Pattaya/Satahip aria. ISUZU D-Max diesel ticking sound

Singtoo

In the Pattaya, Satahip aria.

Does anyone know know a good reliable garage or person on diesel car problems?

As i do have, when accelerating at low speed from 20/30 Kmh, some times a ticking sound in the engine room.

I have a 2013, ISUZU D-Max, 150.000 Km.

I suppose this can be a problem on injectors, fuel pump or perhaps valves.

But the ticking sounds is only at this low speed range.

Please some advise where have a good mechanician or garage where no rip off tariffs are quoted.

Edited by Singtoo
Additional info

5 hours ago, transam said:

Have you every had the tappet/valve clearances checked...?

Transam, Yes about every 40.000 Km the clearance gets checked.

Last check now 25.000 Km ago done at ISUZU dealership.

So indeed perhaps the clearance check was not done, at ISUZU dealer, top last time.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Do people still do that stuff? My feeler gauges last saw the light of day late summer 1984.

Weeeeeeeeell, the 2004-2016 3.0 ltr Toyota diesel has hands on tappet adjustment, the new 2.8ltr doesn't..But, sold my 3.0ltr Vigo when 11+ years old, never had the tappets checked, very quiet valve train... 

just had my valves/tappets checked on my Vigo D4D 3lt at 200,000 km and they were spot on . A good indication that valve/tappets need adjustment is the colour or your exhaust !!    As for a recommendation - try James at Car Tech ! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jen65 said:

just had my valves/tappets checked on my Vigo D4D 3lt at 200,000 km and they were spot on . A good indication that valve/tappets need adjustment is the colour or your exhaust !!    As for a recommendation - try James at Car Tech ! 

Jen THX for your comment. Did you go to James also? As tomorrow i go indeed to James from Car Tech as several people also recommended him in my FaceBook Oracle search advert. (y)

Today i went toJames at CarTech. And together we came to the conclusion that the ticking sound comes from at least one injector is a kind of leaking and so spray to much fuel inside and making a misfiring sounds because of to much fuel in a cylinder. So the injectors will need to be overhauled to solve this problem. So this topic can be closed.

23 minutes ago, Singtoo said:

Today i went toJames at CarTech. And together we came to the conclusion that the ticking sound comes from at least one injector is a kind of leaking and so spray to much fuel inside and making a misfiring sounds because of to much fuel in a cylinder. So the injectors will need to be overhauled to solve this problem. So this topic can be closed.

Close when solved....????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jen65 said:

I would second your recommendation James at Car tech is an excellent chap just off the 332 at Pluta Luang 

On 4/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, Singtoo said:

some times a ticking sound in the engine room.

I immediately thought of an injector

On 4/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, Singtoo said:

But the ticking sounds is only at this low speed range.

It seems to me that it is something else because a dead injector makes noise at any speed.

I broke down on one injector in the Mont Blanc tunnel with a Saviem 280TU; in charge, of course ( 38 t on the scale ); start without problem, go to first and lift the right foot gently; nothing helped, the engine called; not enough torque with 5 cylinders .