Five Asean countries named as high-risk for Covid-19 infection

webfact

29 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Sorry Anutin - wrong again!  Get your brain into gear, Cambodia does not have an escalating infection rate (at the moment):-

Source Wikipedia (no deaths to date)

COVID-19 cases in Cambodia  (
  •      Deaths        Recoveries        Active cases

Jan Feb Mar Apr Last 15 days

Date

# of cases
# of recoveries
04/07

115(+0.88%) 58(+9.43%)
04/08

117(+1.74%) 63(+8.62%)
04/09

118(+0.85%) 68(+7.94%)
04/10

119(+0.85%) 72(+5.88%)
04/11

120(+0.84%) 75(+4.17%)
04/12

122(+1.67%) 77(+10%)
04/13

122 77
04/14

122 91(+18.18%)
04/15

122 96(+5.49%)
04/16

122 98(+2.08%)
04/17

122 98
04/18

122 103(+5.1%)
04/19

122 105(+1.94%)
04/20

122 107(+1.9%)
04/21

122 110(+2.8%)

Anutin is very likely looking at data we mere mortals have no access to. Certainly not wikipedia. Although ... TiT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

I hope this is not the start of an attempt to list all the 'bad' countries and then allow tourism in from the 'good' ones - one of which will be China of course.

You're not supposed to say the real reason out loud!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, madmitch said:

But the USA, UK, France and Spain haven't joined Italy on the list! And what about Singapore, where the problem is escalating faster than any other southeast Asian country?

Why bother; it's a worldwide problem. It just isn't worth naming specific countries as things change constantly.

Keep the borders  closed its the only chance of missing the worst if you chase the cash you will be sorry for i2 or 3 years

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I read a report yesterday in the Mail Online and it said a study in California found the mortality rate at 0.18.

Try telling that to people in France, Spain, Italy and UK where it's running at upto 15%

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm surprised Laos is on the list.  The borders have been tightly closed for some time now, and the lockdown, even in villages, is being enforced.  All 19 cases are accounted for and efforts have been made to trace everyone on the affected flights/transport.  

And not a death......

here in Luang Prabang 2 people with the virus have been treated, and are now clear and home.

Its that Numpty Anutin again......

he would not know his Laos from his elbow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

I hope this is not the start of an attempt to list all the 'bad' countries and then allow tourism in from the 'good' ones - one of which will be China of course.

thinking the same .. the countries that are seen as most beneficial to Thailand will not be subjected to some of the measures being mooted for other nationalities that will make the list ..

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Infectious for everyone, latest figures suggest obesity can cause complications but the virus doesn't only infect fat people you know

74% in the UK who need hospital treatment are overweight or obese. 5% of those who die in the UK are healthy.

27 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Try telling that to people in France, Spain, Italy and UK where it's running at upto 15%

That is only from the confirmed cases, as you know the majority are not tested with mild cases and asymptomatic, when you include these the death rates are considerably lower.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

P.S. You must be looking at an old list. Attached is the current one

who-reference-laboratories-providing-confirmatory-testing-for-covid-19.pdf 319.59 kB · 0 downloads

No, actually I think I'm going blind. Too many hours scouring MoPH sites for morsels of information. 

The Cambodia lab is also on the WHO list on their website. Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam and Malaysia don't seem to have their own. I'd guess Malaysia uses Singapore.

If the Asia numbers are close to accurate, my advice is for all to avoid going to the USA,

looks at their numbers, and I doubt that the peak will happen for at least 1 or 2 more months 

after a lot of the protesters, that were yelling, standing next to each other looking for

their liberty, that they already had, but more likely some will find the death they were

yelling about as well.  I know that I will be avoiding that diseased country for 2 to 3 years,

and I do hope the Canadian border is closed for at least 2 to 4 months, then, the people are

screened and traced who come over after that.

Geezer

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

thinking the same .. the countries that are seen as most beneficial to Thailand will not be subjected to some of the measures being mooted for other nationalities that will make the list ..

That would be to overlook where all the "slave" labour comes from. though !

10 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Falang callot understand  :crazy:

On the other hand, as a farang I still cannot understand why stop a country and put 20 million people in technical unemployment for 2500 cases and 40 dead when there are more deaths in one day on the roads in this country .

Because we not want to be same France. Dangerous for elderly 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Because we not want to be same France. Dangerous for elderly 

Thats a lovely sentiment, protect the old, weak & sick, a lot of whom never looked after themselves in the first place!

What about the alcoholics, those with young children, those that are not mentally strong, they were the future :shock1:

Quite a few people where I am have passed due to alcoholism and suicide, the number across the country will be far more than the deaths of the old and weak that have been "protected'

Why were the old and weak were not placed in some sort of isolation while the rest of society carried on? - I can answer my own question - a lot of ulterior motives at play and being played out! ????