Get ready to be hit by seasonal flu, dengue now, say doctors

snoop1130

31 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I read it wrong then....

So more chance of winning the lottery than getting C19 at the same time as Dengue... 

Sorry.  Lottery canceled.  Too dangerous.

• Haha 1

I am just wondering for some time now, are those mosquitoes able to transmit the Covid-19 virus ???
They are spreading dengue and malaria. If a person with dengue is bitten, the next one that is bitten will get dengue too. Malaria works the same. So how about Covid-19 ???

Thailands incredible handling of Covid amazing, the less we test the less positives to report and the hundreds tested at  private hospitals we wont include those figures either.

So a country of 70 million who welcomed the Wuhan Chinese for months has only circa 2900 positives.

Stunning management by Team Thailand... country opened up again soon fantastic! nothing to see here move along please....... and over the coming months just an incredible increase in cases of Dengue or seasonal flu or simply routine lung failure but not Covid 19 so no need to count the numbers!

No loss of face and minimal damage to the levels of the ministerial troughs!

lets wait for todays figures maybe 18 and not out from a total of 127 tested nationwide.........the rest just give them 12 paracetamol  a day that will bring the temperature readings down. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I will get the flu shot next week. My doctor already contacted to me to say do it. For the dengue, good luck as that is luck of the draw and area it manifests in from the mosquitos. Don't forget malaria as well. CM I have knowna few to get that one. 

How much for a flu shot in Thailand?

50 minutes ago, Tops said:

I am just wondering for some time now, are those mosquitoes able to transmit the Covid-19 virus ???
They are spreading dengue and malaria. If a person with dengue is bitten, the next one that is bitten will get dengue too. Malaria works the same. So how about Covid-19 ???

Soon it's coming from beer! Easy continue ban forever....

15 hours ago, mark131v said:

That could be convenient for TaT as the people dying from flu like symptoms wont be classed as covid related, winner all around and they will also be able to keep their crown for lowest covid rate in the world!!!! Thai exceptionalism strikes again...

Unlike the other countries who classify the cause of death to be Covid 19 regardless of what they died of. 

15 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Dengue and covid at the same time is a killer

A mate told me 

Exactly, If I remember right one of the first associated Covid-19 deaths was also listed as having Dengue. So this doctor saying that people with Covid-19 can also be infected with dengue, though the chances are slim, seems like an oxymoron

16 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Corona, dengue, flu, PM2.5, drought, usurpers, unemployment, economic crash, it just keeps getting better. What's not to like?

Yep. We're living in interesting times!

Rainy season seems to be starting earlier than the forecasts - we've had several big rainy storms recently.

That always gets the flu and allergies going.

And if the rains early and heavy watch out for floods.

The world economy is tanking and going to take some time to pull through; and nutty Kim or the Iranians could kick off anytime.

Time to read Revelations ????

3 hours ago, Dr Rodrigues Pereira said:

This as silly as it gets !!! Of course people with SARS-2  (and Covid 19 , meaning they developed the decease) can be infected.  As they might get cancer, accute appendicitis or all other types of ilnesses.  How stupid a comment  is this ???

Who is this comment aimed at?

The doctor in the OP was just reminding people that the annual flu season is about

to begin and people should be getting their jabs as usual, plus to take the usual 

precautions around dengue.

It is a sensible approach to remind people of other life threatening illnesses at a

time when all you hear about is Corona. Flu will possibly kill as many people 

world wide as Corona, yet there is a way of alleviating many of these deaths.

16 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Corona, dengue, flu, PM2.5, drought, usurpers, unemployment, economic crash, it just keeps getting better. What's not to like?

I know it's not good to mock the afflicted, but i must admit they deserve a good kicking....... They've been handing a few out......  

A marvelous excuse for no COVID in Thailand.

It will be interesting to see If!!? the suffering and dying of "the flu" and dengue fever is reported on in the correct numbers.(doubtful)

There are many many poor people in Thailand that will not (saving face) ask for the free jab.

COVID, Flu and dengue can all be associated with one disease.

I hope the Chinese are informed before the influx begins. The 3 issues along with the reinfected/infected Chinese can only cause more problems.

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

There's not going to be a seasonal flu while social distancing and mask wearing continue.

I think there's a potential irony here, COVID could kill off the flu and many other viruses that do the rounds.

If only. Once the schools reopen, infection rates for both are likely to rise and distort the COVID official reporting stats even more than now.

Stick to that July deadline, Mr Prayuth. By then there's at least chance the virus may have petered out entirely.

Edited by Krataiboy

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

There's not going to be a seasonal flu while social distancing and mask wearing continue.

I think there's a potential irony here, COVID could kill off the flu and many other viruses that do the rounds.

Very good point

With the intense heat over the last few days,well weeks actually,and lack of rain one bonus has been a lack of mosquitos, in fact evening time when i go outside for a ciggarete a veritable lack of any insect fluttering around my outdoor lights,we had 41,3 c yesterday,but perceived temp was 46c on my app,even at 10 pm it was still around 36c,thank God for ac,though around 4.30 pm it was starting to feel warm in my living room,ac going full blast and 2 fans,plus a 6 metre high ceiling i may well invest in a second ac unit for main room,too large for the one i have in there.

We don't really get much dengue up here,i have had it years ago on Koh Panghan,notorious for it.

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

For people living in the North like CM, there are 2 flu season requiring 2 different vaccines. 

Not according to my local doctor or Chiang Mai Ram Hospital where my daughter receives her vaccines.

Both advise that in the area to which you refer which is where we live the vaccine that seems to be released / available in April of each year is the one required.

I am sure that Chiang Mai Ram Hospital would be recommending two vaccines if it was necessary.

Hey Thailand you realize the US  is starting to open up for buisness. I see the headline now flu and dengue so just shut down forever ok just lock Thailand up and stay in your homes until you all perish from starvation without a care in the world..

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

To avoid this, people should get rid of all open water containers that can be breeding grounds for mosquitoes, he said

Right. Absolutely. But to do that the government must start to provide water to the villages.  In rural Buriram where I live people go without a drop of water from the tap sometimes for a week. They are forced to store water in open concrete tanks in the bathroom and virtually anywhere they can. The government needs to provide a reliable water supply first. The most basic necessity and they can't even do that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom89 said:

How much for a flu shot in Thailand?

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I think around 600 baht

Confirming that I paid 600 baht at my local Isaan private clinic in November 18 when I had asked the doctor what was the right time for a flu shot a month previous. The doctor told me that onset of cool season was the right time. I forgot to do it in 2019.

Maybe he was selling drugs rather than good advice. Maybe there are two seasons. Have seen lots of references since that onset of rainy season is a (one of two?) good times. Perhaps I'll ask the ThaiV medic member Sheryl.