Thailand reports 15 new COVID-19 cases, 37 provinces without cases in last 14 days

webfact

6 hours ago, garygooner said:

Great to see the numbers continue to fall, also the numbers of people who have recovered and left hospitals. Let's hope there will be an easing of restrictions on May 1st.

Around 8000 Thais to return from abroad soon. Test them, quarantine them and keep the numbers down. 

Yep, do what Melbourne Australia did, whack em in a hotel for 14 days, Gov pays.

5 hours ago, guydude said:

Just curious: are they actually testing anybody for the virus? Do they even have the test kits to be able to test anybody? If you don't test it will look like nobody is sick (especially if accurate cause-of-death determinations are difficult). Why would infection rates in Thailand be going down when the rest of the world is going up? 

Firstly,140,000+ tests done as of 17 April , just wait for next weekly update. All the tests are from 9-10 different medical related institution like Mahidol uni medical  schools, Chulalongkorn uni, Foods and Drugs org, Private hospitals etc. There are 99 labs able to conduct test in Thailand nationwide. ( Fyi, Taiwan has done only 50,000 tests nationwide so far)

There are Active Case Finding in dirty cities  Phuket and Pattaya. For instance, on 12 April, 800+ tests done in phuket and found only 1 positive. See the picture?

Secondly, there are Thai made and produced test kits already. One by Chulaongkorn University and other one by Siam Bioscience. They are morw ans more widely used since the end of March. Now everyone can take the test with low price.

Third, Saving face is so oudated and too dangerous that can caused devasted consequences. Yes, Thailand is always  your typical third world dirt poor good-for-nothing country for you farang. But Thailand is not stupid enough to lie about deadly virus for the sake of saving face. You farang are so 1960 cliche on this one. How outdated you are to think about saving face??

You can not read Thai.Cannot get access much to Thai source. Your knowledge about this covid19 situation in Thailand are so 25 February. ish. please Update

Edited by Ratchsima
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ratchsima said:

There are Active Case Finding in dirty cities  Phuket and Pattaya. For instance, on 12 April, 800+ tests done in phuket and found only 1 positive. See the picture?

No, we don't. The testing statistics are not available in the MoPH reports. They deleted the backlog number weeks ago.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/situation.php

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Here's part of the reason we don't trust the numbers: 

When the number of tests done jumped from 22k to 72k, the number of positives didn't change at all. Assuming the extra 50k tests had the same hit rate, the positive number should have approximately tripled on the same day. Yet it stayed the same. Subsequent to that, the number of tests performed has risen to over 140k yet the number of positive cases hasn't risen proportionately. I want to be as 21 April-ish as possible. But, not sure if the data is up to date.

Testing numbers are not given out every day the 140000+ data is now 3 days old and has not been updated

9 minutes ago, offset said:

Testing numbers are not given out every day the 140000+ data is now 3 days old and has not been updated

No daily TV show, or did Dr Taweesilp forget to mention the number?

Edited by DrTuner

2 hours ago, marquis22 said:

Yep, do what Melbourne Australia did, whack em in a hotel for 14 days, Gov pays.

The gov ain't paying anymore. You have to pay for the hotel and the food yourself and have very little choice in both

It would be better if the world used “known cases” because nearly everywhere there are many more untested and unknown cases.  For instance, after a study done in California, there is indication that cases there are 55 percent higher-little or no symptoms 

I did look. Deaths and infection numbers in the U.S. are most assuredly going UP, and not DOWN.  As of this moment there have been about 46,500 or 47,500 COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. Last week it was 30k-something. That's an increase.  If you mean that people are dying at a slower rate today than they were last week, my answer is I have seen no evidence of that.  But I'm willing to be educated . . . I get my data from Johns Hopkins and a data aggregation site called worldometers.info.  The data from these two sources are essentially consistent.  

Worldometers reports that as of this moment, there have been 2,219 deaths today in the U.S. (the click resets at 0:00 GMT each day). That may be the biggest number in a day yet, or close to it.  There are about 8 hours left in the day as I write this.  

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR2Ptc24PioxgWt64on4f6HgmiT0YqBk1kl2UTMkiFQwbdmrp0NT3AMX7uc#countries

11 hours ago, Ratchsima said:

There are Active Case Finding in dirty cities  Phuket and Pattaya. 

Third, Saving face is so oudated   Yes, Thailand is always  your typical third world dirt poor good-for-nothing country for you farang.    You farang are so 1960 cliche on this one. How outdated you are to think about saving face??

You can not read Thai.Cannot get access much to Thai source. Your knowledge about this covid19 situation in Thailand are so 25 February. ish. please Update

That's right I cannot read Thai and I would like to believe the case reporting is accurate, so you are very welcome here to provide daily updates from the Thai side to support the good news. Regarding saving face I'm not sure if it is affecting the case reporting. But in general saving face is here in 2020 as aways/before. And now puleeez lighten up on the "you farangs" Sure there are some real slobs, but that is too much of a generalization. I don't associate all Thais with motor taxi drivers- get the picture?  Thailand Third World? Not from the sky train or up high with the long view. And now last but not least: You say Phuket and Pattaya are dirty cities. Well trust me you do not want to get into a debate on who are responsible for that. 

• Thanks 1