only effective solution to the problem of uneducated and blithering idiots on Thai roads.

Then I woke up...

Any chance the Baht can get sick and therefore weaken,how in the hell can it Keep getting  stronger With what’s happening 

3 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

In case of doubt refer to Facebook and Uncle Google know it all 555555555????

When I said it's on Facebook, it was an ironic swipe at their stance on fake news. Google is much more reliable however, and there are credible scientific sources confirming mosquito borne covid-19 is not a risk. 

• Confused 1

On 4/21/2020 at 7:45 PM, ukrules said:

There's not going to be a seasonal flu while social distancing and mask wearing continue.

I think there's a potential irony here, COVID could kill off the flu and many other viruses that do the rounds.

Well said agree 100%

On 4/22/2020 at 11:23 AM, Baerboxer said:

And if the rains early and heavy watch out for floods.

Last year the rains came quite late and we had the worst flooding in 50 years so I don't think it matters early or late but if it rains heavy look out for floods.

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

When I said it's on Facebook, it was an ironic swipe at their stance on fake news. Google is much more reliable however, and there are credible scientific sources confirming mosquito borne covid-19 is not a risk. 

I was joking......

19 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Last year the rains came quite late and we had the worst flooding in 50 years

Where? very little "rains last year in the NE, there was one big storm that came in, apart from that?