My Thai Wifes Iphone Addiction.

Mason45

On 4/23/2020 at 9:17 AM, Gweiloman said:

She is 64 and you still expect her to cook for you and to do household chores? Is she your slave?

That's definitely not why most of us marry Thai women. May explain why we stay with them, though.

• Like 2

She is 64 and you still expect her to cook for you and to do household chores? Is she your slave? Employ a maid, for crying out loud. 

As people get older they can each do things to help , whether cleaning the house or cooking , but it appears that this wife is glued to her iPhone all day and makes no contribution . I'm 83 and expected to do lots of household chores and I cook almost all my own meals , my wife is a school head teacher and out all day .

• Like 1

With hindsight many of us learn that marrying Thai women is a mistake , have a girlfriend but don't be shamed into getting married .

Always it is best to come with a retirement visa , you can if necessary have a Thai style marriage which is not binding , don't buy a home rent or lease or live in the gf house . If the relationship turns sour just pack your bags and leave . 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, parafareno said:

of course she needs to clean and cook...i mean why would he be married to him, any love is obviously long gone.....and she probably talks with other potential sponsors....

but the fact is that even a 100 yo falang can find a new girlfriend in thaialand.....it is the easieste place in the world to find a partner i think, perhaps phillipines is easier.....

As the saying goes , " Once Bitten Twice Shy " . With very few exceptions Thai women are only interested in getting a foreign man's money . The Grass may look greener on the other side of the fence , but better the Devil You Know than the one You Don't .

• Haha 1

She is 64 and you still expect her to cook for you and to do household chores? Is she your slave? Employ a maid, for crying out loud.

So you agree that women are the slaves, just lighten the married one with a maid?

What I noticed is that she demands financial support... that's funny. It doesn't sound as if you have a close relationship, so you don't have much to talk about - so what's the problem?

You're out of order, but so are many other married couples... finances should be a joint venture - it doesn't matter who earns what, it's family income. Similarly chores, cooking and cleaning, should be done by whoever is available.

So you take care of your <deleted> and leave her to stay in her own room and play with her phone in peace.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It seems you haven't got a clue about Thai culture. It's NOT normal when a 64 year old woman don't take care of the household incl her husband and instead fiddles with a mobile phone. For a younger woman in Thailand 2020 it's another story. "Employ a maid", that's a stupid advise. 

Not sure which part of Thai culture you mean but most of the Thai families I know have maids for cooking and cleaning and some have gardeners too. I guess this doesn’t apply when talking about ex-bar girls turn farang wives. 

• Haha 2

Time have changed... the phone is part of everyone's life. without it, we would be lost. As for a woman, she would loose her insanity.. its normal, if you seriously don't like it, then talk to her. after all 22 years is a long time.

19 hours ago, Mason45 said:

All she ever does is listens to poo house prophets who many times are very misleading and sometimes dangerous with their information. Maybe the good lady needs some attitude adjustment.

They are really all the same, more or less, isn't it? Mine also does that in periods of time, she would listen hours and hours to this BS guy who would talk with ghosts bla bla. As well that those people tell you to do this and that, sometimes they spend money on it or follow instructions to whatever they say lol. 

Personally just shocks me that so many really never are curious about anything more 'serious' or 'deep' I guess. Even it would not be always. 
I would have been gone crazy or brain dead already many times.

Not sure what people are suggesting here with a woman being the slave for her part being the household. Everyone contributes his or her part, I do biz/$$.
For many that is the agreement in the first place, its even kind of unspoken. Unless you both be working. Doesn't mean one man never helps out too.
Is funny nobody ever backs the guy, who pays everything, while the girl has to do nothing in return, not even any household. Same with abuse from woman to guy.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, elgenon said:

Is she doing her wifely duties? If she's not and she's not doing any household chores and she is ignoring you, what exactly would you lose by moving out? There are many women available to support.

In most cases? The child(ren).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 2:42 PM, Kwasaki said:

What a misery you are your wife is entitled to retire as well.

Can he retire his financial support too? It's a 2 way thing. We give them money and they are supposed to give us sex and cook/ clean.

If they don't want to uphold the bargain, game over.

How many Thai husbands would put up with that <deleted>?

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 2:34 AM, TheX said:

Time have changed... the phone is part of everyone's life. without it, we would be lost. As for a woman, she would loose her insanity.. its normal, if you seriously don't like it, then talk to her. after all 22 years is a long time.

Rubbish. We survived quite nicely without mobile phones before. Shouldn't make excuses for people that won't uphold their part of an agreement.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:34 AM, petermik said:

Yes she,s his wife and cooking/cleaning are part of the job description....he is her ATM and provides for her probably far better than if she were alone....:thumbsup:

Mine says she was only hired for sex, and says if I want cooking and cleaning I should employ a housekeeper/cook/maid.

