Govt craves world heritage status for Thai sea salt

webfact

Now come on chaps, there isn't much else in LOS regarding obtaining W.H.Status is there. ?

Weeeell, the offerings in the streets of Patts could be, but those who are searching for an accolade deny that exists......????

Long ago, I was driving along route 35 into Bangkok. We saw the huge bags of sea salt, and stopped and bought one for 35 baht. Later, I started thinking about where it came from. The Bangkok deltas have got to be one of the most polluted in the world. Runoff from the industrial estates near Ayutthaya, in addition to all of the local shrimp farming, and all of the other pollution means the toxins in this water would be enough to kill a buffalo. After some time we stopped and I gave away the bag of salt.

If Thailand craves world heritage, it needs to start to take care of itself. The extent to which the environment, the air, and the water here has been disregarded, disrespected, and taken for granted boggles the mind. This inane and incompetent army needs to start craving competence and action to save the nation from itself. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

The rest of the world are trying to cut back on the use of salt to help people live a "healthier" life, whatever that may be, yet Thailand wants to promote people increase their intake especially of such a poor quality ingredient because it is full of unknown chemicals.  Even the method of collecting the salt appears as antiquated and historical as the comments made by Alongkorn Ponlaboot, adviser to the Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives.  Does the salt undergo further cleansing before it is packaged and distributed?

'nuf sed.

The local dogs water it  

Great idea. "Thai air" should also get world heritage status, as it can't be found anywhere else in the world and has been a part of the Thai society since its inception. It is estimated that more than 99.9% of Thai households use this substance on a daily basis.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, smedly said:

Oh and while we're on the subject - how are sewage treatment projects coming along - that salt must be very healthy full of minerals and ripe bacteria

I guess they could qualify for fully organic..

Even he can't keep a straight face.

imageproxy (1).jpg