Good Heavy Rain Tonight

Changbeer4me

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

My pool service arrived looking like a Newfoundland sea-fisherman. 

Well, as long as he wasn't "screeching" or finding any cod to kiss in the pool, you're probably safe ! Otherwise he may be a lost "bay-bye what comes where you at" !

In which case you'd better hide the booze.

And the cod.

Oh great, it's raining - again !

When will it ever stop ?!?!? Should we start building an ark soon ? Is it too late ?  ????

Just joking. :w00t:
I'd seen a post earlier today suggesting that we were in for another heavy rain tonight and it may have just started. Not thundering down (yet) but enough to make you want to have an umbrella if you are going to be outside for more than a few seconds.

Kerryd,

Wondering if this was the song you were listening too the other night ..?

Great Song ...

Great Voice...  

https://www.facebook.com/jimmybarnesofficial/videos/heres-a-song-for-you-on-a-cool-monday-night-funny-but-it-still-seems-like-a-satu/619001652030464/

Edited by Changbeer4me

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

2 nights of heavy rain ,and this morning the water is coming out the tap faster than ever .

We've got water as well though this is an "even" day. However it is the usual low pressure that we've been getting for awhile now. 

No problem, kick on the pump to do the laundry and then let the tank fill (slowly) from the slow, city water feed. Don't think we've had enough rain to make a measurable difference in the reservoirs yet. Probably hasn't been enough to even keep pace with consumption so they are probably still down, just not quite as down as they would have been otherwise.

Hope more rain is on the way soon ! (First time I've ever wished that, as more rain means less riding around the country.)

We've got water every day now (or at least every day that I bother to look) but not a lot of pressure. My water tank is underground so it fills up anyway, even when there's just a trickle coming from the mains, but my neighbours opposite have an above-ground storage tank and the water pressure is evidently not enough to get it up into that. Two days ago the guy was standing out in the rain watching a water tanker truck fill up his tank, that's galling.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

We've got water every day now (or at least every day that I bother to look) but not a lot of pressure. My water tank is underground so it fills up anyway, even when there's just a trickle coming from the mains, but my neighbours opposite have an above-ground storage tank and the water pressure is evidently not enough to get it up into that. Two days ago the guy was standing out in the rain watching a water tanker truck fill up his tank, that's galling.

yes ours is underground as well ,so no problem filling it ,but to be honest its very rare we dont have water ,but lately slow from about 8pm