Sometimes I have to prise the phone out of her hand while she's working.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/24/2020 at 4:01 PM, leeedwards said:

Is this your wife or your maid? I tell you what, if my dad ever treated or spoke about my Mam like this there would probably be some trouble. If you’re not happy, get a divorce, settle up, then get in whatever help you need and pay for it hourly, and I mean whatever! Lol It’s 2020 for crying out loud. I know things are strange at the moment but have I gone back to Victorian times? 

I'm sure your "mam" was more of an equal partner with your father. Too many farangs think that applies to Thai wives, but it doesn't. Most are in a financial arrangement where the farang pays the bills and ( sometimes ) gives an allowance as well, in return for sex. However, if the farang expects cooking and cleaning as well that should have been made clear at the start, not assumed. Bit unfair if it was never discussed to just expect it. However if the sex stops that should be the end of it, right there.

My ex went to work for her own money, and I did the housework, but I had nothing else to do, and she was the untidiest person I ever met, so I was happy to keep the place as clean as I wanted. She did cook for me, sometimes, but as she worked shifts I usually did meals for myself.

We didn't get divorced because she didn't do housework.

• Like 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sure your "mam" was more of an equal partner with your father. Too many farangs think that applies to Thai wives, but it doesn't. Most are in a financial arrangement where the farang pays the bills and ( sometimes ) gives an allowance as well, in return for sex.

Not true,

Back in the days before welfare and divorce settlements almost all women where in it for the food and housing.

You're forgetting most women had no way to earn money without a fake government invented job or free government money and housing.

On 4/24/2020 at 1:58 PM, dlclark97 said:

She is your life partner and as you would (and be expected to) in any western country you would be sharing the household duties and responsibilities. 

In case you hadn't noticed the OP is in LOS. It's not a western country. Farang's problems are usually because they behave like they are married to a western woman. For sure that was my mistake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not true,

Back in the days before welfare and divorce settlements almost all women where in it for the food and housing.

You're forgetting most women had no way to earn money without a fake government invented job or free government money and housing.

Not true. My mother certainly wasn't.

On 4/23/2020 at 3:11 AM, TooPoopedToPop said:

If "45" means 1945, the year you were born then you are too old to start over again with a new wife.

Why does he have to start again with a new wife? People can and do live on their own.

I put a thank you on this one, but if he do his man thing, provide everything, pay for everything, do his man thing, take care of house, car, motorbike, and everthing else, isn´t just fear she do her woman thing, and take care of his husband? 

However, sounds like depression to me, and she have some needs that need to be filled inn. Being two older people with noe goel, no future vision, talks common interest, sounds like a prison you would just die inside living in. 

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can he retire his financial support too? It's a 2 way thing. We give them money and they are supposed to give us sex and cook/ clean.

If they don't want to uphold the bargain, game over.

How many Thai husbands would put up with that <deleted>?

Sorry I don't think like that my wife is my partner in life not a flinging slave she has her own life to live, I like her being independent like me that's what attracted her to me in the first place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 1:00 AM, Kwasaki said:

Sorry I don't think like that my wife is my partner in life not a flinging slave she has her own life to live, I like her being independent like me that's what attracted her to me in the first place.

If you give her money she isn't a partner in life, she's an employee, IMO. A partner contributes same % to the marriage as the other does.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:03 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

First make sure not knifes are anywhere in the house.

fatal-attraction-alex-attacks-dan-640x45

It's a DNA thing. 

My wife is a coconut having grown up in the US, but p**s that woman off, and I wouldn't trust her with a kitchen knife!

So to the OP, I'd just learn to adapt. And she's not your slave she's your wife, life partner, and like you she's not young anymore, so maybe a little more respect might go a long way

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you give her money she isn't a partner in life, she's an employee, IMO. A partner contributes same % to the marriage as the other does.

That's rubbish,  and if you had a good marriage relationship you would know that.

I could go on about your perspective but I would get a ban.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you give her money she isn't a partner in life, she's an employee,

Thats ridiculous... there is a financial aspect to many of our relationships, but it is just an aspect... and it changes... I take care of a niece and pay for everything for her... she is a daughter and student, not an employee and owes me nothing... I give $ to mom and dad, they worked hard all of their lives and had little but took great care of their family... they owe me nothing.. I have helped many family members... and they hold no obligation... 

Have you never had the experience of helping someone and wanting nothing in return? 

On 4/25/2020 at 3:04 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

its even kind of unspoken.

good point... it is a marriage and partnership and not a contract w/clauses... things change... my wife is a hard worker but if she is tired we hire someone to come in and help out... if you care about the others well being there will be changes and exceptions and times where each is not well..

I also wonder what might have driven the ops wife to enjoy the phone more than anything else in life... all kind of sad.